Just took my Binax AG Card test...SO EASY!!!

bajathree

I just took my test this morning for my Sat Odyssey sailing...I am GOOD TO GO!!!

This test couldn't be easier. My wait time in the queue was less than 30 seconds. Minutes to take the test....wait for 15 minutes...proctor comes back to verify results and you are good to go. Got my e-mail confirmation of my negative result in minutes as well as the result via the NAVICA app. 

I mean this is seriously simple....did it all over a cup of coffee 🙂

• Like 18

• bajathree changed the title to Just took my Binax AG Card test...SO EASY!!!

It's much easier on the phone, wait until you get into the Navica app and it is like Kindergarten simple

Willard, you just set your phone down and flip it, then he watches you do the test and you hear all his instructions.  Helps if you have  a phone stand

Watch this video and see the whole thing:

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 5

Now that everyone has calmed down, gotten emersed in the testing nomenclature and familiar with the process, it doesn't seem near as daunting as it once did.  Now it seems it's not even a wrinkle in our time line.  I am not letting anything mar our trip. Mask shmask...not a problem anymore, I won't even know I'm wearing one....LOL🍹

• Like 9

1 hour ago, bajathree said:

I just took my test this morning for my Sat Odyssey sailing...I am GOOD TO GO!!!

This test couldn't be easier. My wait time in the queue was less than 30 seconds. Minutes to take the test....wait for 15 minutes...proctor comes back to verify results and you are good to go. Got my e-mail confirmation of my negative result in minutes as well as the result via the NAVICA app. 

I mean this is seriously simple....did it all over a cup of coffee 🙂

Congrats on that negative result!   Enjoy that cruise!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In regards to using your laptop or cell phone I would like to make a few more comments. I used a laptop and thought it would be easier than my cellphone....easier to tilt and bigger screen. I suggest that whether you use a laptop or phone you have the power cord plugged in so that it doesn't turn off or go into sleep mode.  

When Debbie did her test right after she opened the box the connection froze...we could still see everything but no one was on other end...so I am assuming the connection got lost on the proctor side. They said at the beginning of the test that there should be a small box on left side of screen that says reconnect in case that happens....we did not have that link anywhere on our screen however. So what I did is refresh the page. That put us into a high priority wait line and another proctor came on in less than 30 seconds to continue the test where it left off at. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, soremekun said:

I wonder if, in the future, they will verify the age of the test kit.  I want to purchase now, but don't want the kits to expire.  My (unsupported) concern is they will not have enough in inventory when I'm ready to order in December.

They scan the barcode on the actually test card inside the box before you start the test...so I am sure they already know the expiration date

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, soremekun said:

I wonder if, in the future, they will verify the age of the test kit.  I want to purchase now, but don't want the kits to expire.  My (unsupported) concern is they will not have enough in inventory when I'm ready to order in December.

Be VERY, VERY careful about this.  I would research it ahead of time by calling their Customer Service at 866-955-1173.

I recommend definitely ordering over the phone so you can talk to them about the expiration date.  I ordered through the app, and received my BinaxNOW order yesterday. The original expiration date is less than a month from now; the extended expiration date is 1/3/22.  So, it's NOT a 12 month supply:  it's just under 4 months.

I advise not ordering too soon, because you truly take the risk having the text kits expire before you can use them pre-cruise.  At least my friends, family, and myself can test in the next 4 months, but these are worthless for my pre-cruise test in January.

If it's still required by the time I cruise in mid-January, I'll have to order another 6 kits.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, soremekun said:

My (unsupported) concern is they will not have enough in inventory when I'm ready to order in December.

Abbott is looking to hire 2000 workers and want 50 million kits by the end of October.  I honestly dont think inventory will be a problem in December and there will be better exp dates by then

• Like 1

I don’t understand what is meant by having the power cord plugged in.  If I plug my phone in with the charging cord it will still go dark after a few seconds/minutes of inactivity.  Ditto my plugged in laptop.  Is there a way to disable the phone going to sleep after what it sees as inactivity?

I plan on taking a trial run with the tests I already bought.  We have the six pack and with the expiration date we’ll only be able to use them for one cruise so have spares…

6 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I don’t understand what is meant by having the power cord plugged in.  If I plug my phone in with the charging cord it will still go dark after a few seconds/minutes of inactivity.  Ditto my plugged in laptop.  Is there a way to disable the phone going to sleep after what it sees as inactivity?

I plan on taking a trial run with the tests I already bought.  We have the six pack and with the expiration date we’ll only be able to use them for one cruise so have spares…

On an Android phone it should be in Settings and then Display and then Screen Timeout.  Im not sure about Iphone.  The Navica app is designed to constantly be working so it shouldnt go dark on you once connected

Edited by ryano
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ryano said:

On an Android phone it should be in Settings and then Display and then Screen Timeout.  Im not sure about Iphone.  The Navica app is designed to constantly be working so it shouldnt go dark on you once connected

Thanks!  I have an iPhone…but I was planning on using our laptop as I don’t have a stand for the phone.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, CorbinCatFan said:

I'm just curious to know how long from when you place your order for the test that you received them?

With eMed, if they approve you before 6pm the same day you order, you receive them the next day.  Mine was approved the next morning from when I ordered so I received them two days after the order was placed.  Im not sure how quick The Optum Store is

• Like 1

1 hour ago, soremekun said:

The batch I just received last week from eMED is good until Jan 3rd ( Lot number 142400). I will be using for my cruise in 2 weeks and for my NYE trip.   So you might be good.

1 hour ago, soremekun said:

Now this is a real issue with the expiration date.  A member of my roll call just got his tests in and they expire in less then a month from when he got his six test in yesterday.  I don't know why they expire so fast.  If I knew that I wouldn't have ordered six.  Mine will be in today I can't wait to see when they expire. 

• Like 1