Caribbean 2021/22

lolabarola

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Have you seen the new thread on cancelled cruises Jean? I know you have one in April 2022 on Aurora but I don't know when. 

Avril

It is a very old notice as Wowzz has said.  Aurora had the 40 night Caribbean one put on for 20th February after that and it has not been cancelled.  That other thread has been reported as old news, so should hopefully be removed soon.

Edited by tring
  • Like 1

I have just been reading over on the Celebrity Board that their 12 night Southern Caribbean cruise, due to depart from the US tomorrow 5 September has, of last week had to cancel their calls to Barbados and Greneda.  I suppose a lot can happen in a few months but I don' t feel this bodes well for P & O's Caribbean season this winter.

4 hours ago, Marmaduke said:

I have just been reading over on the Celebrity Board that their 12 night Southern Caribbean cruise, due to depart from the US tomorrow 5 September has, of last week had to cancel their calls to Barbados and Greneda.  I suppose a lot can happen in a few months but I don' t feel this bodes well for P & O's Caribbean season this winter.

I read that the islands are now asking for full vaccination of passengers and crew hence the cancellation 

51 minutes ago, Bazrat said:

I read that the islands are now asking for full vaccination of passengers and crew hence the cancellation 

Which bodes well for P&O cruises as all passengers and crew will be fully vaccinated by the time P&O are cruising there. Perhaps that is the reason for the delay in letting people know details.

• Like 1

Still very undecided whether to reschedule. I‘ve been studying the shore excursions, these currently being the only way to get ashore….prices are same as previously and the only departure time shows as 9am. Obviously this can’t work; huge numbers of passengers going ashore and a finite number of coaches and mini-buses would make it chaotic to say the least. But any idea how it’ll be managed? Do you think P&O will fall in line with some other lines and allow independent tours etc? Or add additional departure times/excursions??

14 hours ago, daiB said:

Which bodes well for P&O cruises as all passengers and crew will be fully vaccinated by the time P&O are cruising there. Perhaps that is the reason for the delay in letting people know details.

Will children be fully vaccinated 🤔

6 hours ago, lolabarola said:

Still very undecided whether to reschedule. I‘ve been studying the shore excursions, these currently being the only way to get ashore….prices are same as previously and the only departure time shows as 9am. Obviously this can’t work; huge numbers of passengers going ashore and a finite number of coaches and mini-buses would make it chaotic to say the least. But any idea how it’ll be managed? Do you think P&O will fall in line with some other lines and allow independent tours etc? Or add additional departure times/excursions??

We are booked on the 6 November and have booked excursions - we did have a choice of times for the ones we have booked. It is all still uncertain re flights - still not showing, and covid protocols at each of the ports of call.

On 9/5/2021 at 3:41 PM, Shipsareus said:

We are booked on the 6 November and have booked excursions - we did have a choice of times for the ones we have booked. It is all still uncertain re flights - still not showing, and covid protocols at each of the ports of call.

We are on the TA in October and our flights have been added now, obviously you cannot book seats till 14 days before

On 9/5/2021 at 9:32 AM, lolabarola said:

Some of the Caribbean islands are now asking for the passengers and crew to be fully vaccinated, so you will probably see there will be more changes

30 minutes ago, JJ51 said:

we are on Britannia in the Caribbean on 19th of November, does anyone know if we can get off the ship independently if we are double jabbed  as the wife's only interested in the beaches🤣

No one knows yet, although it has been reported that P&O are to make a statement about their protocols this week. But whatever you do don't hold your breath.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JJ51 said:

we are on Britannia in the Caribbean on 19th of November, does anyone know if we can get off the ship independently if we are double jabbed  as the wife's only interested in the beaches🤣

We are on the 22nd TA and hopefully we can, but we try to stay positive still will have a great cruise

• Like 1