Crystal Blocks

5 minutes ago, UnMe4ever2gether said:

We will have 155 points after our Vision of the Seas Cruise March 2022. I know you get the Crystal Block after 140 points. Will I get the block on the cruise or do I have to wait until after the cruise to accumulate the points?

Aileen

Just off the Mariner last week and my son got his 3rd block. The first day C&A left a letter in the room congratulating him for his milestone and gave three options to pick. One: Have it delivered to the stateroom and take it home, Two: If not available to take due to travel, C&A will ship to your house, Three: Do not accept and leave available for the next Cruiser that earns it. My son checked #1 and it's sitting on his shelf in his BR. (He's over 21 and is D+ on his own but has less points than us)

Edit: The ship you are on when you achieve your point status is the block you get. 

Edited by TYMAN
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, TYMAN said:

Just off the Mariner last week and my son got his 3rd block. The first day C&A left a letter in the room congratulating him for his milestone and gave three options to pick. One: Have it delivered to the stateroom and take it home, Two: If not available to take due to travel, C&A will ship to your house, Three: Do not accept and leave available for the next Cruiser that earns it. My son checked #1 and it's sitting on his shelf in his BR. (He's over 21 and is D+ on his own but has less points than us)

Edit: The ship you are on when you achieve your point status is the block you get. 

Tyman, Thank you.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jdg623 said:

We were supposed to get one on the Adventure last month - the loyalty ambassador said it would be mailed. Still waiting - has anyone had one mailed recently? If so, how long did it take to get it? 

Still waiting for my Odyssey block from a cruise last month.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jdg623 said:

We were supposed to get one on the Adventure last month - the loyalty ambassador said it would be mailed. Still waiting - has anyone had one mailed recently? If so, how long did it take to get it? 

I was on Adventure on the Aug 14th cruise.  The loyalty ambassador told me it would be mailed as they did not have any in stock and I got it Fed Ex probably about 1.5 weeks ago so it took about 2.5 -3 weeks from the time we got off the ship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Mikew0805 said:

Got one on the Symphony last week. It's still the scrunched up Oasis Class image. 🙄

Are you referring to the text of the ship name, or that it doesn’t have the picture with the slides in the boardwalk?   I thought the harmony/symphony blocks had the updated ship design with the slides on it.   

36 minutes ago, rcixfan5 said:

Are you referring to the text of the ship name, or that it doesn’t have the picture with the slides in the boardwalk?   I thought the harmony/symphony blocks had the updated ship design with the slides on it.   

The squeezed the image. Both of these show slides

20210913_131531.thumb.jpg.cf333f0c9ce4659b05000f25a09ceb8b.jpg

Proportions way off

20210913_132007.thumb.jpg.6e0f81aad4551733f41f534a9b3b7ef2.jpg

Slides

20210913_131955.thumb.jpg.979b0e1e34c25dc8a7763ae8c457abe5.jpg

No slides

20210913_131943.thumb.jpg.3515e42ade62e6be689b91f71b7e9be4.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa

The story I heard for Odyssey was that no blocks were ever made on account of the decision to end the block program.  Apparently that decision was made some time ago, we just found out recently before they reversed course.

The supplier in China declined the recent order for Odyssey blocks.  It was not clear why.  Out of business, doesn't make them anymore, didn't like the pricing, who knows?

Royal is now scrambling to find a new source for ship blocks including Odyssey leading to the extended shipping times for Odyssey.  Other ships likely have inventory in the warehouse but it's not clear what happens if they run out.  

So for now we wait for our Odyssey blocks.  That'll probably be all of the 8 - 12 weeks they have offered, possibly longer.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, twangster said:

The story I heard for Odyssey was that no blocks were ever made on account of the decision to end the block program.  Apparently that decision was made some time ago, we just found out recently before they reversed course.

The supplier in China declined the recent order for Odyssey blocks.  It was not clear why.  Out of business, doesn't make them anymore, didn't like the pricing, who knows?

Royal is now scrambling to find a new source for ship blocks including Odyssey leading to the extended shipping times for Odyssey.  Other ships likely have inventory in the warehouse but it's not clear what happens if they run out.  

So for now we wait for our Odyssey blocks.  That'll probably be all of the 8 - 12 weeks they have offered, possibly longer.

Kinda surprised Royal went back to their old supplier after the Symphony debacle😉

21 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I was due mine this week on Ovation but cancelled the cruise as well as my next two on Oasis and Symphony.

next cruise ie Odyssey in April so darn.

Can I get one for Ovation mailed to me from Miami headquarters?

if not then I have to wait for SOS next May

If you canceled the cruise, then you won’t get the block. The ship/cruise  that you reach the specific point threshold is the block you receive.

So if you were due one on ovation, that would mean that you had not met the specific threshold until you took that cruise. You did not, so the next cruise you take that you meet the threshold you will receive a block of that particular ship

m

1 minute ago, cruisegirl1 said:

If you canceled the cruise, then you won’t get the block. The ship/cruise  that you reach the specific point threshold is the block you receive.

So if you were due one on ovation, that would mean that you had not met the specific threshold until you took that cruise. You did not, so the next cruise you take that you meet the threshold you will receive a block of that particular ship

m

I met it two years ago and had 144 points already. No one have it to me in 2019 on Ovation.