Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

We’re sailing on the Breakaway 11/21.  Our bid was accepted today.  We went from a balcony to a forward facing penthouse.  Our bid was the bottom end of fair.  We’re so excited.  Love the Haven😁

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, mingo said:

We’re sailing on the Breakaway 11/21.  Our bid was accepted today.  We went from a balcony to a forward facing penthouse.  Our bid was the bottom end of fair.  We’re so excited.  Love the Haven😁

Congrats Mingo!  Can I ask which other Haven cabins you bid on?  Did you bid on cabins in higher categories than the one you won?  

On our "Let's get you upgraded" page there are still options available to bid on Haven suites, but if you do a mock booking it says Haven is sold out. Do they hold some to allow for people who bid on upgrades to get them? We bid on 3 different ones before it said sold out and our bid still says "Pending"

59 minutes ago, linswi said:

On our "Let's get you upgraded" page there are still options available to bid on Haven suites, but if you do a mock booking it says Haven is sold out. Do they hold some to allow for people who bid on upgrades to get them? We bid on 3 different ones before it said sold out and our bid still says "Pending"

No they do not hold anything.  However cabin availability can change at any time (cancellation, cabin change, etc).  Pending only means the bid has been received and is in the queue to be reviewed. Processing means your bid has been accepted.

• Like 1

On 11/21 Encore Sailing.  Original Category was BF. Bid minimum on both club balcony suite ($25pp) and Spa Club Balcony ($100pp).  Won  club balcony suite (category MA).  Haven minimum bids started at $400pp and if I were going solo I would have totally bid on a few of those.

• Thanks 1

I am watching the encore 11/21 sailing- a large chuck of the haven rooms disappeared yesterday and I see one person above was upgraded to a non haven room.  Oddly there are like 2 rooms in each haven category still open. I thought I bid pretty aggressively (low fair for all but the aft rooms which I was in poor). 

I clicked the use remaining FCC button I hope that’s not affecting my chances. 

anyone have any thoughts on why they left a few rooms in each haven category open? 

7 minutes ago, tracyfitzs said:

I am watching the encore 11/21 sailing- a large chuck of the haven rooms disappeared yesterday and I see one person above was upgraded to a non haven room.  Oddly there are like 2 rooms in each haven category still open. I thought I bid pretty aggressively (low fair for all but the aft rooms which I was in poor). 

I clicked the use remaining FCC button I hope that’s not affecting my chances. 

anyone have any thoughts on why they left a few rooms in each haven category open? 

This happens when peoples credit cards decline. They will usually disappear the next day. Happened to me. I recently bid on a 2 bedroom Haven suite on the 11/13/21 escape sailing, I did not win on Wednesday of this week and the next day there were still 2, 2 bedrooms listed. I saw that, upped my bid a little going from a gty balcony and boom I was accepted. 

I won’t say my bid but I will say all in all I’m still saving 3 grand. 

You may still have a chance but up your bid a little ASAP

14 hours ago, Oceanwench said:

Sailing on Escape on a 5-day cruise in December.

We're booked in a Club Balcony Suite.

The minimum upgrade bid for a Haven cabin was $600 each!

I decided that was more than I wanted to spend.

Yup, I saw the same as you.  Also, I was on this ship in Feb 2020, same room, same upgrade options, 400PP instead of 600PP, and it was a 7 day....  I guess if they can ask for it they can get it.  I am still on the fence, because it has been a while since we cruised and I love the haven.

47 minutes ago, CruiseAF said:

This happens when peoples credit cards decline. They will usually disappear the next day. Happened to me. I recently bid on a 2 bedroom Haven suite on the 11/13/21 escape sailing, I did not win on Wednesday of this week and the next day there were still 2, 2 bedrooms listed. I saw that, upped my bid a little going from a gty balcony and boom I was accepted. 

I won’t say my bid but I will say all in all I’m still saving 3 grand. 

You may still have a chance but up your bid a little ASAP

Was wondering about this very situation. All the bids seemed to have been accepted yesterday for the same cruise I’m going on the week before.  Which means my window is probably up now

will I see them slowly roll out the bids and if I’m not accepted have a chance to up my bid ?

I saw on the cruise the week before mine they still have a room available in the Haven in each category 

My bid to upgrade  to a Haven H9 Spa Suite was accepted two days ago for the November TA from Rome.  I basically paid for an upgrade as I really disliked the ugly and dysfunctional cabins on the Epic. I wasn't going to pay 13k brochure rate, so I made sure to put in a very strong bid. The Haven has been completely refurbished on the Epic in 2020, cabins now have a  real bathroom, thank you Lord.

While I hate the Epics standard cabins, I really love the ship, its a one off quirky and strange design train wreck, even has an interior escalator. The other unique thing is that it's a  shaft driven propeller ship, and its much smoother than the Azipods.  Can't wait!

• Like 1

We have our first NCL cruise on Getaway coming up over Xmas and are very intrigued by the notion of bidding for an upgrade on a cabin.  I've done it several times with airfares so not new to the concept, just the application with respect to a cruise.

Is there any ballpark time frame when the emails usually come out (if at all) or is it completely by chance (obviously based on occupancy, etc)?

1 hour ago, Captain_Morgan said:

We have our first NCL cruise on Getaway coming up over Xmas and are very intrigued by the notion of bidding for an upgrade on a cabin.  I've done it several times with airfares so not new to the concept, just the application with respect to a cruise.

Is there any ballpark time frame when the emails usually come out (if at all) or is it completely by chance (obviously based on occupancy, etc)?

I’ve seen them in the 50-60 day range. Got mine at 55. 

• Like 1

On 11/5/2021 at 8:11 PM, Oceanwench said:

Sailing on Escape on a 5-day cruise in December.

We're booked in a Club Balcony Suite.

The minimum upgrade bid for a Haven cabin was $600 each!

I decided that was more than I wanted to spend.

Same price for us and we are not upgrading either. We are on the bliss I’m Dec