Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

43 minutes ago, Grammymongi said:

My point exactly. I may call and ask for a manager 

I certainly would do so.  As I've mentioned before, when my TA contacted NCL about a price drop, she was told by NCL that there wasn't a price drop because my category was sold out.  I had her go back to NCL and point out that their webite showed that category as available.  We got the price drop.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, stephuney said:

Clarifying question ... I have seen several posts where ppl talk about multiple bids for different cabin types.  Is that possible?  Am I reading right?  So, I can put in a bid for various cabin upgrades?

I'm not reading this monstrosity of a thread, but I too am waiting on a bid. Yes, I have bids on four different categories. They take all bids, and only one will be accepted, if and when hell freezes over. 🤣

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, stephuney said:

Clarifying question ... I have seen several posts where ppl talk about multiple bids for different cabin types.  Is that possible?  Am I reading right?  So, I can put in a bid for various cabin upgrades?

When they open up to bidding on your cruise, NCL will message you.

There will be a listing of various cabins on which they are allowing you to bid.

The higher each one is above your booked cabin class, the more money will be required to bid.

There is also a bidding range for each class offered.

You may bid on as many of those listed as you like.

Note that the prices shown are pp - all bids are actually double the amount indicated (bid upgrades are based on two passengers.

• Thanks 2

A few days ago my wife told me that she saw on FB that some people on our sailing in April had already received an upgrade advantage email.

I looked for a couple of days and didn't receive anything. I even looked in my spam folder. Nothing.

I just thought we weren't getting an offer to bid as I've read sometimes happens.

Yesterday, my daughter (who's sailing with us in April) was on the NCL app looking at the new American Diner menu and clicked on room upgrades and saw that we had availability to bid.

This is good news as I had a successful attempt this past July on Joy and it was a good experience. 

I've now entered a couple of bids and I'll wait patiently to see how it goes.

My point is that if you don't receive an email and your interested in bidding for an upgrade, you might want to manually look and see if it's available for you.

106 Days!!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bkrickles1 said:

A few days ago my wife told me that she saw on FB that some people on our sailing in April had already received an upgrade advantage email.

I looked for a couple of days and didn't receive anything. I even looked in my spam folder. Nothing.

I just thought we weren't getting an offer to bid as I've read sometimes happens.

Yesterday, my daughter (who's sailing with us in April) was on the NCL app looking at the new American Diner menu and clicked on room upgrades and saw that we had availability to bid.

This is good news as I had a successful attempt this past July on Joy and it was a good experience. 

My point is that if you don't receive an email and your interested in bidding for an upgrade, you might want to manually look and see if it's available for you.

106 Days!!

@bkrickles1  earlier in this thread someone posted a link to a web page you could go check for bid opportunity if you didn't get an email yet or see it in your account.

if anyone is interested they can go search the thread … if they have oodles of time.

Edited by ColdCruise
  • Like 1

On 1/4/2024 at 5:57 AM, bkrickles1 said:

106 Days!!

I'm booked for POA on 1/13 and just booked an inside cabin a few days ago. Just got an invite to bid on an upgrade via email however when I go on the app, it doesn't find my reservation when I enter it manually under the room upgrade tab. You may have to play around with the app, the website, your email, etc.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2023 at 10:19 AM, always-on-travel said:

Hello,

i cruise on Epic 31th December from Port Canaveral, at the moment i don't received any invite to bid for an upgrade. I travel alone in a solo cabin. It's possibile solo cabin can't bit for upgrade?

I know you already took your cruise but I'm posting in case someone in the future has the same question. 

I'm booked on a solo guarantee cabin on POA for 1/13. I got invited to bid today. The cruise from what I could see is sold out but I did get the invite today for an oceanview and for a balcony. Min for OV was $50 (but it's based off double occupancy so $100) and min for BAL was $100 (so $200). I bid on both but I do not expect anything. Every time I've bid on NCL they have always been rejected. Come to think of it whenever I've met people who on my sailing who have been bid, they have been rejected too. I always bid in the "poor" section :0

3 hours ago, UnbridledEnthusiasm said:

I know you already took your cruise but I'm posting in case someone in the future has the same question. 

I'm booked on a solo guarantee cabin on POA for 1/13. I got invited to bid today. The cruise from what I could see is sold out but I did get the invite today for an oceanview and for a balcony. Min for OV was $50 (but it's based off double occupancy so $100) and min for BAL was $100 (so $200). I bid on both but I do not expect anything. Every time I've bid on NCL they have always been rejected. Come to think of it whenever I've met people who on my sailing who have been bid, they have been rejected too. I always bid in the "poor" section :0

If there's a way to help you not be a successful bidder, it's to bid the lower amounts.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

I had a bid to balcony from porthole oceanview accepted on my March 8 sailing from Cape Town a couple of days ago. The bid was right on the border between "fair" and "good".

I suspect I could have bid less and still got it, but my reasoning was that I had set a total I was prepared to pay for a balcony. Needless to say that amount was WAY below the actual price for a solo traveller!  A couple of weeks ago when solo supplement was dropped on the lowest categories I upgraded my really bad deck 4 solo inside to a porthole oceanview AND got a refund because of lower price (my PCC fixed this). That refund and a little bit more became my upgrade bid.

I would have been perfectly happy in my deck 5 oceanview, but the balcony will make this into pure luxury! And only €150 over the original price for my lousy deck 4 forward inside only few weeks ago. 

(The cruise has been sold out for a week or two, so what's going on now is handling a cancellation now and then and moving people between categories.)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I booked an inside guarantee for my 12-day March 20 sailing on Sky out of La Romana.  I was eventually assigned a cabin on the aft of deck 9. The minimum bid was $250/person for a balcony. I wasn't going to bid because I thought $500 was a lot, but I ended up bidding the minimum anyway. I was notified that I received my upgrade today on deck 10 below the aerobics studio.

• Like 1

If you upgrade from an oceanview to balcony, do your free at sea offerings change? For example, I believe on a 7 night cruise, oceanview and below get one speciality dinner and balcony and above get two. 

24 minutes ago, grossguy said:

If you upgrade from an oceanview to balcony, do your free at sea offerings change? For example, I believe on a 7 night cruise, oceanview and below get one speciality dinner and balcony and above get two. 

It has been reported here that you do get an extra dinner. It doesn't look like it on my reservation/eDocs. I will know for sure when I actually check in at the terminal March 8.

4 hours ago, Asawi said:

It has been reported here that you do get an extra dinner. It doesn't look like it on my reservation/eDocs. I will know for sure when I actually check in at the terminal March 8.

I won an upgrade bid from an inside cabin to a club balcony this past July on Joy and my FAS perks were not changed. My wife and I still only had 1 specialty meal each. 

That's the policy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bkrickles1 said:

I won an upgrade bid from an inside cabin to a club balcony this past July on Joy and my FAS perks were not changed. My wife and I still only had 1 specialty meal each. 

That's the policy. 

That’s a nice upgrade! Congrats!