Gem lanyards FYi

Disfan5

5 minutes ago, hallux said:

If they went RFID there may not be a need for the room entry consideration as that would be done with the RFID instead of swipe.

Well, I guess that's the next challenge, have they gone RFID?  I'm on a B2B on the Epic, so I'll go do some digging in the forums to find out.

I also came across this which might work: Amazon.com : 6 Pack Retractable Heavy Duty Badge Holders with Carabiner 3 Reel Clip Vertical Horizontal Style Clear ID Card Tag Holders for Card Key Chain Badge Holder Nurse Doctor School Students Office Worker : Office Products

It's got a window to use your thumb to easily slide out the card.

2 hours ago, Nicky Mouse said:

Well, I guess that's the next challenge, have they gone RFID?

I just realized - BirdTravels' card is from the Encore, a ship with RFID room access.  The arrows on the card are a carry-over from the card front design on the non-RFID ships.

27 minutes ago, pbenjamin said:

I find it interesting that people are so desperate for a solution that allows them to wear their card around their neck.  Putting it in a pocket works just fine for me.

LOL, totally agree, I do not like it hanging around my neck.

55 minutes ago, pbenjamin said:

I find it interesting that people are so desperate for a solution that allows them to wear their card around their neck.  Putting it in a pocket works just fine for me.

That would be great if I had a pocket. Most of my sun dresses do not. I’m not planning to wear an apron

• Like 2

5 hours ago, hallux said:

I just realized - BirdTravels' card is from the Encore, a ship with RFID room access.  The arrows on the card are a carry-over from the card front design on the non-RFID ships.

I just realized later today that if they have RFID, then the half card thing I found would work. If they don't have RFID, then free to do hole punching!

3 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

I had seen these but it didn't register in my brain what it was, it just showed the gripper, didn't see the pic with it on the card. But I like!

1 hour ago, Nicky Mouse said:

I had seen these but it didn't register in my brain what it was, it just showed the gripper, didn't see the pic with it on the card. But I like!

They do them in Walmart too.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Black-Gripper-Card-Holder-Clamp-for-Standard-Thickness-ID-Badge-Sold-Individually/562423336?selected=true

I just ordered myself 10 from a well know auction site for $9 delivered, it's from China so will take a while.