Everything.. Norwegian Viva/Prima class #2

FreestyleNovice

20 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

Yup, the TA itinerary got changed - to a more southernly route. Got the email today ...

Dear Valued Guests and Travel Partners,

On behalf of Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL), we thank you for your loyalty and for making us your vacation of choice.

We have important information regarding your upcoming November 16, 2023, sailing aboard the new Norwegian Viva. Travel Partners are asked to share this information with impacted guests.

We are committed to delivering exceptional vacation experiences around the world. While it is always our intention to maintain original itineraries, at times unforeseen circumstances require us to make modifications. As a result of fleet redeployment, your itinerary has changed and your voyage will now end in Miami, FL. The revised itinerary is as follows:

image.png.1c82008e033558bc93470e62f72a0d39.png

Guests who are impacted by this change have the following options:

1. Sail the amended itinerary above, disembarking in Miami, FL and receive a 10% discount of the voyage fare originally paid, inclusive of all previously selected promotions. If this is the preferred option, no further action is required. Final itinerary, invoice and reservation details will be shared by January 20, 2023.

OR

2. Cancel the current reservation and rebook at later date. Guests who choose this option must contact us no later than January 18, 2023. In the U.S. and Canada, guests should call 1-800-327-7030, visit www.ncl.com or contact their travel advisor. Guests residing outside of the U.S. and Canada, should visit www.ncl.com for local contact information. Upon cancelation, guests will receive a full refund that will automatically be returned to the original form of payment. The refund will be processed within 30 business days of cancelation and will be returned within 7 to 10 business days following the processed date. The visibility of the funds is dependent on the guest's financial institution's internal policies.

-If the current reservation was paid utilizing a Future Cruise Credit (FCC), 100% of the FCC used will be re-applied to the guest's Latitudes account. No further action is required. The FCC will be automatically added within seven business days of cancelation.

Guests who do not contact us by January 18, 2023, will have their reservations adjusted to the first itinerary option which includes modified ports of call and disembarkation in Miami, FL, in addition to receiving the referenced 10% discount.

We want to do the very best for you, so in addition to the above, all impacted guests will receive a 10% discount on a future cruise combinable with all available promotions at the time of booking, regardless of the option selected. The 10% discount will be added to your Latitudes account and will be available as of January 20, 2023. This discount can be applied towards sailings from January 20, 2023, through December 31, 2024.

SHORE EXCURSION NOTICE
Shore excursions booked through NCL for Funchal, Portugal, and Royal Naval Dockyard, Bermuda will be automatically canceled, and a full monetary refund of the fare paid will be returned to the form of payment used at time of reservation; no further action is required. Shore excursions booked through NCL for Ponta Delgada, Portugal will be automatically adjusted to the new dates and times in port; no further action is required. If you are interested in booking new excursions for your upcoming vacation, please login to your MyNCL account or contact us directly at (866) 625-1167. TRAVEL DOCUMENTS
Depending on nationality, guests may require a passport and/or a visa to visit certain ports of call. All necessary documentation should be printed and available to present at check-in on embarkation day. Guests who fail to obtain these documents will be denied boarding. For more information on the necessary documentation to sail and for all ports of call, please visit www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/cruise-travel-documents. Requirements and policies are subject to change.

YOUR HEALTH AND SAFETY
We have updated our protocols to further align to those of the broader travel, leisure and hospitality industry worldwide, making it easier for guests to return to sea with us. As such, we welcome all guests to sail with us, regardless of vaccination status and age, and with no testing or masking requirements. For additional information on our health and safety protocols, please visit www.ncl.com/sail-safe.

Please note that destination specific travel requirements supersede any NCL embarkation protocols. As such, we strongly encourage you to visit www.ncl.com/travel-requirements-by-country to ensure you are in compliance and avoid any chance of being denied boarding. We encourage you to check these sites often, as regulations change frequently and with very short notice.

We sincerely appreciate your understanding and look forward to welcoming you aboard the beautiful new Norwegian Viva for your dream vacation at sea!

As always, we are at your service.

Sincerely,

Katty Byrd
Senior Vice President, Guest Services

I'm guessing this is in response to the many reviews of the Prima, including mine, that said this is a warm weather cruise ship.  The Prima TA went as far north as Iceland.  I loved Iceland, but the entire cruise was cold and windy, making the outdoor seating unusable, and the indoor seating overcrowded.  Everything I've seen about the Viva looks like a cut and paste from the Prima.

9 hours ago, AlanRRT said:

I'm guessing this is in response to the many reviews of the Prima, including mine, that said this is a warm weather cruise ship.  The Prima TA went as far north as Iceland.  I loved Iceland, but the entire cruise was cold and windy, making the outdoor seating unusable, and the indoor seating overcrowded.  Everything I've seen about the Viva looks like a cut and paste from the Prima.

I agree. I wonder how the Prima reviews will be with the summer iceland schedule?  I figure any day we might see redeployment for Prima

Can somebody tell me in the Manhattan dining room do the menus change at all like is there still daily features that change I know there's a section of Classics that stay the same but do they offer other dishes we are real Caribbean customers will we be disappointed with Norwegian we want to try Norwegian Viva which is a sister ship of Prima in 2024 in the Mediterranean has anybody done any excursions with Norwegian how are the two operators also what are the extra charges on Norwegian any help would be appreciated because anytime I've tried to call Norwegian I've had a million different answers for the same questions

@lolomaz26 nobody really has answers that are Viva-specific as the ship has yet to sail.  I would suggest looking at Prima threads (in the Norwegian forum list there's a drop-down to search for topics by ship, select Prima) for a general idea.  From the sounds of it the following items are extra-cost - go-karts, darts, mini golf, Vibe Beach club.

The ship likely will not have an MDR named "Manhattan", it will probably be Hudsons as it is named that on the Prima.

7 hours ago, lolomaz26 said:

has anybody done any excursions with Norwegian

Nope, nobody's taken shore excursions with NCL, everyone does private excursions (yes, sarcasm).

Your entire post is one run-on sentence, punctuation will help distinguish one thought from another.  Some of your questions are general NCL questions, you might be better off starting your own thread (if you haven't already) rather than lumping in with the discussion on the ship build.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lolomaz26 said:

Can somebody tell me in the Manhattan dining room do the menus change at all like is there still daily features that change I know there's a section of Classics that stay the same but do they offer other dishes we are real Caribbean customers will we be disappointed with Norwegian we want to try Norwegian Viva which is a sister ship of Prima in 2024 in the Mediterranean has anybody done any excursions with Norwegian how are the two operators also what are the extra charges on Norwegian any help would be appreciated because anytime I've tried to call Norwegian I've had a million different answers for the same questions

The Prima has 2 main dining rooms:  The Hudson and the Commodore.  The menu are identical for both mdr and don't change. With the Prima, they introduced a new feature that you can order (at extra charge $15.00) a dish from a specialty restaurant.  This dish is changed daily. Last year, when they announced the fix menu, they said that it was their intention to retrofit that change throughout the fleet.  I don't know if they started to do it but I am sure it will be that way on the Viva.

I have sailed many parts of the world on NCL  and I don't recall having see specialty dishes based on the area the ship is sailing. There was no Greek dishes when I sailed the Greek islands, no south america dishes when I sailed Argentina and Chile, etc. So don't expect caribean dishes when you will sail the Caribean sea.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, lolomaz26 said:

Thank you so the main dining rooms which are free if you're on a 10-day Cruise you get the same exact menu selections every night I thought they had the classics selections at repeat every day but the daily features that change everyday

Prima introduced a fixed menu so the goal was better food quality and consistency.  The menu is larger than the normal MDR menus and I found it plenty for a 14 day cruise with having some specialty dining to use in addition.  Just the pasta options could be varied for a number of meals.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, lolomaz26 said:

13 minutes ago, RVACruiser43 said:

Prima introduced a fixed menu so the goal was better food quality and consistency.  The menu is larger than the normal MDR menus and I found it plenty for a 14 day cruise with having some specialty dining to use in addition.  Just the pasta options could be varied for a number of meals.

18 hours ago, lolomaz26 said:

Do you have a copy of your menus from the 14 day cruise

Search this forum for posts with Prima in the title, you should stumble on some reports from the ship.  There will be menus in those reports (look for reports from @BirdTravels.)

Edited by PATRLR

19 hours ago, lolomaz26 said:

Thank you so the main dining rooms which are free if you're on a 10-day Cruise you get the same exact menu selections every night I thought they had the classics selections at repeat every day but the daily features that change everyday

The Prima has the exact same menu each night, regardless of how long the cruise is. There is one specialty dining room entrée offered for an additional charge. 

Example nightly for-fee item

image.thumb.png.b84ea1298b9ddb789f610a725a3a549b.png

image.thumb.png.ca8f70d932dc25d4df70b3b8afbd0c94.png

Dinner Menu - Does Not Change

image.thumb.png.3118046e2b5434815c4dc47baf02bc1f.png

image.thumb.png.93efe5ff62caab77e826268238991c47.png

image.thumb.png.56a62157a4f434e97ce0e9612ee9b3d6.png

image.thumb.png.2f4ba4de31d092be84f10db9373d6d0a.png

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/15/2022 at 5:49 PM, BirdTravels said:

Nope. Dec 6 appears to be the one and only continental US cruise of the Viva. After that, she goes to San Juan and never returns to the continental US (at least the current advertised schedules through the end of 2025).

From Nov 27-Dec 6 will be PR/Media/TA cruise(s) (Prima did one to Halifax) and then a repositioning cruise from NYC to Miami. 

Looks like we're learning more about Nov 27-Dec 6.  I see now that there is a new cruise listed, Miami-Miami with stops in Key West and GSC Dec 2-6.  We were hoping our Dec 6 was to be the US inaugural.  Oh well...  

12 hours ago, PATRLR said:

Looks like we're learning more about Nov 27-Dec 6.  I see now that there is a new cruise listed, Miami-Miami with stops in Key West and GSC Dec 2-6.  We were hoping our Dec 6 was to be the US inaugural.  Oh well...  

Just add the new four day to make it an 11 day B2B.

So it's been just over 6 months since the float out and about 6 months before the first cruise. Still no updates or fuzzy pictures, what's up NCL? ( I know you are out there ).

The only thing I can do from here is monitor for the Viva AIS, still not a beep.

Not sure how old this image is, but that funnel is a Prima ship ( Prima or Viva ? )

Screenshot 2023-02-08 065654.png

Edited by JIMESOPUS
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, PATRLR said:

AIS?

There's this website called Google... 🤣😇

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automatic_identification_system

No, that wasn't the first result on a search for 'AIS' (on a US Google search anyway), but it's the first one that makes sense in this context...

Edited by hallux
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, hallux said:

There's this website called Google... 🤣😇

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automatic_identification_system

No, that wasn't the first result on a search for 'AIS' (on a US Google search anyway), but it's the first one that makes sense in this context...

My mistake.  I forgot that Cruise Critic is NOT for asking questions.  

I will now go write on the blackboard "I will never ever ever again ask a question on Cruise Critic" 100 times.

2 minutes ago, PATRLR said:

Just pointing out that (though not in this case as I happened to be browsing the forums at the time) sometimes answers can be found much quicker with a little searching elsewhere instead of waiting for someone to respond to your question.

Edited by hallux

11 minutes ago, PATRLR said:

I will now go write on the blackboard "I will never ever ever again ask a question on Cruise Critic" 100 times.

@PATRLRsorry about that, should have clarified what AIS is

@halluxthanks for the help

Have been sitting on the phone with JetBlue trying to change my NCL flights and my mind just turned off

Edited by JIMESOPUS