Jim_Iain - 9/5 and 9/17 Equinox B2B - Come along for a Live Blog

Jim_Iain

The retreat host are Jonathan and Yuliia.     Our Butler is Glenn and he has been wonderful so far.   I'm a techie and he helped me install my Roku's on both TV's.    We usually don't do much streaming but I have a Plex server on my PC and we bring lots of TV shows and Movies with us.

Someone asked earlier how we got from Embassy Suites to the Port.    I compared Uber and Lyft again and this time we took Lyft.     Great driver and we gave him a $5 tip almost as much as the fare.    We chose the one with 10 minute waiting time but he was there in about 3 minutes.

IMG_1144.PNG.8a83609823f16a8b10fe49cd62b834aa.PNG   

IMG_1145.PNG

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, runnerandme said:

Jim, Glenn is the best.  He went above and beyond for us ! Miss the ship already. Have a ton of fun. I will follow along……

I can tell already he will really be good.   We are already feeling pampered.

4 hours ago, MartinsCruise said:

We are still up for the golf cart race.  😄

Bon Voyage!  I'll happily be watching sail away knowing that we'll be on the next time it leaves FLL.

We may just to have a scavenger hunt on the island.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

YES.

The characters evolve, and are the same along the series. I'm eagerly waiting for #53. The first is "Naked in Death".

Nora Roberts = J.D. Robb

Sounds like my type of series.    That's what i loved about the Guideon Oliver series.

• Like 1

What's incredible about all those that had not done the Safety Drill.    When you walk into your room this is on your TV.    It takes less then 5 minutes and then you just drop by your muster station and the give you a 1-2 minute refresher on the lifejackets.

IMG_1146.jpg.1b60006831298d18061a4a06ed2c63fc.jpg

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Doug used to have MGB's and we would go on road rallies in our younger years.  Those were a lot of fun but we would sometimes end up getting lost.  For better or worse he has moved on to Corvettes.  This may help with racing. lol

Internet is really doing well just before departure.   Not sure why we were late I couldn't hear the Captain from our deck.

These are the new toiletries in our suite.   We will have to research them together.   

IMG_1168.jpg.c7ace9b684ee1cbfdc55f8416ee63c2f.jpg

IMG_1169.jpg.898061f0e92b2486577e6fe53e96a604.jpg

IMG_1170.jpg.07f8fef5d0cb0b8e0f17d6a5b210eea9.jpg

• Like 1

The driver missed the Suite Luggage Drop which is right at the front door.   We just gave them to a regular porter.   

In the picture from the ship the drop off and entrance is right by the where the porters are with carts.

IMG_1165.jpg.b869d9be2db28c11404bd394570a2c00.jpg

1 hour ago, MartinsCruise said:

Do they have another way of tracing those who are possibly at risk because they were close to someone who tested positive or are they just giving up on quarantining? 

Facial recognition.  Even some of the older Revolutionized ships (e.g., Millennium) have the software now.

• Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Give geocaching a try some time.  Good grins.  geocaching.com

Search for any location, and even as a non-member, you'll usually find a bunch of things hidden wherever you look.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks for the information.    I jotted it down and will make sure we enjoy those first couple beaches.   Is it pretty safe to drive a golf cart around.    Iain thinks I'm nuts... but we all knew that already .

We felt very safe on the Southern route.  There was hardly any traffic and a lot of other carts.   The Northern route had more traffic, but I still felt pretty safe.  We drove thru the donkey Sanctuary also.  They come right up to you and follow your cart around.   Interesting experience, and it felt good to give a donation.

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Have you noticed the new Toiletries

Yes, Santal 33 from Le Labo.  To me, manly smell so not sure what the ladies think of it.  My wife brings her own stuff, so it won’t bother her.

Our Butler is Orlando, so guessing we aren’t neighbors on deck 11.

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

The retreat host are Jonathan and Yuliia.     Our Butler is Glenn and he has been wonderful so far.   I'm a techie and he helped me install my Roku's on both TV's.    We usually don't do much streaming but I have a Plex server on my PC and we bring lots of TV shows and Movies with us.

Looking forward to your report.

is Mircea still in the bar in the Retreat? Tell him “Multumesc” - thank you in Romanian, from us! As well to Jonathan and Yulia, they will take good care of you.

Edited by cangelmd