Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

On 9/28/2023 at 7:16 PM, Russiamomm said:

If your card has been charged, it’s a safe bet that you got the upgrade.  Congrats!  Just May take a bit for the NCL system to catch up.  

Not necessarily . A friend had her card charged for her bid amount on a cruise this summer the day before boarding. She received the congrats email, so thought she got the upgrade but when she checked in, her cabin was the same one she originally booked. No one at check in or on board could explain why she was charged OR move her to the new category. She said it took a couple weeks and several phone calls before her charges were reversed/refunded.

• Like 1

Well I got the confirmation email last night to say that I've been upgraded from the inside to an outside family cabin.  Really happy with this as the room looks huge compared with the inside and most importantly, has enough storage for the three of us.

So worth sharing as it took almost 5 days from appearing on my credit card statement online to getting the email.   I had put in a low - ish bid previously, was worried about cabin size and was quoted around £600 to pay for the upgrade outright.  I could see on the website that everything was "sold out" so thought I had nothing to lose by upping the bid to the full suggested amount £410 total.  Was surprised to note that the payment from credit card was within a day of this upped bid.  

Perhaps I could have been successful with a lower bid but it's worth it for the peace of mind.  Really excited to enjoy our extra space and bath tub 🙂  Good luck all. 

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

Sailing on Dawn in 12 days.

Yesterday awarded a successful bid from inside cabin to BA balcony deck 9. Feeling lucky!

Three days prior, after told that balconies were sold out, I put max bids on a balcony (and club balcony). Paid Cdn $516/pp less than if we'd purchased a balcony upgrade the week prior and much less than if we'd booked a balcony when we booked the cruise.

I received a credit card alert about the charge and the upgrade email from NCL one minute later.

We hadn't booked the inside cabin with the intent to upgrade later. Just decided to SEA what we could do!

• Like 6

On 10/3/2023 at 3:31 AM, ColdCruise said:

Not necessarily . A friend had her card charged for her bid amount on a cruise this summer the day before boarding. She received the congrats email, so thought she got the upgrade but when she checked in, her cabin was the same one she originally booked. No one at check in or on board could explain why she was charged OR move her to the new category. She said it took a couple weeks and several phone calls before her charges were reversed/refunded.

That's what a good lawyer is good for.  Would have ended up with up some FCC.

There is a contract involved. You cannot back out, they cannot either. 

Credit card company would have put that amount in dispute immediately.

On 10/3/2023 at 5:50 AM, dritan said:

Well I got the confirmation email last night to say that I've been upgraded from the inside to an outside family cabin.  Really happy with this as the room looks huge compared with the inside and most importantly, has enough storage for the three of us.

So worth sharing as it took almost 5 days from appearing on my credit card statement online to getting the email.   I had put in a low - ish bid previously, was worried about cabin size and was quoted around £600 to pay for the upgrade outright.  I could see on the website that everything was "sold out" so thought I had nothing to lose by upping the bid to the full suggested amount £410 total.  Was surprised to note that the payment from credit card was within a day of this upped bid.  

Perhaps I could have been successful with a lower bid but it's worth it for the peace of mind.  Really excited to enjoy our extra space and bath tub 🙂  Good luck all. 

I just got notified we were upgraded to balcony from inside for $205 pp!!!!!! 

no way I expected that!!!! 3 days! NCL escape 10/15!!!!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, rodndonna said:

How long is your cruise? 7 days? 

I have been watching the escape sailing the past few weeks as we are going on the Escape January 6th. We are booked in a HAven 2 bedroom and was hoping the Owners suite with large balcony would come open but pretty sure its sold out. Congrats on the upgrade 

11 minutes ago, be4unoit said:

If the category we are bidding on is showing sold out for the cruise should I just cancel my upgrade bid?

The people in the cabin you are bidding on may have put a bid on another category of cabin. If they can upgrade that opens up their cabin for someone else.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, vswan said:

The people in the cabin you are bidding on may have put a bid on another category of cabin. If they can upgrade that opens up their cabin for someone else.

My cruise showed fully sold out for about a month and somehow I got an upgrade 3 days before. I literally thought about canceling them today then 2 hours later I was upgraded! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, tracyfitzs said:

My cruise showed fully sold out for about a month and somehow I got an upgrade 3 days before. I literally thought about canceling them today then 2 hours later I was upgraded! 

Hope for the rest of us in the same situation ❤️ 

Very happy for you 😄 

2 minutes ago, tracyfitzs said:

I live in hope for another 24 days 😂

44 minutes ago, base5002 said:

It looks like we'll be on a pretty full ship. Good luck with your bid upgrade! I've pretty much written ours off since I'm not willing to pay the top end for the Haven options.

I wouldn't pay for Haven in any case. I think it's a ridiculous amount for a cruise. But that's just me.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, be4unoit said:

I wouldn't pay for Haven in any case. I think it's a ridiculous amount for a cruise. But that's just me.

Exactly it is your option...as for me, Wife and I only Cruise NCL in the Haven now, Next one is in January on the Escape, 2 Bedroom Haven suite. We are giving MSC Yacht club a try next in September as well

• Like 2

On 10/12/2023 at 9:46 AM, wolft927 said:

I have been watching the escape sailing the past few weeks as we are going on the Escape January 6th. We are booked in a HAven 2 bedroom and was hoping the Owners suite with large balcony would come open but pretty sure its sold out. Congrats on the upgrade 

We were in a 2 bedroom suite in the Haven on the Escape transatlantic last November.  You will be happy with that room, we were.  Also, the Haven on this ship is great. Loved having the Haven pool area as there was quite a few bad days at sea.  Have a great time