Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

Originally the minimum bid was something like $1250. One day a red line was on the bid category which stated that the minimum bid was lowered to $750. So we placed a bid just below fair which was below the original minimum. Our bid was below fair and high poor. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DaggoB said:

Originally the minimum bid was something like $1250. One day a red line was on the bid category which stated that the minimum bid was lowered to $750. So we placed a bid just below fair which was below the original minimum. Our bid was below fair and high poor. 

Holy cow, that's great - sounds like you got a great deal!

Anyone know why I have bids on both rooms but the “offer strength” is grayed out?  Does it only show up a certain number of days before sailing?  We’ve never bid before so I’m not sure how it typically works.  We are 35 days out.

6667418E-915F-458C-B53D-08203F8A71BA.jpeg

13 minutes ago, raitch said:

Anyone know why I have bids on both rooms but the “offer strength” is grayed out?  Does it only show up a certain number of days before sailing?  We’ve never bid before so I’m not sure how it typically works.  We are 35 days out.

6667418E-915F-458C-B53D-08203F8A71BA.jpeg

You need to click on "Review Your Offer" - then click on Modify Offer and it will show you your offer strength.  

28 minutes ago, 1mwalker said:

Received email this morning I won bid for AFT Balcony Haven Suite.  Original room was Club Balcony Suite thru CAS.  Bid was just slightly higher than the minimum.  Sailing is Bliss Nov. 28

Congrats!!!!! I have bids on the Haven suites on the Breakaway for December 5th cruise....hoping to hear something later this week or early next week

54 minutes ago, 1mwalker said:

Received email this morning I won bid for AFT Balcony Haven Suite.  Original room was Club Balcony Suite thru CAS.  Bid was just slightly higher than the minimum.  Sailing is Bliss Nov. 28

Congrats! Curious do you remember what the minimum and maximum bids were for club balcony to haven? I have similar situation on Bliss for later cruise. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 1mwalker said:

i only placed bids for the aft Haven balcony suites.  I think the min. was $950/pp and the max was $2,500/pp

I have bids on all, some i did minimum, others i put a stronger bid in, but none are above the low end of fair. If i win i will be sure to put my winning bid amount as well as cabin 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1mwalker said:

Congrats! A few friends got their bids for spa room for the same sailing. I only bid on Haven and no luck 😞 

1 hour ago, davis9267 said:

Congrats! Curious do you remember what the minimum and maximum bids were for club balcony to haven? I have similar situation on Bliss for later cruise. 

So based on room type the lowest starting bid for haven was $600. Then it went to $950. And $1500 for 2 bedroom and $2200 for the owners 

I was on the Nov 14 sailing on the Bliss. I did NOT receive an email to upgrade (55 days out) but others did so I just look on the app. It was there!  I had booked an inside cabin and could bid on an oceanview, (regular) balcony, or spa balcony cabins. I only bid on the spa balcony ($180/person which was $5 over the minimum). I was notified at 11 days out that I had won! 🙂

• Like 2

On 11/22/2021 at 2:29 PM, DaggoB said:

Thank you Julig22

This morning the let’s get you upgraded disappeared. No email, no change for anything. I used the link you provided and it shows processing for the Haven 2 bedroom villa. We go from the club balcony suite with a large balcony to the Haven. In four days we are in NOLA for two days and next comes the Breakaway Haven.

OH MY GOD!  Used the link and they are processing my bid for the two bedroom Haven Suite with large balcony!!  Now I have to decide if I am telling my mom over Thanksgiving!  (And who gets the larger bedroom??)  LOL

• Like 3

17 hours ago, dobiemom said:

I was on the Nov 14 sailing on the Bliss. I did NOT receive an email to upgrade (55 days out) but others did so I just look on the app. It was there!  I had booked an inside cabin and could bid on an oceanview, (regular) balcony, or spa balcony cabins. I only bid on the spa balcony ($180/person which was $5 over the minimum). I was notified at 11 days out that I had won! 🙂

Congratulations!  Now that is a great upgrade for the price.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cmecruise1962 said:

OH MY GOD!  Used the link and they are processing my bid for the two bedroom Haven Suite with large balcony!!  Now I have to decide if I am telling my mom over Thanksgiving!  (And who gets the larger bedroom??)  LOL

HOLY COW - ME TOO!!!!  On the Dec 4 Joy...

For anyone interested, I bid on EVERY Haven cabin but seem to have "won" the H5 Two-Bedroom suite with a bid in the low "Good" range.  I had bids from "Fair" to "Excellent" (including bidding the maximum amount on the lowest Haven cabins) but the highest dollar amount we bid was on the one we won.  I do wonder if we overbid but I don't care - we got the cabin we wanted and will be paying thousands under the "sticker" price. 

Gotta go do the "upgraded to the Haven" dance now...

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, a1betpr said:

For anyone interested, I bid on EVERY Haven cabin but seem to have "won" the H5 Two-Bedroom suite with a bid in the low "Good" range.  I had bids from "Fair" to "Excellent" (including bidding the maximum amount on the lowest Haven cabins) but the highest dollar amount we bid was on the one we won.  I do wonder if we overbid but I don't care - we got the cabin we wanted and will be paying thousands under the "sticker" price. 

We're on the same sailing!  Woot woot!!

36 minutes ago, a1betpr said:

I've been waiting to hear your results because I'm hoping to use your strategy lol. SO happy for you!!! Have a great cruise!

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, jumbojem96 said:

I've been waiting to hear your results because I'm hoping to use your strategy lol. SO happy for you!!! Have a great cruise!

Thanks jumbojem!  Nice to know someone was following my posts like I was following those of Pieson and others on earlier cruises.  I'm supposed to be working today but looks like it'll be a day of watching YouTube videos of the Haven, which I've tried to avoid up to now.  

We were supposed to leave for three weeks in Germany/Austria today but canceled our trip a couple months ago due to what turned out to be pretty well-founded Covid concerns - now it looks like this cruise will be a great substitute.  Fingers crossed no one tests positive at the pier!

Good luck on your bidding!

• Like 3