Confused about Check In & Covid Testing

newtocruising56

Thanks Cruiser. Now I wonder how it works with flying.

Our possible Itinerary is Phx to Charlotte to Miami to Panama City and then get on the Ship. That would be a lot of testing if in segments. 
If we got tested a day before we leave home, I wonder if that is good enough for the whole trip?

Plus we are fully Vaccinated.

On 9/10/2021 at 3:54 PM, chefchick said:

I sailed carnival miracle out of seattle 8/17 and a COVID test was required pre boarding (was within 72 hours at the time which is now 48 hours) for fully vaccinated passengers but perhaps it is different in different embarkation ports?  For the Encore this weekend out of seattle, COVID testing will be done at the pier prior to boarding and a secondary test (within 72 hours) is highly recommended.

My only concern with the 48 hours is right now where I live they can't guarantee results in 48 hours.  I would hate to board the plane 24 hours after my PCR test and then pray for negative results received before my boarding time.  We do not have a rapid test available at our local CVS or Walgreens.  I would prefer a PCR but now I am thinking at least a rapid test I would have results on time.  

On 9/7/2021 at 1:46 PM, newtocruising56 said:

We are on the Sept 25th Encore cruise.   Completed online checking, saw no place to register for Eurofins covid test.  Then we got our E Docs, still nothing about registering for test there, nor did we receive any emails.   The check in time I selected was 10:00-10:30, and I did not understand if we are to get the covid test IN that time frame, how to pre-register, etc.so I called NCL and spoke to an agent.  When I told her we hadn't received anything about registering for the covid test she told me that "NO, you don't need to do that--just "show up with your E Docs".   This did NOT seem right to me, because I have heard many mention pre-registrating for covid testing on this forum.  When I tried to question the agent on this she cut me off and told me she was transferring me to NCL Technical Support.   Tech Support agent told me that yes, I should get an email sometime today (Sept 7th).  THEN she went on to say "this is all "new", so if something goes wrong and you don't get an email where you can pre-register for the test, then yes, we SHOULD just "show up", and there will be paperwork to fill out before entering the testing site.

My questions to the forum are:  Is the time we selected that is printed on our EDocs the time we should arrive at the pier, or report for the test?   Also, has anyone else been told what I was told by the NCL agents?  If anyone has shown up for the covid test and had to fill out some sort of paperwork first, how much time should be allowed for that?

I feel nervous about "just showing up" without pre-registering for that test.  Any advise would be appreciated, THANKS!

You have to download the Trust One app. 

41 minutes ago, Krydstosser said:

You have to download the Trust One app. 

Why would a passenger need this app? 

TrustOne is about trust building. TrustOne enables organizations to securely manage, share, and verify healthcare test data, matched with user identities. TrustOne is a one-stop shop for organizations to efficiently manage that their passengers, guests and employees are compliant to their health screening requirements.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/11/2021 at 12:07 PM, The Traveling Man said:

Yes.  You will not be allowed in the cruise terminal unless you are wearing one of the colored wristbands that Eurofins hands out to persons who pass their COVID test on the day of embarkation.

how can you get the pcr results within the day your cruise leaves?

41 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

how can you get the pcr results within the day your cruise leaves?

The PCR test results are sent via email the following day. The antigen test results are available within 15-30 minutes and that is what allows you to get your red wrist band and board the ship.

• 1 month later...

conflicting info about what is needed for cruise out of New york port . anyone on recently know?  one rep said full vax with card and quick test at port was all i needed and another one just told me i needed 48 hour pcr as well.   

no email stating what is exactly required. thanks 

9 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

conflicting info about what is needed for cruise out of New york port . anyone on recently know?  one rep said full vax with card and quick test at port was all i needed and another one just told me i needed 48 hour pcr as well.   

no email stating what is exactly required. thanks 

Depends when and where you are sailing. Testing requirements change mid January. After mid-January, you must test yourself within 2 days of sailing. Before that, it is 96 hours if you want support from NCL should you fail testing at checkin. 
https://www.ncl.com/sail-safe

If you are going to Bermuda, there’s extra testing and registration requirements with Bermuda. 
https://www.ncl.com/travel-requirements-by-country

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Depends when and where you are sailing. Testing requirements change mid January. After mid-January, you must test yourself within 2 days of sailing. Before that, it is 96 hours if you want support from NCL should you fail testing at checkin. 
https://www.ncl.com/sail-safe

If you are going to Bermuda, there’s extra testing and registration requirements with Bermuda. 

that may be it pcr needed for bermuda thx mate .     new york -bermuda dec 9th 

1 hour ago, seaman11 said:

Not only do you need the PCR test taken no earlier than 96 hours before departure for Bermuda,  you have to apply for and obtain a Bermuda Travel Authorization ($75 cost) . Here's the entire process for cruise passengers, subject to change of course:

https://www.gov.bm/cruise-travel-authorisation

• Like 1

On 11/24/2021 at 4:03 PM, seaman11 said:

Please refer to the cruise-specific information sent to you from NCL. Have a great cruise!

General Information on NCL Cruises to Bermuda. Do not rely on this information, use the information sent from NCL to you directly. In the recent past, people who have failed to register with the Bermuda government and were unable to do so at the terminal have been denied boarding. 

Bermuda Cruise Protocols

Bermuda Travel Requirements

Country Requirements

• Bermuda requires that all guests take a COVID-19 PCR test within 96-hours prior to their sail date.
  • All guests must register on the Bermuda Tourism website and upload their negative test result within 72-hours of embarkation. The registration form can be found here. A travel authorization number will be issued by Bermuda once approved.
    • Guests can start the travel authorization process up to 1 week before their sailing. Guests may enter their personal data even prior to receiving the COVID-19 PCR test results. If you start the travel authorization process but don't have PCR test results yet, you will receive email reminders to complete the application. The upload of the PCR test results should occur at same time as the upload of proof of vaccination. Do not upload one without the other, as the application will be rejected.
    • A travel authorization number will be issued by Bermuda once approved.
    • If you have any issues with the process, please contact:
      • Bermuda Tourism Authority: 1.833.570.2594 (toll-free)
      • Norwegian Cruise Line: 1.800.327.7030
  • In addition to the COVID-19 antigen test upon arrival at the cruise terminal, every guest will have a PCR swab taken that will be sent to a lab separately and results processed in the following day as part of the Bermuda pre-arrival requirements.
  • All guests staying onboard for more than one voyage must take a COVID-19 PCR test, submit another travel authorization application and receive a new travel authorization number for the 2nd voyage. A PCR test will be conducted onboard through our medical center. Guests will also undergo the pre-embarkation COVID-19 testing process prior to the start of the 2nd voyage.

Bermuda Testing & Approval Timeline

• STEP 1 - Two Weeks Before Departure:
    Book an appointment for a PCR COVID-19 test for as early in the day as possible on the Wednesday prior to departure. A PCR rapid test will provide the quickest result.
  • STEP 2 - Day 1 - 96 Hours - Wednesday:
    Take your pre-booked PCR COVID-19 test early on this morning; ensure you take a PCR COVID-19 test.
  • STEP 3 - Day 2 - 72 Hours - Thursday:
    Complete the Travel Authorization (TA) application and upload your negative PCR COVID-19 result and vaccination card.
  • STEP 4 - Day 4 - 24 Hours - Saturday:
    Receive your rejected or approved TA. If rejected, this will jeopardize your cruise. Follow the instructions, which can be found in the email sent to you by the Government of Bermuda.
  • STEP 5 - Day 5 - Embarkation Day - Sunday:
    Must have approved TA to board the ship. On this day, we will administer two COVID-19 tests (an antigen test and a PCR nasopharyngeal test) at the same time in the terminal building before boarding the ship.

Bermuda is now working on a revision to its pre-arrival travel protocols that would permit use of an antigen test or PCR test. Since the regulations haven't yet been published they may not come into effect prior to the December 9 cruise but I'd keep an eye out for last minute changes . Hopefully if Bermuda institutes the revisions in time for the December 9 cruise NCL will revise its documentation in a timely manner.

https://www.royalgazette.com/health/news/article/20211126/government-rolls-back-a-raft-of-covid-19-regulations/

https://bernews.com/2021/11/group-increase-antigen-pre-arrival-tests-more/

• Like 2

We are travelling from the UK and departing from Miami, at 21 days we were able to check in but, can’t register for the CVS port test as we do t have a U.S. address/number. 

Check in is now 100% and eDocs have been downloaded so, I’m guessing being an international arrival we can just arrive at the port and be tested without prior registration?

Can anyone confirm from experience as we have not had any comma from NCL around this item. 

thanks

Adam

48 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

Bermuda is now working on a revision to its pre-arrival travel protocols that would permit use of an antigen test or PCR test. Since the regulations haven't yet been published they may not come into effect prior to the December 9 cruise but I'd keep an eye out for last minute changes . Hopefully if Bermuda institutes the revisions in time for the December 9 cruise NCL will revise its documentation in a timely manner.

https://www.royalgazette.com/health/news/article/20211126/government-rolls-back-a-raft-of-covid-19-regulations/

on an unrelated topic and i kinda hate to change the subject, what are the odds of the Norwegian Gem docking in Bermuda for both cruises? the ship is still not currently listed on bermuda cruise ship schedule on http://www.rccbermuda.bm/shipping_button_link.aspx . With the December 9 cruise about 2 weeks from now, it seems strange that it is not on there

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shof515 said:

on an unrelated topic and i kinda hate to change the subject, what are the odds of the Norwegian Gem docking in Bermuda for both cruises? the ship is still not currently listed on bermuda cruise ship schedule on http://www.rccbermuda.bm/shipping_button_link.aspx . With the December 9 cruise about 2 weeks from now, it seems strange that it is not on there

I'm sure that's of no consequence. I can recall there was a visit by the residential ship The World not long ago and that's not listed anywhere either. It looks like they only chose to  publish schedules of the ships that had substantial cruising seasons in Bermuda. Usually they have a single comprehensive port schedule that lists all scheduled cruises for the entire year... here's the schedule published earlier, which includes the Gem in December as well as the visit by The World but you can see that many of the planned cruise cruise calls were cancelled, while it also doesn't list any of the Viking cruises that eventually homeported there.  http://www.marineandports.bm/Documents/Shipping_schedules/2021 Cruise Ship Schedule.pdf

Edited by njhorseman

3 hours ago, R4zb3rry said:

We are travelling from the UK and departing from Miami, at 21 days we were able to check in but, can’t register for the CVS port test as we do t have a U.S. address/number. 

Check in is now 100% and eDocs have been downloaded so, I’m guessing being an international arrival we can just arrive at the port and be tested without prior registration?

Can anyone confirm from experience as we have not had any comma from NCL around this item. 

thanks

Adam

When we cruised from Seattle, there was a separate line for people who had not pre-registered.

In part, it has to do with the differences between US, UK, European and International privacy laws. The US systems are set up to abide by US regulations which are different than UK and International laws and storing personal information into the US systems from an international location may violate your regulations and laws.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, njhorseman said:

Wow another $75 pp fee for just application to bermuda?  This was not mentioned at all by norwegian in emails.  

On 11/25/2021 at 8:08 PM, BirdTravels said:

Please refer to the cruise-specific information sent to you from NCL. Have a great cruise!

General Information on NCL Cruises to Bermuda. Do not rely on this information, use the information sent from NCL to you directly. In the recent past, people who have failed to register with the Bermuda government and were unable to do so at the terminal have been denied boarding. 

Bermuda Cruise Protocols

Country Requirements

• Bermuda requires that all guests take a COVID-19 PCR test within 96-hours prior to their sail date.
  • All guests must register on the Bermuda Tourism website and upload their negative test result within 72-hours of embarkation. The registration form can be found here. A travel authorization number will be issued by Bermuda once approved.
    • Guests can start the travel authorization process up to 1 week before their sailing. Guests may enter their personal data even prior to receiving the COVID-19 PCR test results. If you start the travel authorization process but don't have PCR test results yet, you will receive email reminders to complete the application. The upload of the PCR test results should occur at same time as the upload of proof of vaccination. Do not upload one without the other, as the application will be rejected.
    • A travel authorization number will be issued by Bermuda once approved.
    • If you have any issues with the process, please contact:
      • Bermuda Tourism Authority: 1.833.570.2594 (toll-free)
      • Norwegian Cruise Line: 1.800.327.7030
  • In addition to the COVID-19 antigen test upon arrival at the cruise terminal, every guest will have a PCR swab taken that will be sent to a lab separately and results processed in the following day as part of the Bermuda pre-arrival requirements.
  • All guests staying onboard for more than one voyage must take a COVID-19 PCR test, submit another travel authorization application and receive a new travel authorization number for the 2nd voyage. A PCR test will be conducted onboard through our medical center. Guests will also undergo the pre-embarkation COVID-19 testing process prior to the start of the 2nd voyage.

Bermuda Testing & Approval Timeline

• STEP 1 - Two Weeks Before Departure:
    Book an appointment for a PCR COVID-19 test for as early in the day as possible on the Wednesday prior to departure. A PCR rapid test will provide the quickest result.
  • STEP 2 - Day 1 - 96 Hours - Wednesday:
    Take your pre-booked PCR COVID-19 test early on this morning; ensure you take a PCR COVID-19 test.
  • STEP 3 - Day 2 - 72 Hours - Thursday:
    Complete the Travel Authorization (TA) application and upload your negative PCR COVID-19 result and vaccination card.
  • STEP 4 - Day 4 - 24 Hours - Saturday:
    Receive your rejected or approved TA. If rejected, this will jeopardize your cruise. Follow the instructions, which can be found in the email sent to you by the Government of Bermuda.
  • STEP 5 - Day 5 - Embarkation Day - Sunday:
    Must have approved TA to board the ship. On this day, we will administer two COVID-19 tests (an antigen test and a PCR nasopharyngeal test) at the same time in the terminal building before boarding the ship.

There is no option for the Gem out of NY. I wonder if it will be still in effect ir is it too early?

Screenshot_20211127-150823_Chrome.jpg

15 hours ago, seaman11 said:

Wow another $75 pp fee for just application to bermuda?  This was not mentioned at all by norwegian in emails.  

that 75 dollar fee is normal and was in the emails they sent out to people on the breakaway bermuda cruises a few months ago. This was in the email: All guests must register on the Bermuda Tourism website and upload their negative test result along with their proof of vaccination.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, shof515 said:

that 75 dollar fee is normal and was in the emails they sent out to people on the breakaway bermuda cruises a few months ago. This was in the email: All guests must register on the Bermuda Tourism website and upload their negative test result along with their proof of vaccination.

Yesh im seeing for breakaway and crystal ship but nothing about it for gem.  I did phone up and she said its still in effect so not sure yet . Its added stress imo. If you are fully vaxxed and getting rapid tests in US and there and we arent staying there  it seems overkill and a logistics  timing concern. 

12 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

Yesh im seeing for breakaway and crystal ship but nothing about it for gem.  I did phone up and she said its still in effect so not sure yet . Its added stress imo. If you are fully vaxxed and getting rapid tests in US and there and we arent staying there  it seems overkill and a logistics  timing concern. 

whats even more concerning overall is if the ship can not dock in Bermuda, what is the going to happen to the cruise? Where can the ship go in 5 days? Up north the Canada border is still closed to cruise ships and down south the Bahamas is too far with only a 5 day cruise