How early can you do a telemedicine test (2 days before you sail)?

SherriZ366

We have now used them 5 times and the longest wait was 14 minutes and that was Tuesday at 5pm .

If you have a specific question about time stamps  and such, email the company . They respond within an hour or so.

The guidance is 2 days, not 48 hours just as when it was three days it was not counted as 72 hours. This is to make the testing requirements a little less "restrictive ".( insert eye roll here). 

We have used ours for airlines and work only; no one has looked at anything but the date

7 hours ago, forgotmyCCname said:

The guidance is 2 days, not 48 hours just as when it was three days it was not counted as 72 hours. This is to make the testing requirements a little less "restrictive ".( insert eye roll here). 

We have used ours for airlines and work only; no one has looked at anything but the date

That did make me laugh!😄

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

That did make me laugh!😄

Let's say you have a Florida departure on Sunday and live on the west coast .... can you take the test on Thursday on the west coast at 10:30PM which would be early morning Friday in Florida??

e

• Haha 2

We did this with the Littles,  they arrived in Florida last night at 11PM, and all three were tested after midnight which was the soonest I could get them tested there was no wait for a proctor but then again there wasn't a wait when DH and I did ours at 9 PM either. 

Edited by mauraoel

1 minute ago, Empehi said:

Let's say you have a Florida departure on Sunday and live on the west coast .... can you take the test on Thursday on the west coast at 10:30PM which would be early morning Friday in Florida??

e

I think before answering the question we must first consider the Theory of Relativity and possibly the Laws of Thermodynamics. If that fails to produce an answer then I just shrug my shoulders and flip a coin.

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Empehi said:

e

LOL, I  think that's why they aren't using 48 or 72 hour it would probably give the port agents heart palpitations calculating time zones.

38 minutes ago, Empehi said:

e

We have the opposite scenario. Found this on the eMed site.

018FD82A-DE51-43BD-AB92-B62753BB9249.png

Edited by wellsme1

Thanks so much for the informative answers. 

• First, it doesn't seem as if the wait for a test proctor is long.  I had read that some people had long waits.  
  • Second, I'm going to email the company and confirm that testing after midnight (we're in the same time zone as Florida) counts as two days before embarkation day for our cruise.  From your answers, it looks like it would be OK to do it in the early morning hours of Friday for a Sunday departure.  

Remember, you can also test Sat. for a Sunday cruise…..Fri. or Sat.

I have seen a couple of threads about testing at the stroke of midnight. I guess I’m confused. Anytime Friday or anytime Sat. for a Sunday cruise. 

Edited by crzndeb

We are flying into Florida on Wed. for a Friday cruise. If I have the test with us once we get to Florida we can take the test. My question is I do have a phone and I can get internet on it but I am not very great at things, my grandkids are always having to help me. My question is will I be able to use this and be able understand what to do>. I had a test set up the day before we leave but now they say two days before. Thank You for any help.

Sue

3 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

Thanks so much for the informative answers. 

• First, it doesn't seem as if the wait for a test proctor is long.  I had read that some people had long waits.  
  • Second, I'm going to email the company and confirm that testing after midnight (we're in the same time zone as Florida) counts as two days before embarkation day for our cruise.  From your answers, it looks like it would be OK to do it in the early morning hours of Friday for a Sunday departure.  

Or just test on Friday or Saturday Sherri. It will be fine. There is no reason to stay up that late to test and stress over it. (Unless you want to) Get up, have a cup of coffee, get set up and just do it. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Coralc said:

Or just test on Friday or Saturday Sherri. It will be fine. There is no reason to stay up that late to test and stress over it. (Unless you want to) Get up, have a cup of coffee, get set up and just do it. :classic_biggrin:

Thanks -- I posted about being able to have a test count that was taken shortly after midnight as there might not be as many people testing and we'd be connected with the Test Proctor quickly.  

• Like 1

On 9/10/2021 at 6:42 AM, mauraoel said:

LOL, I  think that's why they aren't using 48 or 72 hour it would probably give the port agents heart palpitations calculating time zones.

When we checked in a couple weeks ago they looked only at dates not times so I’d probably not try the time zone game.  

also, If one of the travelers was a vaccine test study it messes them up cuz they are looking for early 2021 or very late 2020 vaccine dates.  By next sailing two of us will even have boosters…maybe 4/5 of us will. 

We are saling on the Ovation on 9/17 but flying to Seattle morning of the 15th. For people that have taken the emed test already, how soon after your test do they email you the results. Old school here and always like to have printed copy of required documents.  Plan on testing early am on the 15th before we leave for airport.

On 9/9/2021 at 11:12 PM, forgotmyCCname said:

We have now used them 5 times and the longest wait was 14 minutes and that was Tuesday at 5pm .

If you have a specific question about time stamps  and such, email the company . They respond within an hour or so.

Do you know if all three of us need to call separately and have 3 different doctors or do we all use same doctor when we get ahold of them.  Also if we have a adult child (disabled) with no email can we set up heir account under parent email - this would mean same email used twice.  Am I correct that we all need to set up an account before test done or do all 3 of us need an account?    Am I able to help my son with the swabbing?

4 hours ago, randr5153 said:

We are saling on the Ovation on 9/17 but flying to Seattle morning of the 15th. For people that have taken the emed test already, how soon after your test do they email you the results. Old school here and always like to have printed copy of required documents.  Plan on testing early am on the 15th before we leave for airport.

We got the results within seconds 

2 hours ago, lolalow said:

Do you know if all three of us need to call separately and have 3 different doctors or do we all use same doctor when we get ahold of them.  Also if we have a adult child (disabled) with no email can we set up heir account under parent email - this would mean same email used twice.  Am I correct that we all need to set up an account before test done or do all 3 of us need an account?    Am I able to help my son with the swabbing?

It's three separate "calls"  adults have to have their own login and kids have to be selected separately when it's their turn.

Edited by mauraoel

2 hours ago, lolalow said:

Also for your adult child he is set up the same as any other child dependent adult. Under managed accounts.   Sorry I kept wanting to say he even if it's  a she, my oldest is disabled as well so I goo with he out of default,  but he hates traveling so hasn't cruised with us.

Edited by mauraoel