Alaska Muse 8/29

highplanesdrifters

I will say one thing about indoor  restaurants.......the staff had to ask a few different guys to remove their hats when dining........I was having lunch in Keiski and a couple came in and the husband had a baseball cap on---the maitr'd walked over to him and softly asked him to remove his cap. He did so but was not happy about it.  They were sitting near me and I could hear him say something back.........😲

May I ask a question.......what is with the guys who wear caps inside restaurants?😲

• Like 1

Bald heads??

Hi Lois, I have much enjoyed reading your reports from the Muse, and hope you can get your review back without having to type it all  up again.  Well done for having as many  good times as possible; after all we have been through.  And I for one would enjoy a half full ship for a change.

Lola

1 minute ago, lincslady said:

Bald heads??

Hi Lois, I have much enjoyed reading your reports from the Muse, and hope you can get your review back without having to type it all  up again.  Well done for having as many  good times as possible; after all we have been through.  And I for one would enjoy a half full ship for a change.

Lola

Hi Lola, thanks🙂....I started a new one (review)......see the top of the page. I will finish it later today.

I really don't know what happened to the one I did last night.

I echo the observations of my fellow Muse  travelers on board this journey. Having a wonderful journey so far, only hiccup was the new testing process. We must have just missed you highplanes, we dropped our luggage off a little before 1:30, but were able to board before 3. I believe the back up started immediately since at least 50 people arrived sometime after 1 and don’t believe they were prepared to start testing until about 1:30 . I must have been assigned the “roto router “ tech also, so he probably got a good sample. 

Most people following the mask protocols, some not so much. You can definitely social distance if you choose. We accidentally came in through the back entrance to Indochine last night and it was so woefully empty (assuming most others were in Atlantide since it was formal optional?) , we felt bad and decided to eat at Indochine . (Able to snag a window seat 😊) . I’m glad we did, it was very good. (It would have been nice if they had dimmed the lights, a little more romantic) since it was only 4 other occupied  tables . So much for the dress code, some must have read that informal/  formal optional as both were optional. As we were leaving, I swore one couple looked extremely casual, wearing sweaters, no jacket. The other nearby restaurants(appeared to have people dressed per the code. 

Overall, Very glad we chose this cruise, great to be on board again, the Muse is lovely, service is wonderful, food is delicious. And the ample space and low passenger count is an added plus. ( imagine that testing process with a full ship😳) . 

To my fellow travelers currently on board. Enjoy! 

PS thanks again Lois ( and glad you made it home safely) and others for sharing your experience with all of us! And Highplanes thanks for starting this thread

Sent from my iPad

Edited by bobolz
  • Like 2

I don't know...but I do know the guy was sort of "put out".....he took it off but didn't like it. I could hear him say something like "its about that cap thing again"......well, if he knew it was not acceptable, why did wear it in there in first place?....like you said, poor manners............

• Like 3

No news is good news - not much to report from the Muse - the cruise is going well - Rico is fun, the food is good, the drinks are flowing - all as per usual in fact.

Well, we are supposed to wear masks indoors and most pax are being good about it but since you take them off when seated at a table for eating or drinking, masks are off a lot of the time, but there have not been any health issues reported.

Attendance at trivia was very thin initially but has increased - our team came third on Mon, second on Tuesday and first on Wednesday so what'll happen today, Thursday, remains to be seen - last, probably, that's the usual reward for hubris.

Tonite is Venetian party, wonder how many of the 199 pax are Venetians and will attend.

The weather which has been sunnier than expected has reverted to type and is cloudy with drizzle today in Sitka, and may well stay that way for the rest of the cruise. No surprise really in Alaska. It's 55F / 13C which is appallingly cold for me but not too bad for most folk, I guess. 

It's either put my fleece pants on and get on with it, or sit at home dripping sweat and wondering if Hurricane Larry is going to hit, so I'm not complaining! Just happy to be here.

Edited by jollyjones
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

All if these posts are dedicated to the "Coolers". You kept the threads going through the darkest of Covid times with Spirit and good humor. Thanks from all the lurkers.

The sail up to Alaska was fabulous. Calm seas and sunny skies. Lazing by the pool, and warm enough to swim. An Alaskan beer tasting helped get our suits in. Just heaven.  Ketchikan met us with heavy fog and drizzle. We canceled our Kayak and detoured to the Rainforest Bears and raptor center. Saw a few bears and the walk through the rainforest on an elevated platform was nice. Raptors up close also interesting. Nice totems. But a tad on the slow side.

20210831_115116.jpg

20210831_135724.jpg

20210901_091332.jpg

20210901_093423.jpg

20210901_094853.jpg

20210901_101639.jpg

20210901_101752.jpg

20210901_101953.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

The journey to Sitka gave us a few bumps in the night. A few things were tossed around the cabin, but nothing too bad.  Sitka met us with clouds and misty rain but very temperate. We booked a private whale watching tour with Captain Patrick of Seamarine. 907-738-3724. And WOW, did he deliver. Saw dozens of whales. He would magically position the boat for optimal viewing. Will try and post videos.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1