Celebrity vs Princess

swjumbo

Having just gotten off B2B cruises in a Sky Suite on Celebrity Apex, I can say, without question, NO...

Celebrity has a gourmet restaurant, Luminae, reserved just for suite guests with a completely different menu than the MDR and with incredible levels of service.  Princess has "Club Class"--a cordoned off section of the MDR with minor additions to the standard MDR menus...it's not close.  OTOH, it IS better service than one gets in non-suite categories on Princess.  Celebrity has a special lounge, the "Retreat", for suite guests...and a special pool deck as well...with, on Apex, a bar in each...princess has nothing like this.

On Princess, you get all the standard traditional reasons for getting a suite--like bigger room and more space...but the amenities don't equal Celebrity's.  Basically, don't try to compare...get a Princess suite if you want the suite and you think the price is worth it.

4 hours ago, swjumbo said:

Are the suite benefits with Princess as good as with Celebrity? 
Also, do they (Princess) offer up bidding beforehand?

No bidding on Princess.

Other than the concierge lounge on royal class ships there are no areas of the ship that are exclusive to full suite passengers. There is a very special breakfast each morning served in one of the specialty restaurants, and for dinner each day and lunch on sea days full suite passengers can dine in the club class section of the DR. It's walk in anytime it's open, seating is usually very prompt, menu is the same as the MDR except there is normally one additional menu item for dinner. Princess is not really class separated like Celebrity.

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships/PrincessSuite_eFlyer.pdf 

• Like 1

I don't book suit cabins,  only mini suite level on either Princess or Celebrity.   Since not in a suit - I prefer Princess over Celebrity, we are elite on both lines.  Stopped going on Celebrity about 5+ years ago, was not impressed with BLUE the specialty restaurant at the time on X,    We do enjoy the Crown Grill on Princess.   The title of this thread is Princess vs Celebrity, so decided to comment even though we do not do suit cabins. 

We did one suite cruise with Celebrity - it was nice - they gave a special bar room Michaels that is used by suite guests.  

Pricing:  Princess is a lot less than Celebrity.  

Since we only go out of LA - we can only use Princess - Celebrity currently not using LA

IMO, Princess ranks last on its suite perks and special treatment of suite passengers. I am a fan of Princess we are Platinum on Princess and Elite on Celebrity. The Suite accommodations (cabins) on Princess are awesome. We favor the large forward (S5) suites for the layout and 2 bathrooms. The dining on both is wonderful with Celebrity edging out because of actual table side dining available and immersive dining experiences like le Petite Chef. Celebrity features actual lounges and special areas for suite passengers and of course one of my favorites, the wonderful Butler(s). When we really want the “Sweet” Suite treatment we head for the Haven on NCL which beats them both 🥰

I sail both regularly, usually in mini suites.  An S class mini suite on X is roughly the same room as a mini suite on Princess - about all Princess does better on that is storage, Princess closets are nicer than the storage X has.  

Mini suites on X get full suite perks - separate restaurant that has some Michelin restaurant type touches, a private lounge and, on some ships, a private sundeck.

A regular Princess mini suite gives you the bigger room, and a bathtub.  If you go Club Class, you do get the Club Class dining, which is nice, but not the same.

On the other hand, a Club Class mini is usually less money.  I happened to price Panama Canal on both - X is almost twice as much.

When we sail Princess we book Club Class Minisuite.  When we sail on Celebrity we book Aqua Class.  Yes both have more perks with Suites, but to be honest, my wife and I don't feel that they are worth the extra price. 

Just an opinion. 

Hands down, Celebrity wins here. They treat their suite guests like royalty. You feel so special on X that it’s on a whole different level. And being Elite on Princess there isn’t much extra I get being in a suite. But I enjoy being in a suite on Princess  too.  Don’t compare them, just enjoy each for what it offers. 

On 9/2/2021 at 2:49 AM, abbydancer said:

I sail both regularly, usually in mini suites.  An S class mini suite on X is roughly the same room as a mini suite on Princess - about all Princess does better on that is storage, Princess closets are nicer than the storage X has.  

Mini suites on X get full suite perks - separate restaurant that has some Michelin restaurant type touches, a private lounge and, on some ships, a private sundeck.

A regular Princess mini suite gives you the bigger room, and a bathtub.  If you go Club Class, you do get the Club Class dining, which is nice, but not the same.

On the other hand, a Club Class mini is usually less money.  I happened to price Panama Canal on both - X is almost twice as much.

Which proves the old rule - you get what you pay for.

• Like 2