Royal up bid from sky class to star class suite: do you get the star class perks?

dleahy4444

I am currently booked in a sky class suite but have bid on a 2 bedroom Aqua theatre suite which is in star class with the royal genie and all the bells and whistles. If I win the bid will I also get the star class amenities that go with the 2 bedroom Aqua theatre suite? Any input would be appreciated. If it goes to come with the star class amenities I probably would cancel the bid. Thanks

3 hours ago, dleahy4444 said:

I am currently booked in a sky class suite but have bid on a 2 bedroom Aqua theatre suite which is in star class with the royal genie and all the bells and whistles. If I win the bid will I also get the star class amenities that go with the 2 bedroom Aqua theatre suite? Any input would be appreciated. If it goes to come with the star class amenities I probably would cancel the bid. Thanks

Yes....you get the perks that come with that class suite.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, dleahy4444 said:

I went from Sky to Star on a bid for the two bedroom Aqua Suite, got all the perks and was the greatest time. Our Genie was wonderful. We were on Symphony of the Seas August 21- 29th. Deck 10. Have fun!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you all for your replies. I’m not very optimistic about winning however. There are none listed for booking on the RCCL website, so maybe they are all sold out. If so, I wonder why I was allowed to bid on it and my bid is still listed as pending. We sail in 11 days so I guess I will find out soon enough!

41 minutes ago, bourbon52 said:

I went from Sky to Star on a bid for the two bedroom Aqua Suite, got all the perks and was the greatest time. Our Genie was wonderful. We were on Symphony of the Seas August 21- 29th. Deck 10. Have fun!!

May I ask what room you started with and if your bid was substantially more than the minimum? We are starting from an owner’s suite which will be perfectly wonderful if we don’t win our bid. We know our bid is weak, but we are hoping that we have shot given the lower capacity. But maybe that works against us. Hard to guess

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

Being able to bid and inventory don't have to be related - you are bidding on a chance to upgrade.

I’m afraid I’m not understanding the distinction. Would it be a chance to upgrade if in fact the room is not available? What am I missing?

16 minutes ago, dleahy4444 said:

Thank you all for your replies. I’m not very optimistic about winning however. There are none listed for booking on the RCCL website, so maybe they are all sold out. If so, I wonder why I was allowed to bid on it and my bid is still listed as pending. We sail in 11 days so I guess I will find out soon enough!

There could be a last minute cancellation by someone in one of them

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dleahy4444 said:

I’m afraid I’m not understanding the distinction. Would it be a chance to upgrade if in fact the room is not available? What am I missing?

RoyalUp is a pyramid scheme.  Even though the room you are bidding on may not CURRENTLY be available, if someone in the category you are bidding on bids on a higher category and moves up, that opens up a room in the category you are bidding on....and then someone below you has a spot available and so on down the line.  The higher your original category, the lower the probability that you will RoyalUp b/c there are fewer and fewer options above you.  But if those higher categories DO move up, the waterfall is felt all the way down to the lowest categories.

2 minutes ago, molly361 said:

There could be a last minute cancellation by someone in one of them

It wouldn’t be very charitable of me to wish that someone has to cancel their cruise… but I wont be too upset if I’m the beneficiary!  Seriously, I am happy with our original suite. Just taking a chance with the bid hoping for a long shot since my husband and I could never afford it otherwise. It would be nice to have the star class for once. Certainly is a first world issue. After the way things have been this last year and a half I am grateful every day 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

RoyalUp is a pyramid scheme.  Even though the room you are bidding on may not CURRENTLY be available, if someone in the category you are bidding on bids on a higher category and moves up, that opens up a room in the category you are bidding on....and then someone below you has a spot available and so on down the line.  The higher your original category, the lower the probability that you will RoyalUp b/c there are fewer and fewer options above you.  But if those higher categories DO move up, the waterfall is felt all the way down to the lowest categories.

Makes sense. 

8 hours ago, dleahy4444 said:

What is the bid range for that?  Jus curious as we are in an OS on the Harmony next January

1 minute ago, molly361 said:

What is the bid range for that?  Jus curious as we are in an OS on the Harmony next January

It was weird. when I first received the email from Royal Up a few weeks ago the minimum was500 pp. We didn't bid at that time.  Last week we decided to throw in a low bid and went directly to the Royal Up page on the RCCL website. There the minimum was 400pp. I don’t remember the maximum, sorry.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, dleahy4444 said:

It was weird. when I first received the email from Royal Up a few weeks ago the minimum was500 pp. We didn't bid at that time.  Last week we decided to throw in a low bid and went directly to the Royal Up page on the RCCL website. There the minimum was 400pp. I don’t remember the maximum, sorry.

It is possible that the minimum and maximum bids will change. Just to give you a bit perspective that might help. On my Odyssey sailing coming up I bid on all suite levels. I am starting in the second highest level balcony cabin. The max bid on a JS was $220/pp and there were 26 showing available....a GS max bid was $1100/pp and there were 6 available....Owners was I believe $3000/pp max and showing 2 available. I bid max on the JS.....about 30% under the max on the GS and just over minimum on the Owners. I was awarded a JS.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bajathree said:

It is possible that the minimum and maximum bids will change. Just to give you a bit perspective that might help. On my Odyssey sailing coming up I bid on all suite levels. I am starting in the second highest level balcony cabin. The max bid on a JS was $220/pp and there were 26 showing available....a GS max bid was $1100/pp and there were 6 available....Owners was I believe $3000/pp max and showing 2 available. I bid max on the JS.....about 30% under the max on the GS and just over minimum on the Owners. I was awarded a JS.

Do you think that the JS was awarded because you bid max, despite the fact that your bids on the other suites were a higher dollar amount?

3 hours ago, RFerrington said:

You are giving a lot of credit to the team that does those calculations.  I am guessing they are not members of the RCCL IT department.😄

• Haha 1