Urgent Regal Princess vaccination and covid test

Schulz2201

Morning

just spotted this on Princess website, we thought we were being tested at the terminal ??

Fully vaccinated guests will be required to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test along with proof of full vaccination upon arrival in the terminal and can then proceed onboard. Please note that testing in the terminal will not be available for vaccinated guests, so it’s critical that you have your negative test results with you upon your arrival. We will not be able to accommodate guests without proof of a negative test.

Edited by Schulz2201
Spelling

15 minutes ago, Schulz2201 said:

Morning

just spotted this on Princess website, we thought we were being tested at the terminal ??

Fully vaccinated guests will be required to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test along with proof of full vaccination upon arrival in the terminal and can then proceed onboard. Please note that testing in the terminal will not be available for vaccinated guests, so it’s critical that you have your negative test results with you upon your arrival. We will not be able to accommodate guests without proof of a negative test.

Are you sailing from Southampton because this is under Southampton sailings. 

Will I be required to have a pre travel COVID-19 test performed 72 hours prior to boarding the ship?

To board the ship, guests will not be required to have a pre-travel COVID-19 test performed, however all guests will undergo testing at the terminal prior to board, the cost of which is complimentary.

35 minutes ago, Schulz2201 said:

Morning

just spotted this on Princess website, we thought we were being rested at the terminal ??

2 hours ago, Schulz2201 said:

Morning

just spotted this on Princess website, we thought we were being rested at the terminal ??

6 hours ago, Schulz2201 said:

Thank god, just panicked.

instead of relying on info from people on Cruise Critic why aren't you calling Princess direct to see exactly what the requirements are for your cruise? I'm betting you don't want to be sitting on the dock watching your cruise sail without you because you listen to the wrong info..

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Schulz2201 said:

Lol tried that, an hour and 10 minutes in, no answer but thanks for the advice 😀

For a uk Seacation you do not have to organise any tests.  They will check your proof of vaccine and perform an LFT at the terminal, or drive through testing site if you are coming by car.

• Like 1

If you are sailing from UK on a Seacation cruise then all guests have to be double vaccinated if you are parking with CPS you will proceed to Covid test centre via dock gate 20 if you are arriving by foot, taxi then you go straight to departure terminal where the LFT test is done there.

11 hours ago, Schulz2201 said:

Lol tried that, an hour and 10 minutes in, no answer but thanks for the advice 😀

I'd rather wait 1 1/2 hours on hold than 7 days on the dock because you listened to advise on Cruise Critic rather than getting straight from the horses mouth

But surely that’s the point of cruise critic, a helpful tool in addition to advice from the cruise line. I have now established exactly the course of action and waiting on the dock for any number of days will hopefully not be the outcome for anyone 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Schulz2201 said:

Before my recent Seacation I had a query. The Princess phone number in the UK is valid till 10.00pm. I called at 9.30 one evening and was patched through almost immediately to a lady in Seattle.  She answered my query.  Thanks to reading on CC about long waits on the phone it's worth knowing that you're not restricted to UK office hours.

On 8/27/2021 at 11:31 AM, annamooseone said:

instead of relying on info from people on Cruise Critic why aren't you calling Princess direct to see exactly what the requirements are for your cruise? I'm betting you don't want to be sitting on the dock watching your cruise sail without you because you listen to the wrong info..

We all know how misinformed a great number of CC pax are. Most in fact.

On 8/27/2021 at 8:09 PM, annamooseone said:

I'd rather wait 1 1/2 hours on hold than 7 days on the dock because you listened to advise on Cruise Critic rather than getting straight from the horses mouth

I see no problem asking here, and then confirming with Princess when they can get through.  Princess doesn't always have the answers either btw.  Could not tell me why my Standard Insurance is suddenly showing up as Platinum both on my Travel Summary and the Insurance itself.  

Edited by Sprocket

On 8/27/2021 at 2:41 AM, Merly said:

Are you sailing from Southampton because this is under Southampton sailings. 

Will I be required to have a pre travel COVID-19 test performed 72 hours prior to boarding the ship?

To board the ship, guests will not be required to have a pre-travel COVID-19 test performed, however all guests will undergo testing at the terminal prior to board, the cost of which is complimentary.

Directly  from Princess website for UK sailing. No need to phone. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sprocket said:

I see no problem asking here, and then confirming with Princess when they can get through.  Princess doesn't always have the answers either btw.  Could not tell me why my Standard Insurance is suddenly showing up as Platinum both on my Travel Summary and the Insurance itself.  

Try Princess live chat.  People report having success with it

8 hours ago, awhcruiser said:

Try Princess live chat.  People report having success with it

I did try the Live Chat and when she couldn't answer my question she advised I call Princess and ask them.  And they advised me to call Aon Insurance.  Still no satisfactory answer.

Edited by Sprocket

We sailed on sky on the 30th and someone mentioned this to us as we left the premier Inn , so had 2 really anxious hours thinking we wouldn't be allowed to board but checked the email we'd received a few days before boarding and it still mentioned testing at the port which after a stressful few hours is what happened so the best thing to do is check the departure emails you get sent a week before you leave