Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

On 10/12/2023 at 5:05 PM, caitlynambrai said:

No upgrade yet, but the prices for the cabin I want went below my bid, so I went and lowered my bid. I'm closely monitoring how many of these cabins are left in hopes that I can simply upgrade if it looks like they will sell out. 

Honestly, if the price drops below your bid I would just book the upgrade outright to insure that you get it. You know you are already saving money compared to what you were willing to pay so why chance losing the room class you want? 

• Like 6

🍾🥳 Just got the upgrade confirmation for our 12 day cruise on the Epic (starting in Trieste) on Friday. I had booked an inside cabin super cheap in April with 200€ off from a promo. Now we are in an aft balcony on deck 13 for 150€ more per person. Never been in an aft balcony before, I hope we‘ll love it. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, 23words said:

🍾🥳 Just got the upgrade confirmation for our 12 day cruise on the Epic (starting in Trieste) on Friday. I had booked an inside cabin super cheap in April with 200€ off from a promo. Now we are in an aft balcony on deck 13 for 150€ more per person. Never been in an aft balcony before, I hope we‘ll love it. 

Wonderful! Have a great cruise. It is a lovely room

On 10/11/2023 at 6:44 AM, mscdivina2016 said:

That's what a good lawyer is good for.  Would have ended up with up some FCC.

There is a contract involved. You cannot back out, they cannot either. 

Well, there are good lawyers and there are cheap lawyers.  I don't believe that there are any good, cheap lawyers.  How much FCC does it take to offset the cost of a good lawyer?  Have you actually sued a cruise line over a bungled upgrade bid in the past?  Please tell us how that all works.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, 23words said:

When you bid was it for a balcony in general or specifically an aft balcony?

On 10/17/2023 at 6:18 AM, Ashlynkat said:

Honestly, if the price drops below your bid I would just book the upgrade outright to insure that you get it. You know you are already saving money compared to what you were willing to pay so why chance losing the room class you want? 

That’s what I did

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jpepin92 said:

When you bid was it for a balcony in general or specifically an aft balcony?

You can only bid on the general category. I had bids on regular balcony, club balcony, spa balcony and club spa balcony – my bid for the first one was accepted!

• Thanks 2

It's probably been brought up by others, but in general, if there's a better room you'd like, and you're in the days past final payment so pricing has come down, give them a call and ask what it would cost to get the nicer room outright. Sometimes it's less than the lowest bid pricing!

There is a caveat- NCL won't let you upgrade to a room that's less than the price of the room you already paid for. So if you're in a standard balcony room that you paid $3k for, and the pricing for a Haven room dropped to $2800, they won't let you upgrade to it, even if you tell them to keep the extra $200. The room you're upgrading to has to cost more, even by a tiny bit, than your original room.

Overall I don't think the bid process is a good idea but, 23words got a phenomenal upgrade through bidding! And by getting the Haven Aft (stayed there, it's a wonderful room!) they even avoid the dreaded Epic bathroom configuration that polarizes people so much.

Edited by mikejacoubowsky
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, mikejacoubowsky said:

Overall I don't think the bid process is a good idea but, 23words got a phenomenal upgrade through bidding! And by getting the Haven Aft

7 hours ago, 23words said:

I had bids on regular balcony, club balcony, spa balcony and club spa balcony – my bid for the first one was accepted!

I'm a little confused.  Mike said Haven Aft.  23words just said a regular balcony bid was accepted and that he is in an aft balcony, but never said suite or Haven. 

5 hours ago, itsnotjustme said:

I'm a little confused.  Mike said Haven Aft.  23words just said a regular balcony bid was accepted and that he is in an aft balcony, but never said suite or Haven. 

Oh I wish it was the Haven, but no - it’s a regular aft balcony. I am afraid they don’t hand out Haven upgrades for 150€ pp. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On the 12 day Epic cruise on 11/8 from Rome to Tel Aviv, that was changed to Athens. Cruise not listed for sale, so couldn't get availability. We are in B1, Aft balcony. Min bid to Haven Aft Penthouse Balcony is $700 pp, $1,400 total. Bid a little more.

Called my NCL TA about other stuff and asked about buying the upgrade. He said $1,300 and I said "Done". He offered a bunch of different cabins, so not full at all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/23/2023 at 5:13 PM, 23words said:

Good for you! 💃 Enjoy aft cabins are great, we just bid on an aft Haven balcony for February. Not accepted yet but okay if it’s not as we booked a large balcony.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, richmke said:

On the 12 day Epic cruise on 11/8 from Rome to Tel Aviv, that was changed to Athens. Cruise not listed for sale, so couldn't get availability. We are in B1, Aft balcony. Min bid to Haven Aft Penthouse Balcony is $700 pp, $1,400 total. Bid a little more.

Called my NCL TA about other stuff and asked about buying the upgrade. He said $1,300 and I said "Done". He offered a bunch of different cabins, so not full at all.

Interesting,,,,I called my NCL TA to find out the price difference between my large balcony and a Haven Aft and she said she can't give me a price for the Haven upgrade because it's in the Upgrade Advantage status. I did bid on the Haven but was wondering what the price difference was to potentially just upgrade instead of waiting for my really low bid to get declined. LOL 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Grammymongi said:

Interesting,,,,I called my NCL TA to find out the price difference between my large balcony and a Haven Aft and she said she can't give me a price for the Haven upgrade because it's in the Upgrade Advantage status. I did bid on the Haven but was wondering what the price difference was to potentially just upgrade instead of waiting for my really low bid to get declined. LOL 

Just do a mock booking, that will get you pretty close on the price difference

4 hours ago, Grammymongi said:

I did it last night, so I would call again, and talk to any cruise consultant. See if you get a different answer. Maybe the "upgrade advantage status" started this morning.

I'm sailing on the VIVA in December. We only recently decided to purchase spa passes, but then realized it would be cheaper to bid on a spa balcony so we did that.(With the backup plan of buying spa passes later if we didn't get the upgrade) Now I'm seeing that NCL is doing away with the spa balcony rooms that include thermal spa access. If I go to my upgrade advantage page the option of bidding on a spa balcony is still there, with access to the thermal spa listed as a perk, but spa balcony rooms are not listed on the VIVA anymore.

I'm wondering if anyone was upgraded to a spa balcony, on any ship/sailing, and if so did you get spa access or not?

4 minutes ago, pantherpaw said:

I'm sailing on the VIVA in December. We only recently decided to purchase spa passes, but then realized it would be cheaper to bid on a spa balcony so we did that.(With the backup plan of buying spa passes later if we didn't get the upgrade) Now I'm seeing that NCL is doing away with the spa balcony rooms that include thermal spa access. If I go to my upgrade advantage page the option of bidding on a spa balcony is still there, with access to the thermal spa listed as a perk, but spa balcony rooms are not listed on the VIVA anymore.

I'm wondering if anyone was upgraded to a spa balcony, on any ship/sailing, and if so did you get spa access or not?

The spa rooms will maintain spa access through Dec. 31st of this year so that's why it is listed for you.

For those cruising on/after Jan. 1st, if they booked a spa room, they'll still have spa access. New reservations will not.

• Like 2