Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

On 10/17/2023 at 6:18 AM, Ashlynkat said:

Honestly, if the price drops below your bid I would just book the upgrade outright to insure that you get it. You know you are already saving money compared to what you were willing to pay so why chance losing the room class you want? 

I tried to upgrade to the Haven outright and cancel my upgrade request this last week and this week. Both times I was told the Haven was sold out and I said I am doing a booking right now it says there are 3 aft cabin  balconies available on the Haven. They said it was an error. I just looked again today and they are still available. Very frustrating.

50 minutes ago, Grammymongi said:

I tried to upgrade to the Haven outright and cancel my upgrade request this last week and this week. Both times I was told the Haven was sold out and I said I am doing a booking right now it says there are 3 aft cabin  balconies available on the Haven. They said it was an error. I just looked again today and they are still available. Very frustrating.

When my TA contacted NCL about a price drop, she was told the cabins were sold out.

My TA said, if they're sold out, why are you still advertiseing them on your website.

I got the price drop.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Cruising this Saturday on NCL Joy in inside cabin. Put in 3 bids about 2 weeks ago for OV, Balcony and Club Balcony, I put in enough to be an OK range but not above what it was selling for at the time.

I guess my best bet is to wait until the day of or should I contact my TA to see if I can pay for an upgrade? All rooms look to be sold out and it's 4 days to go. 

4 hours ago, Crimsonglory13 said:

Cruising this Saturday on NCL Joy in inside cabin. Put in 3 bids about 2 weeks ago for OV, Balcony and Club Balcony, I put in enough to be an OK range but not above what it was selling for at the time.

I guess my best bet is to wait until the day of or should I contact my TA to see if I can pay for an upgrade? All rooms look to be sold out and it's 4 days to go. 

I think you are SOL, since it appears the opportunity for paying for the upgrade are gone.  But I am sure you will still have an amazing time.

13 hours ago, Crimsonglory13 said:

Good luck! I tried three times to upgrade and they keep telling me the Haven is sold out. However when I do a fake booking there are plenty of rooms. 

• Like 1

December 2, 2023 Sailing of NCL Escape from Port Canaveral $100 pp oceanview to B4 balcony. Accepted.

Question for the group-- my credit card was charged $12 in addition to the $200 bid (I guess works out to 6% of bid) for a total of $212 for the upgrade.  Is this tax? I have received upgrades before without paying any tax.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, egurbi said:

December 2, 2023 Sailing of NCL Escape from Port Canaveral $100 pp oceanview to B4 balcony. Accepted.

Question for the group-- my credit card was charged $12 in addition to the $200 bid (I guess works out to 6% of bid) for a total of $212 for the upgrade.  Is this tax? I have received upgrades before without paying any tax.

Do you have insurance through NCL? Cost of insurance increases when the value of the trip increases.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Shidah said:

I think you are SOL, since it appears the opportunity for paying for the upgrade are gone.  But I am sure you will still have an amazing time.

So I tried calling my TA who contacted NCL about paying for an upgrade. Apparently right now they have balconies available, but they are currently less than what I paid for the interior, so they can't upgrade? Yet online it shows nothing available. I guess I'll wait and see if the bid goes through then. The TA also said we could try upon arrival to see if we can switch then if there's still availability. They also mentioned they were surprised we didn't have an assigned room by now. 

I'm new to all of this, so trying to figure it all out. 

Edited by Crimsonglory13

• NCL Breakaway NYC to MSY 11/28 to 12/12

Just received an upgrade which is weird as spa cabins were showing to be sold out.  Started with a balcony guarantee. Was assigned a BA almost immediately. I had bids for haven cabins but decided I had no chance so cancelled all the Haven bids and did one for a spa cabin.  The thermal spa package was $379/pp. I bid $345 pp for the spa cabin “upgrade” and saw the charge this afternoon. So we saved $60 ish for “thermal spa” access.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, always-on-travel said:

Hello,

i cruise on Epic 31th December from Port Canaveral, at the moment i don't received any invite to bid for an upgrade. I travel alone in a solo cabin. It's possibile solo cabin can't bit for upgrade?

If you booked through a travel agent or big box company, they might not participate in the upgrade program.   However, if you did not receive an e-mail, I would go on the NCL app and pull up your reservation and click on the box where it says upgrade then fill in your name and reservation number.

14 hours ago, vacation44 said:

If you booked through a travel agent or big box company, they might not participate in the upgrade program.   However, if you did not receive an e-mail, I would go on the NCL app and pull up your reservation and click on the box where it says upgrade then fill in your name and reservation number.

I ask customer care of NCL, the problem is i need to pay in full the cruise to be able to bid upgrade.
So after i make the final payment i will receive the email for upgrade.

On 11/10/2023 at 10:19 AM, always-on-travel said:

Hello,

i cruise on Epic 31th December from Port Canaveral, at the moment i don't received any invite to bid for an upgrade. I travel alone in a solo cabin. It's possibile solo cabin can't bit for upgrade?

Im booked in a solo cabin and received an upgrade bid for ocean view window and balcony.

On 11/8/2023 at 8:20 AM, Grammymongi said:

Good luck! I tried three times to upgrade and they keep telling me the Haven is sold out. However when I do a fake booking there are plenty of rooms. 

That is strange, sometimes what is on the NCL website is not correct but usually its corrected in a day or two. If you still see those cabins available I would call again

2 hours ago, Laszlo said:

That is strange, sometimes what is on the NCL website is not correct but usually its corrected in a day or two. If you still see those cabins available I would call again

I concur.  NCL's WEB site will many times not allow booking any cabin that it shows as available.  I contact my TA and she says that means it's booked or unavailable because it's sold out, regardless of what the WEB site shows.  So, best to call your PCC or TA and get more accurate availability.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

I concur.  NCL's WEB site will many times not allow booking any cabin that it shows as available.  I contact my TA and she says that means it's booked or unavailable because it's sold out, regardless of what the WEB site shows.  So, best to call your PCC or TA and get more accurate availability.

I have given up. I talked to my personal Norwegian cruise consultant again and she keeps assuring me I can’t upgrade outright to the Haven because it’s sold out. I’ll just keep my bids in and see what happens. Thanks all!!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Grammymongi said:

I have given up. I talked to my personal Norwegian cruise consultant again and she keeps assuring me I can’t upgrade outright to the Haven because it’s sold out. I’ll just keep my bids in and see what happens. Thanks all!!

Sounds sold out.  I don’t think bidding matters unless there are “no shows” at the last minute on embarkation day.

Doesn’t hurt to keep your bids.  No harm, no foul!

31 minutes ago, Grammymongi said:

What is your sail date and ship?

37 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Sounds sold out.  I don’t think bidding matters unless there are “no shows” at the last minute on embarkation day.

Doesn’t hurt to keep your bids.  No harm, no foul!

Yikes! Can’t imagine paying thousands of dollars and being a no show.