Oasis of the Seas first revenue cruise on September 5th

DJLDRUMS

3 hours ago, Jkaczanowski said:

they went under the bridge about 5:30. I took note because we’re on the 9/26

I wouldn’t go by the time on this sailing.

the time was changed from original to 6pm then 5 pm. This might due to the water level from Ida

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LorraineP said:

Any problems booking shows & times you want?

In general shows are widely available, I just have problem booking shows available for unvax

unfortunately unvax shows are designed for everyone and very limited. So for example, there were only one ice show for everyone, and if vax passengers took up all the slots the unvax are out of luck. Time for unvax shows are also very unfriendly. Since most unvax pax are kids, you would think they will put up earlier shows, but a bunch of them are after 9:30. Too late for my LO.

I'm also onboard this sailing. Unfortunately for me, as someone recently diagnosed with ASD, I'm finding myself rather overwhelmed by confusing/conflicting instructions. (Note that for most people, the instructions are probably just fine. This is my disability affecting me.)

I was told by one person at guest services that the rule about wearing masks "unless seated and actively eating or drinking" meant that I was supposed to remove my mask, take a bit, put the mask back on, chew, swallow, rinse, repeat. With that I went to cancel my dinner reservations because I simply cannot eat like that without my heartrate getting up to 172 bpm (unfortunately alerted as such by my Apple Watch) due to anxiety. [I will say here in this paragraph that this has been resolved and crew members are being appropriately guided toward better instructions.]

I am seeing very few people walking down the Royal Promenade with their masks around their chins or otherwise not even anywhere in sight. One maskless woman was chatting with a crew member, and she was not challenged. I pointed this out to another crew member who was shocked that this had happened. I'm sure that many are people who just didn't think about it because it is new to all of us.

There are certainly going to be bumps in the road, and I'm sure this'll all work out. Unfortunately, for me, maybe it wasn't the best time to come back cruising.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, cnssu123 said:

I wouldn’t go by the time on this sailing.

the time was changed from original to 6pm then 5 pm. This might due to the water level from Ida

Ok, so go with "it takes about 15 minutes from sail away to get to the bridge"

12 hours ago, sixbirches said:

I have a weird question. Do you remember around what time you sailed under the Verrazano? We don’t want to miss it, since this is Oasis!!!  But also trying to plan around dinner.
I should know this since we’ve done this sail away many times, but I’ve  never paid attention to how long it takes since sail away has always been earlier than 5:00.  I’m thinking it’s about an hour to sail to the bridge…. But, maybe a little less?

Thanks!

The stacks passed under the bridge at 5:26. We immediately left and made it to the dining room at 5:30

• Like 2

11 hours ago, DJLDRUMS said:

wingatesl.....how's the MDR waiter and assistant waiter you have. Are the tables spaced apart more, would you say they have more tables to serve ? And how do you find the selections and quality of the food, portions, desserts etc. Or are they the usual menu that rotates among all their ships.  What time did your Compass mention you'll arrive at P C as well as the departure time. If you stay on board tomorrow I'm sure you'll have plenty more questions from interested cruisers looking for your answers.

Arrive at two. All aboard at 7:30. 

it is the typical menu and the normal table layout. I see zero difference in the dining experience really. 

day 3 compasses 

273C86AC-EBB6-4BF1-AD78-95E263FB400B.thumb.jpeg.97622c95f3155ad26e5fa85246696701.jpegC70E58F7-7AC6-4D84-9CC3-A6342211F629.thumb.jpeg.6ae08af24f83ab44a0e5921ba83d2f87.jpeg8B872402-653F-4A95-9504-03F19432C2E1.thumb.jpeg.685f5b0e8a4b32e70920798494d20f15.jpeg16C32938-4EAE-4720-B5CB-C9138A88E932.thumb.jpeg.5ffa801eec1d0139197b50714ee3bbe4.jpeg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, audome78 said:

Ok, so go with "it takes about 15 minutes from sail away to get to the bridge"

I'd say 30 minutes because I watched it from pull away to the bridge... that nywebcam did a nice job with the departure.

Wingatesl ~  With all the precautions you took before you sailed and with the protocols that RCCL has instituted, how secure do you feel that you will be able to stay healthy?  Are you doing/not doing anything specific while onboard?  We sail next week and my heart really wants to celebrate that we are finally cruising again but my mind keeps throwing up roadblocks.

Thanks for all the information you have posted.  I hope that the rest of your week is smooth sailing!

I’ll be on the Oasis on 10/17.  I was wondering if you could ask someone when the Windjammer will start opening for dinner.  On the app, it does show dinner hours.  Thank you for all the news from your cruise and taking the time out of your vacation to post here.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CruisingSince1982 said:

Hi - You said you are with a group of 15, and they did not seat you together for dinner? What is the reason for this? We are a group of 9 on a family vacation. Not eating together would not be an option for us. 

I was a little surprised too. Normally they'll easily put 12 on a large table, if there are children they can squeez 15. We've had a group of 13 and they put us on two tables next to each other with a 7 and an 8. Seating assignments are done in Miami while it should be easy enough with the reduced capacity to change anything with the Maitre'D. Good luck !

• Like 1

1 minute ago, emilysmimi said:

I’ll be on the Oasis on 10/17.  I was wondering if you could ask someone when the Windjammer will start opening for dinner.  On the app, it does show dinner hours.  Thank you for all the news from your cruise and taking the time out of your vacation to post here.

Perhaps for the 10/10 sailing but for the 9/12 sailing they aren't opening for dinner meals. That most likely will change by next month with increased capacity and more staff.

35 minutes ago, ampurp85 said:

They never do tables greater than 10, they always split after that number. That is often the case of some restaurants on land as well. 

Sorry to differ with you ampurp85, we've had groups of 12 at a table. Often times that table is the front table just inside the MDR.