Suite Boarding During Covid

thebooth

6 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Very doubtful they aren't going to let you board if you arrive more than 30 min after :classic_wink: 

They tell all they have to arrive in their specific window or may be seriously delayed.  How much, who knows.  Of course they will let everyone board. 

suites officially get a bit more wiggle room. 

We were in a suite on our Ovation cruise a few weeks ago in Seattle . We got to the port about an hour early for our Noon boarding time. Everyone was happily  waiting in a very big line all together outside. 
My husband nicely and very quietly mentioned to the Boarding personnel that we were in a suite. They immediately took us out of line, checked everything and we were then the third group to board the ship. If we hadn’t mentioned anything, I’m not sure what would have happened since there was little communication going on. It’s seemed like a disorganized boarding process compared to what we’ve experienced in Bayonne in the past. Maybe because cruises had just resumed in Seattle?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RCCL Fan said:

I never realized this.   We have a noon assigned time at Port Everglades.   

So we could show up at 11am?  I would think people from the previous weeks' sailing would still be meandering off. 

You can show up at 11:00 but that doesn't mean you'll be able to board then. As you mentioned, people may still be disembarking from the previous cruise and the staff will still need a little time to prepare for the new arrivals.

• Like 1

WE just got off the Allure last Sunday . There were no suite boarding line  and no normal  suite waiting area in north end of terminal . We had 100pm boarding    parked and walked in terminal at 1220 .no waiting and walked on ship ten minutes later after 3 document checked and health screenings

45 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

You can show up at 11:00 but that doesn't mean you'll be able to board then. As you mentioned, people may still be disembarking from the previous cruise and the staff will still need a little time to prepare for the new arrivals.

They need to clear the ship and customs will release it so boarding can begin.

1 hour ago, villager70 said:

WE just got off the Allure last Sunday . There were no suite boarding line  and no normal  suite waiting area in north end of terminal . We had 100pm boarding    parked and walked in terminal at 1220 .no waiting and walked on ship ten minutes later after 3 document checked and health screenings

Do you know if they are doing this for all suites?  I am in a JS on Allure 10/31 and from what I read I still get priority embarkation.  

2 hours ago, Icesk8rReedy said:

Do you know if they are doing this for all suites?  I am in a JS on Allure 10/31 and from what I read I still get priority embarkation.  

We had a Jr for 8-29 on Allure  and others boarded with us were Sky and we all went to reg checkin which had no lines . Our Normal suite checkin at PC when you enter on right was closed and  when we got to north end of terminal where on the right the suite waiting area, sofas,chairs, coffee area was all roped off and empty. The process took around 15 minutes. We have used this for checkin for Jr. & Grands, etc   for about 2 years before  covid. but only once last week. We do 4 BTB on Mariner tomorrow  i Jr. suites so will advise if any changes.  Bob

We will be back on Allure for 4 BTB  Starting oct 10th in  Jr. suites thru Nov 7  so can advise on later changes

Independence allowed us to join the line and hour early for a JS. The boarding card is marked “suite”. 

there were no special lines for loyality members, etc. just a line marked by boarding time.