No Hawaii Cruises until January 2022

LACruiser88

23 minutes ago, DUCHESSRN said:

As it is much easier and cheaper for us to get to LA I hope to get on the Dec29th 10 day on Majestic.

We have been booked on this cruise for a long time now.  We really enjoy the itinerary.  I think we have done the same itinerary about 5 times!

2 hours ago, DUCHESSRN said:

My TA is telling me the 2 Ruby holiday cruises does not have Ports settled but no Santa Barbara ...I wish I knew Itinerary .

As it is much easier and cheaper for us to get to LA I hope to get on the Dec29th 10 day on Majestic.

I guess Cabo is an easy pick as a tender port and easy to get space ..San Diego maybe but the way my TA worded her E mail she knows no more than we do.

Cabo might depend upon how much damage it has taken from Hurricane Olaf.

There may be more cruises to Hawaii in 2022 getting canceled.  I am currently booked on the March 10 Grand cruise out of LA.

When I do a search on Hawaii cruises out of LA without entering any ship criteria it only shows the cruises on the Crown.  If I specifically add the Grand to the search criteria then the Grand cruises show up. Could be a bug, or it could be an indication of Princess starting to make changes

The reason why I was checking is because I heard a rumor from one of the entertainers that Princess was reducing the number of Hawaii cruises in spring 2022 and that the Grand would not be doing Hawaiian cruises during early 2022.

Edited by nocl
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, nocl said:

There may be more cruises to Hawaii in 2022 getting canceled.  I am currently booked on the March 10 Grand cruise out of LA.

When I do a search on Hawaii cruises out of LA without entering any ship criteria it only shows the cruises on the Crown.  If I specifically add the Grand to the search criteria then the Grand cruises show up. Could be a bug, or it could be an indication of Princess starting to make changes

The reason why I was checking is because I heard a rumor from one of the entertainers that Princess was reducing the number of Hawaii cruises in spring 2022 and that the Grand would not be doing Hawaiian cruises during early 2022.

Say it isn't so.  I know the Crown will be doing the replacement cruise for Nov/December 2021 next fall/winter.  

Hawaii has been on our bucket list, and we were considering the 12/20/21 holiday cruise on the Grand as we liked the itinerary. We haven’t cruised Princess in 5 years as we now favor Viking, but as Viking didn’t have 2 week cruises to Hawaii, we looked at Princess. Ironically, 3 weeks ago Viking announced 2 Hawaii cruises with the identical  itinerary (12/4/21 & 12/20/21), I’m assuming to replace itineraries in the Far East and Australia that were cancelled due to covid. They also added a 1/5/21 33 day cruise that adds Polynesia. As the Hawaii itineraries are only for these 3 dates, we grabbed the holiday cruise as we love Viking and didn’t want to pass up this opportunity. In addition, the cost is less than Princess and includes free air. Like others here, I can only speculate why Princess cancelled all 2021 Hawaii cruises. Maybe it’s because Viking ocean ships hold a max of 930 guests. In addition, the cruise is 2 days longer as it travels slower than the larger ships - which gives us extra sea days going to and coming from Hawaii.

1 hour ago, Squawkman said:

Hawaii has been on our bucket list, and we were considering the 12/20/21 holiday cruise on the Grand as we liked the itinerary. We haven’t cruised Princess in 5 years as we now favor Viking, but as Viking didn’t have 2 week cruises to Hawaii, we looked at Princess. Ironically, 3 weeks ago Viking announced 2 Hawaii cruises with the identical  itinerary (12/4/21 & 12/20/21), I’m assuming to replace itineraries in the Far East and Australia that were cancelled due to covid. They also added a 1/5/21 33 day cruise that adds Polynesia. As the Hawaii itineraries are only for these 3 dates, we grabbed the holiday cruise as we love Viking and didn’t want to pass up this opportunity. In addition, the cost is less than Princess and includes free air. Like others here, I can only speculate why Princess cancelled all 2021 Hawaii cruises. Maybe it’s because Viking ocean ships hold a max of 930 guests. In addition, the cruise is 2 days longer as it travels slower than the larger ships - which gives us extra sea days going to and coming from Hawaii.

I saw those sailings a few weeks ago and was very tempted. I’ve been wanting to try viking for a long time now. However they rarely sail out of the west coast and SF in particular. I decided not to move over to viking for Hawaii this December since I’m not convinced  they will actually sail.  Then I’d have a bunch of money tied up waiting for a refund as there is nothing else they offer that I’d take right now.  

• Like 2

Been waiting for some sort of update, not entirely surprised.  We're booked on Grand for Hawaii on January 4th which now looks to be the first scheduled sailing to the islands.

Really hope it happens, we're booked using the substantial credit we received when we sailed on the final Grand cruise which landed us in Travis at the start of this thing.  That credit expires 3/31/22 and, given what we went through to "earn" it, we'll be looking for a long extension if they cancel our 4th attempt to redeem.

For those who lost their dream holiday, so sorry for you, a cruise to Hawaii for Christmas is really special and I'd highly suggest moving across to the equivalent in '22 if you're able.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, jondfk said:

That credit expires 3/31/22 and, given what we went through to "earn" it, we'll be looking for a long extension if they cancel our 4th attempt to redeem.

That’s crazy…I didn’t have your terrible experiences & my FCC for canceled cruises beginning as early as May 2020 have book & sail by dates of 12/31/22.

13 hours ago, nocl said:

So now we are furthering the spread of unsubstantiated hokum from the rumor mill?

59 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

So now we are furthering the spread of unsubstantiated hokum from the rumor mill?

Only if you choose to interpret  it that way.  The comment came from an entertainer that was scheduled to work on the Grand and had it dropped from their schedule.

Check the Princess web site yourself and see if it is acting a bit strange.  If you select Hawaii the Grand does not appear.  You have to specifically select the Grand to see it.  Not exactly normal behavior.

We will see.

Edited by nocl

34 minutes ago, nocl said:

Only if you choose to interpret  it that way.  The comment came from an entertainer that was scheduled to work on the Grand and had it dropped from their schedule.

Check the Princess web site yourself and see if it is acting a bit strange.  If you select Hawaii the Grand does not appear.  You have to specifically select the Grand to see it.  Not exactly normal behavior.

We will see.

So then we shall interpret said comment as fact rather than rumor. 

8 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

Taken just this minute. Hope this means what you experienced was just a temporary glitch. F6B41B79-4241-4ADF-A137-57BB546EDCE9.thumb.jpeg.9e1ca22b11e1d890ed2f9e5ece961fd7.jpeg

Did your search include the ship?  Or just Hawaii.

This is what I get for Hawaii with no other criteria

Up to $200 Onboard Spending Money!
And get our lowest fareHRL150.jpg
Interior from$ 1,398*
Guests 3 & 4: $599
More Cruise Dates To Choose From

Jan 04 19

Feb 13
More Datesfor 15-Day Hawaiian Islands  
Mon, Jan 16, 2023 on Crown Princess
Cruise Details 
*Prices are per person, USD. Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses additional: $185
And get our lowest fareHFR150.jpg
Interior from$ 1,398*

Jan 16

Feb 10

Mar 27
More Datesfor 15-Day Hawaiian Islands  
Mon, Jan 16, 2023 on Ruby Princess
Cruise Details 
*Prices are per person, USD. Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses additional: $240
And get our lowest fareHVR150.jpg
Interior from$ 1,498*

Tue, Oct 18, 2022 on Crown Princess
Cruise Details 
*Prices are per person, USD. Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses additional: $170
And get our lowest fareHLR28A.jpg
Interior from$ 2,998*
Guests 3 & 4: $1,699

Nov 09November 9th 2022 Selected

Mar 17
Wed, Nov 09, 2022 on Crown Princess
Cruise Details 
*Prices are per person, USD. Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses additional: $225

Edited by nocl

15 hours ago, nocl said:

The Grand came up on a search for me today. 

2 minutes ago, KruzPrincess said:

The Grand came up on a search for me today. 

Good.

All I know is that I have tried searching on 3 different devices.

The search was without logging in, selecting Hawaii, with no other criteria (no ship).  When I do that it does not list the Grand. Only the Crown out of LA and Ruby out of SF.  

If I put in the Grand and do a search for that ship it comes up

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

Clicking on the “Ship” drop down brought this up:

A714A554-84DA-4114-B4BC-8C1C84AF36CB.thumb.jpeg.5363a276149f549d3f0453e9f721f8af.jpeg

I notice that you are using other criteria length and month for example.

What if you just select Hawaii but no other criteria? 

I get what you did when I enter other criteria, but no grand when one only searches for Hawaii.

Edited by nocl

14 minutes ago, nocl said:

I notice that you are using other criteria length and month for example.

What if you just select Hawaii but no other criteria? 

I get what you did when I enter other criteria, but no grand when one only searches for Hawaii.

Using only Hawaii, I get:

0755DB54-4798-440D-9020-22B9958D4D17.thumb.jpeg.08f96ddfec1d87cbdc420d58ec011659.jpeg

5 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

That’s crazy…I didn’t have your terrible experiences & my FCC for canceled cruises beginning as early as May 2020 have book & sail by dates of 12/31/22.

Your comment caused me to check my FCC account, which I haven't done for many months.  I stand corrected, while I know the original expiration date was March 31, '22 (two years from when we landed in Travis) it has been changed to 12/31/22.  This has me wondering whether we should be looking for something in the fall instead of January, something to ponder . . . 

Thanks for making me check!

Here’s where it gets really squirrley. When I click on “View Results” this is one of the many choices that come up.
Note that it says Crown. When I click on the January 4 date, like magic the same screen changes to Grand! 
Your guess is as good as mine. 
0AEB75E2-8B06-494D-9BD6-562AA68F5342.thumb.jpeg.dc2920fddee698233d2ced1853126ee6.jpeg6C481FFA-E2C0-42E6-B239-8BF2B7F3C779.thumb.jpeg.ec65bc24f7b74779539d3f4bd26aa2d0.jpeg

5 minutes ago, jondfk said:

Your comment caused me to check my FCC account, which I haven't done for many months.  I stand corrected, while I know the original expiration date was March 31, '22 (two years from when we landed in Travis) it has been changed to 12/31/22.  This has me wondering whether we should be looking for something in the fall instead of January, something to ponder . . . 

Thanks for making me check!

You’re welcome & glad that the extension will give you more opportunities to consider…good luck. 🤞😊

Aloha Kakou,

Well, since it seems it was my remark that started some of this confusion, regarding which ship will be sailing to Hawai'i in 2022, I thought I'd chime in here. First of all, please know that I do not have ANY "inside" information concerning what is happening, or what will happen. I was informed about this change at the same time that all of you were. 

My personal searches on the Princess website caused me to think that the Grand would not be doing the remainder of the season, and that the Crown would be pickling up those cruises. This is the information that I passed along on my Friday ukulele play-along session. I believe this is where some of the comments here originated.

Now, going to the website this morning, I see that depending on the parameters you use, you may get different information concerning the 2022 Hawaiian cruises. 

In summation, all I know for sure, is that, unfortunately, Leialoha and I will not be on the Grand for the first three cruises. My apologies to anyone who may have taken what I said as 100% actual and factual, but I was going on the information that I personally found on the website. 

Here is hoping that we can all get back to cruising as soon as we can. Leialoha and I miss seeing so many of you, as we have forged some wonderful friendships over the years with our guests, and look forward to many more years of doing so.

In the meantime, we are in the middle of moving from Hilo to Las Vegas, so we will be out of pocket for a little bit of time, as we get settled into our new surroundings and life. We send you aloha and best wishes...please stay safe.

Tiki Dave

(Of Elua)

www.facbook.com/tikidavemusic

www.tikidavemusic.com

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Elua said:

Aloha Kakou,

Well, since it seems it was my remark that started some of this confusion, regarding which ship will be sailing to Hawai'i in 2022, I thought I'd chime in here. First of all, please know that I do not have ANY "inside" information concerning what is happening, or what will happen. I was informed about this change at the same time that all of you were. 

My personal searches on the Princess website caused me to think that the Grand would not be doing the remainder of the season, and that the Crown would be pickling up those cruises. This is the information that I passed along on my Friday ukulele play-along session. I believe this is where some of the comments here originated.

Now, going to the website this morning, I see that depending on the parameters you use, you may get different information concerning the 2022 Hawaiian cruises. 

In summation, all I know for sure, is that, unfortunately, Leialoha and I will not be on the Grand for the first three cruises. My apologies to anyone who may have taken what I said as 100% actual and factual, but I was going on the information that I personally found on the website. 

Here is hoping that we can all get back to cruising as soon as we can. Leialoha and I miss seeing so many of you, as we have forged some wonderful friendships over the years with our guests, and look forward to many more years of doing so.

In the meantime, we are in the middle of moving from Hilo to Las Vegas, so we will be out of pocket for a little bit of time, as we get settled into our new surroundings and life. We send you aloha and best wishes...please stay safe.

Tiki Dave

(Of Elua)

www.facbook.com/tikidavemusic

www.tikidavemusic.com

Now the web site is showing the Grand but not the Crown.

Any chance that the assignments might be shuffled around and you pick up more cruises?