Newbie question, truly indicative of a first world “problem” 🤣

chelseabelsea

Hi there! After a year and a half of worrying about Covid, now that I am triple vaxed, am happy to say I’ve started “worrying” about more mundane things…such as, what is the house champagne served on Splendor? (actually, anywhere on Regent, I’m assuming it’s the same selection)

. . . isn’t it wonderful to think of such things? Our first sailing is this November 🤞🏼 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, chelseabelsea said:

Hi there! After a year and a half of worrying about Covid, now that I am triple vaxed, am happy to say I’ve started “worrying” about more mundane things…such as, what is the house champagne served on Splendor? (actually, anywhere on Regent, I’m assuming it’s the same selection)

. . . isn’t it wonderful to think of such things? Our first sailing is this November 🤞🏼 

The last time we were onboard Regent (seems like decades ago but it's really been a little less than 2 years ago), the house champagne was  Heidsieck Monopole Blue Top. Regards

1 hour ago, pingpong1 said:

The last time we were onboard Regent (seems like decades ago but it's really been a little less than 2 years ago), the house champagne was  Heidsieck Monopole Blue Top. Regards

I'm hoping that continues as I think it's quite a nice pour....not Clicquot, but I can choke it down! (giggle!)

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, chelseabelsea said:

Hi there.  Are you going to be on the Splendor transatlantic?  We will be on from Athens.  Hope we meet you and we can share some bubbly.

Norma and Mitch

3 hours ago, Mudhen said:

Not sure if they still make Ripple.....I'd do that.....on ice!

That was my drink of choice as a poor cadet at The Citadel.  That and mixing 151 rum and Schmitz malt liquor bull. Again, poor student.  Now, I love sipping rums and Hendricks, but not at the same time.  
Z and TB

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, chelseabelsea said:

Oh my God, you guys are all hilarious. Ok, in keeping with what we drank while at the university…does anyone remember Midnight Train Express? 🤣

(thanks for giving me a laugh!)

Almost as good as night train.  Add a little vodka to strengthen it up.  I remember drinking rum and Coke and asking the bartender to add more rum because the coke was too strong. 
Z and TB

• Haha 2

On 9/9/2021 at 11:18 PM, chelseabelsea said:

I don't remember the Champagne name but it retailed for about $12-13.   We don't drink the complimentary Champagne in the room but on out last Mariner cruise it had been downgraded from Veuve to the house, I thought some bean counter figured out how to save $20 a room.

I would recommend trying to get a list of the complimentary wines available,.   The entire list isn't clearly advertised and requires some investigating.  We always ordered the French Burgundy Chardonnay which was far superior to the regular Chardonnays.  Compass Rose will have wines of the  day, if those wines aren't to your taste you can order any wine from the list.

Have a great trip.

Thunderbird was the swill of choice for us in high school. But I also remember Ripple and Boone's Farm. 

On Celebrity I usually gave away the "complimentary" bottle of bubbly to the cabin attendant to share with their friends. I would expect Regent's choice to be better.  I'll find out next year.

You folks really brought back some memories in regard to college wine choices. Mine was a gallon of Gallo Rhine wine. Started drinking this on Friday evening to stimulate poetry writing, finished by Saturday morning with pages of poems. I can barely make it through a half bottle of wine now-a-days.

Does anyone remember Mateus wine?  The local Italian restaurant in my college town had red checkered tablecloths and an empty Mateus bottle with a well-melted candle adorning the tables, as the bottle had an interesting shape.  Of course back then, Mateus was top-of- the- line stuff for us poor college students.  Probably $1.50 a bottle!  Good times.  Those bottles are now considered "vintage" and collectible!  The restaurant owner would gladly take our empty Mateus bottles and store them away for future use.  If I only knew then.......😃

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Sheltieluv said:

Does anyone remember Mateus wine?  The local Italian restaurant in my college town had red checkered tablecloths and an empty Mateus bottle with a well-melted candle adorning the tables, as the bottle had an interesting shape.  Of course back then, Mateus was top-of- the- line stuff for us poor college students.  Probably $1.50 a bottle!  Good times.  Those bottles are now considered "vintage" and collectible!  The restaurant owner would gladly take our empty Mateus bottles and store them away for future use.  If I only knew then.......😃

Sure  and Riunite Lambrusco (on ice thats nice)

Of Course Genny & UC (Matts) were economical beers

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RetiredandTravel said:

Sure  and Riunite Lambrusco (on ice thats nice)

Of Course Genny & UC (Matts) were economical beers

When you refer to Genny, do you mean Genessee Cream Ale?  I loved it. Too bad it’s no longer made.  
Z and TB

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zqueeze1 said:

When you refer to Genny, do you mean Genessee Cream Ale?  I loved it. Too bad it’s no longer made.  
Z and TB

I am from Upstate NY originally, and to the best of my knowledge, Genny Cream Ale is still made and available.

Andy

• Like 2

6 hours ago, RetiredandTravel said:

The "apple jack", just awful.  easier than "Southern Comfort" tho.

In college I got a bottle of Paul Masson Beaujolais in a carafe for a date with my girlfriend once, I bet she was thinking this guys got class!!  😉

The carafe made us think we had moved on up!!!