NCL's Abysmal Communication

JamieLogical

4 minutes ago, psac said:

Yeah taking the PCR sample at the same time as the antigen test at least makes one thing easier. We’re also interpreting the 72 hour test to JUST be regarding quarantine costs, and not impact any actual sailing costs being returned for a positive test.  Hoping that’s the case!  We’re locals so quarantine costs won’t impact us. 

Yeah. If I was *sure* it was just quarantine/travel costs, then I wouldn't bother. We are driving to NYC. But if we will actually lose our cruise fare as well, that's a big chunk of change. Especially since we are doing a B2B!

Edited by JamieLogical
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JamieLogical said:

Yeah. If I was *sure* it was just quarantine/travel costs, then I wouldn't bother. We are driving to NYC. But if we will actually lose our cruise fare as well, that's a big chunk of change. Especially since we are doing a B2B!

have you figured out yet the testing for your second portion?  Are you getting another PCR in Bermuda??

Just now, psac said:

have you figured out yet the testing for your second portion?  Are you getting another PCR in Bermuda??

My current assumption (yes, I know!) is that NCL will do what Crystal is doing and offer PCR testing onboard for those on a B2B to complete their second Travel Authorization form. NCL is already offering both antigen and PCR testing onboard for passengers who have to fly internationally following the cruise. So I assume we could be lumped in with them and get our PCR testing done that way.

Will NCL offer testing onboard to meet travel requirements for guests flying back to countries that require negative COVID-19 test results to re-enter the country post cruise?

Yes, COVID-19 antigen or PCR tests prior to disembarkation will be administered on board and paid for by the Cruise Line for those guests who require a test to return home. If a PCR test is required for any travel home, the cruise line will administer and pay for a PCR test, only for those guests whose home country specifically requires a PCR test. The PCR test onboard for cruises from Europe will be administered by Eurorfins. The PCR test for US based sailings will be administered by Norwegian Cruise Line’s medical staff.

If a guest has any other travel plans after disembarking the ship, other than returning to their home country, the guest can still request a PCR test onboard, at a fee of $150 per person.

If a guest booked a post-cruise hotel for more than three nights, it is the responsibility of the guest to make their own arrangements to get re-tested at their own expense.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

My current assumption (yes, I know!) is that NCL will do what Crystal is doing and offer PCR testing onboard for those on a B2B to complete their second Travel Authorization form. NCL is already offering both antigen and PCR testing onboard for passengers who have to fly internationally following the cruise. So I assume we could be lumped in with them and get our PCR testing done that way.

Will NCL offer testing onboard to meet travel requirements for guests flying back to countries that require negative COVID-19 test results to re-enter the country post cruise?

Yes, COVID-19 antigen or PCR tests prior to disembarkation will be administered on board and paid for by the Cruise Line for those guests who require a test to return home. If a PCR test is required for any travel home, the cruise line will administer and pay for a PCR test, only for those guests whose home country specifically requires a PCR test. The PCR test onboard for cruises from Europe will be administered by Eurorfins. The PCR test for US based sailings will be administered by Norwegian Cruise Line’s medical staff.

If a guest has any other travel plans after disembarking the ship, other than returning to their home country, the guest can still request a PCR test onboard, at a fee of $150 per person.

If a guest booked a post-cruise hotel for more than three nights, it is the responsibility of the guest to make their own arrangements to get re-tested at their own expense.

Hopefully you don’t have to pay the $150 pp!!

2 minutes ago, psac said:

Hopefully you don’t have to pay the $150 pp!!

On top of another $75 for a second travel authorization? That would be brutal. I guess if that turns out to be the case, I will spend our Wednesday in Bermuda trying to find a free test on shore!

• Like 1

Just now, josephine678 said:

Does health insurance cover the PCR test if its for travel purposes?

Usually only if you have a doctor's order. I know the urgent care near my parents requires you to have a "visit" with one of their doctors or nurse practitioners to get a COVID test for travel. Fortunately, if you have a CVS anywhere in your area, you can get a test for free there with or without insurance. The very first question on their appointment form is:

"Are you seeking a test to prevent possible spread of COVID-19 for future travel, work or recreation (according to CDC guidelines)?"

reading thru that ncl email you need a spreadsheet to keep track of all that info. which we all know will change in a month.  also bermuda even has issues with staffing now

https://www.royalgazette.com/transport/news/article/20210908/hamilton-ferry-ticket-office-shut-because-of-staff-shortage/

so makes me wonder what will even be open. they are also telling people to stay away from the police stations. the schools are a mess. it seems very chaotic. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

reading thru that ncl email you need a spreadsheet to keep track of all that info. which we all know will change in a month.  also bermuda even has issues with staffing now

https://www.royalgazette.com/transport/news/article/20210908/hamilton-ferry-ticket-office-shut-because-of-staff-shortage/

so makes me wonder what will even be open. they are also telling people to stay away from the police stations. the schools are a mess. it seems very chaotic. 

Yeah, I'm fine with all that text, but they really should include a bulleted summary/checklist for those who struggle with the long text.

Two questions:. 1.  What if your medical insurance does not pay CVS?  Would CVS bill you?    2.  For those who have travel insurance and you didn't do the 72 hour antigen test and you tested +at the port, would they cover the cost of the cruise?

9 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

Two questions:. 1.  What if your medical insurance does not pay CVS?  Would CVS bill you?    2.  For those who have travel insurance and you didn't do the 72 hour antigen test and you tested +at the port, would they cover the cost of the cruise?

CVS has a contract with the federal government to provide free testing if insurance doesn't pay/is unavailable.

• Like 2

We are on the 14/day Breakaway, Nov. 7.  Our TA just forwarded..as well as the same email from NCL regarding the protocols for Covid pretesting, etc.  Pretty straightforward.  Bermuda mentioned in there as well, even though we don't go there, and it appears to be pretty strict about that 96 hr. pre-testing for one thing.  I'm sure you are concerned at this timeframe, and hoping this cruise will happen for you.  We have friends booked on there as well!

For those of you who are scheduling with CVS.  When you go to make an appt does it state that the test results will be available with 24 hrs?  My CVS says 1-2 days or longer if lab is backed up.  Im not sure whether to gamble with CVS or just pay the $125 ea to guarantee next day results.  

4 minutes ago, ravenjls said:

For those of you who are scheduling with CVS.  When you go to make an appt does it state that the test results will be available with 24 hrs?  My CVS says 1-2 days or longer if lab is backed up.  Im not sure whether to gamble with CVS or just pay the $125 ea to guarantee next day results.  

When we did our pre-cruise test with CVS on August 25, we got our results via telephone about 15 minutes later. It was super quick. We got verification via our MyChart app on the same day.

Edited by DCGuy64

5 minutes ago, ravenjls said:

PCR tests at CVS take 1-2 days. Last week, my husband and I took tests at two separate locations near us. He got his results in 29 hours and I got mine in 30 hours. If you test first thing Wednesday, as Bermuda recommends, you should have your results in time to upload them to the Bermuda Travel Authorization form by the end of day Friday at the latest. Bermuda claims it takes them "up to 24 hours" to process applications, so you should have your approval before Sunday morning.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

Usually only if you have a doctor's order. I know the urgent care near my parents requires you to have a "visit" with one of their doctors or nurse practitioners to get a COVID test for travel. Fortunately, if you have a CVS anywhere in your area, you can get a test for free there with or without insurance. The very first question on their appointment form is:

"Are you seeking a test to prevent possible spread of COVID-19 for future travel, work or recreation (according to CDC guidelines)?"

I think we’ve been through this before — when I look online for scheduling CVS, it says molecular test (PCR/NAAT).   Did your results explicitly say PCR?

10 hours ago, craig01020 said:

The simple fact is that non-Floridians are more likely to be vaccinated.

Simple fact is the fully vaccinated percentage for Florida is higher than half of the states in the US. 
https://usafacts.org/visualizations/covid-vaccine-tracker-states/

Edited by FLcruisergrl
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

As a Floridian, we don't go to Disney and all those tourist traps. We live here, it's the rest of the people who come here.🙄 

For those that like numbers, it's around 10 percent of FL residents attend the attractions.  It's Disney land that has a greater resident attendance.

Steve

And yet Floridians get the blame and the label, while tons of people flood our state a spread the virus while they go to Disney World or party on South Beach.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, psac said:

I think we’ve been through this before — when I look online for scheduling CVS, it says molecular test (PCR/NAAT).   Did your results explicitly say PCR?

My CVS test clearly says PCR on it. Here's a screenshot of that portion of my results:

image.png.f9e6d02ad2236e31433e28621d17b386.png

• Like 2

On 9/7/2021 at 11:00 AM, bluesea777 said:

Breakaway is now heading to Gibraltar, ETA 7am tomorrow morning, before crossing the pond over to New York (I would say it'll take 9-10 days).

Your estimate of transit time from Gibraltar seemed off to me, so I found: http://ports.com/sea-route/port-of-gibraltar,gibraltar/port-of-new-york,united-states/ 

At 20 knots, 7 days.

7 hours ago, FLcruisergrl said:

Simple fact is the fully vaccinated percentage for Florida is higher than half of the states in the US. 
https://usafacts.org/visualizations/covid-vaccine-tracker-states/

But the states likely to have the bulk of the pax from NYC to BDA all have higher vax rates than Florida.

5 hours ago, CPT Trips said:

Your estimate of transit time from Gibraltar seemed off to me, so I found: http://ports.com/sea-route/port-of-gibraltar,gibraltar/port-of-new-york,united-states/ 

At 20 knots, 7 days.

7 days is normal time. that is how long it takes for the Cunard transatlantic sailings from New York to England that they used to do regularry before covid