Hotel/shuttle

Ldigbert1978

Just now, Ldigbert1978 said:

We are cruising for the 1st time. Flying into Miami the day before we sail. Looking to find out where everyone stays do they have a trust worthy shuttle/taxi service they recommend. Thanks 

Intercontinental Miami- stellar property at an often reasonable (for a 4-Star) price close to the port. 
We’ve used Execucar for airport transfer in various US  cities (division of Super Shuttle).

Taxis and Uber work for hotel to pier ($10-20?) and easy to get at the Intercontinental.

2 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Intercontinental Miami- stellar property at an often reasonable (for a 4-Star) price close to the port. 
We’ve used Execucar for airport transfer in various US  cities (division of Super Shuttle).

Taxis and Uber work for hotel to pier ($10-20?) and easy to get at the Intercontinental.

I thought Execucar went out of business when its parent, SuperShuttle, did at the end of 2019.

Lots of suggestions on the Florida Departures board here, under North American Homeports.  We always look for a hotel with free shuttle from airport, taxi to port or paid shuttle if hotel offers it.  EM

Welcome to Cruise Critic.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, njhorseman said:

I thought Execucar went out of business when its parent, SuperShuttle, did at the end of 2019.

ExecuCar is back in selected locations. I know they still serve SFO, LAX, MIA et al.

If you download the most recent version of the Execucar app (at least for iOS), you can search the list of available airports.

For SFO, we use a local guy. But Execucar is the backup. 
BTW: Some folks will suggest Uber. But, reliability and size of luggage can be an issue.

And while we’re at it (for the cruise newbies reading this), this is why you should NEVER fly to an embarkation port on day of departure:

708D3263-6C0C-40E6-9C49-9D7074522904.png

5 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

ExecuCar is back in selected locations. I know they still serve SFO, LAX, MIA et al.

If you download the most recent version of the Execucar app (at least for iOS), you can search the list of available airports.

For SFO, we use a local guy. But Execucar is the backup. 
BTW: Some folks will suggest Uber. But, reliability and size of luggage can be an issue.

And while we’re at it (for the cruise newbies reading this), this is why you should NEVER fly to an embarkation port on day of departure:

708D3263-6C0C-40E6-9C49-9D7074522904.png

Interesting pic. But doubt anyone would be going to the port via the Richmond  San Rafael Bridge as a first choice. Currently not at home...in DC. Is this a current pic?

21 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Interesting pic. But doubt anyone would be going to the port via the Richmond  San Rafael Bridge as a first choice. Currently not at home...in DC. Is this a current pic?

That was a couple of years ago when the RSR bridge had concrete falling. Our problem that day was our regular transfer guy is based in San Rafael and we live in Pt Richmond. Fortunately, that day/time, he was at the Oakland airport. So, no problem. Otherwise, we’d have been scrambling for a Plan B.

FWIW: I commuted to the Sunset District for about 7 years and actually preferred the 2 bridge 101 commute. On the East Bay I-80 route, disgruntled drivers flip you off and tell obscenities. On the Marin route, you still get flipped off but, at least, they yell “excuse me.”😎

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Ldigbert1978 said:

We are cruising for the 1st time. Flying into Miami the day before we sail. Looking to find out where everyone stays do they have a trust worthy shuttle/taxi service they recommend. Thanks 

We have stayed at the Crowne Plaza or  Sheraton at the Miami airport.  Both have a free shuttle that picks you up at the airport to the hotel and then the next day we take a taxi to the pier to board the ship.