Are Crossword Puzzles Available Again?

twodjs

On our Alaska cruise July 31st, according to Guest Services, due to a glitch from Seattle, they were unable to download crossword puzzles for that cruise. Has anyone on a more recent Alaska cruise found any? 

4 hours ago, baggal said:

There are plenty of soft-cover crossword puzzle books that range from easy to difficult that can be purchased from Amazon, etc. before your cruise. 

Yes, thanks - We know there are plenty of books available, but it was always fun to pick up the daily crossword on HAL cruises. And one less thing to pack.

• Like 2

And how about the New York Times Digest?  It used to be delivered to the room, but I understand the need to save paper, so it was available in a rack at the front desk.  Do they still have that or is it gone for good as another casualty?

1 hour ago, croozer said:

And how about the New York Times Digest?  It used to be delivered to the room, but I understand the need to save paper, so it was available in a rack at the front desk.  Do they still have that or is it gone for good as another casualty?

I sure hope they haven't done away with that too. 

• Like 1

Sadly, they did not have it even last March when we cruised just before the shutdown.  Not anywhere.  We, too, miss it terribly.  It was always fun to read it at breakfast and then work the puzzles, too.  We have puzzles that we print from USA Today to bring.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, croozer said:

I also enjoyed getting the NY Times puzzles (and also sports scores though they were a day late). I don't remember them being on our last HAL cruise and that was in 2019. Maybe they were available for pickup, but I am sure they were not delivered to the cabin.

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

I also enjoyed getting the NY Times puzzles (and also sports scores though they were a day late). I don't remember them being on our last HAL cruise and that was in 2019. Maybe they were available for pickup, but I am sure they were not delivered to the cabin.

My last few cruises on HAL, I inquired at the front desk and was told  the New York Times was available for delivery to the cabin "on request."  I thought that was a great idea to not waste paper for those who just throw it away but still give excellent old-time service to those who value the Digest.

I have read the Times Digest on HAL cruises for years, and in more recent years have worked on the crossword puzzles. This was right up until the end of my last cruise in July, 2019. 

I know I can read the Times Digest on the Navigator, but I can't do the crossword on it. If we can't get the crossword puzzle every morning, I will be very disappointed.