Star Class Affected at All by Covid?

Midway7934

I have a Star Class cruise booked for January 2022 on Anthem. It was rebooked from 2021. I have sailed Star Class before on Anthem but wondering if anyone has sailed with a Genie during covid. My final payment is due the beginning of October. It will be an awful lot of FCC if things don't go right. My husband is disabled and we are an older couple. Our last Star Class cruise was on Anthem January 2020 right before covid. Our Genie made it wonderful. Thanks for any feedback.

We were in Star Class on Allure last month, and had done it in 2018. Very few differences. The genie, and some room service staff, would not enter the room for more than a couple minutes if we were in it. No big deal. We ordered breakfast in the suite ( we were in a 2 Bdr AQ suite with 8), and I would take the delivery cart at the door and unload it onto the dining table, then wheel the cart back to the door. 

One other thing which we had in 2018 but did not in 2021 was the afternoon adult beverage cart. Instead, they just delivered some cocktails to the room in the afternoon. They may have stopped the cart service pre-COVID. 

Genie still met us at every show and every restaurant. 

Overall a great experience.

mac_tlc

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dasi11 said:

We were wondering if most of our meals could just be delivered to the room to eat on the balcony in Star class?

The issue is the entire meal is delivered all at once. If you're picky like me about warm foods actually being warm and cold foods being cold it doesn't work out very well. We did it for breakfast several times and each time they managed to forget something,  by the time they came back with syrup for the pancakes they were cold as ice.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

One other thing which we had in 2018 but did not in 2021 was the afternoon adult beverage cart. Instead, they just delivered some cocktails to the room in the afternoon. They may have stopped the cart service pre-COVID. 

Our last few Star Class sailings, pre-covid, the drink cart only happened on sea days. I think I like the idea of delivered beverages like you had. 

• Like 1

It's a little different because of the protocols..no behind the scenes or bridge tours right now, no cupcake or sushi classes, no suites sailaway party. Limited capacity in dining venues can make it a struggle on the Genies to have the same amount of flexibility as before and it appears a lot of that has to do with the rapport the Genie has with the other crew members. 

Other than missing the tours and classes we actually just had the best Star Class experience we have ever had, protocols and all.

15 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Our last few Star Class sailings, pre-covid, the drink cart only happened on sea days. I think I like the idea of delivered beverages like you had. 

It was nice to just have them show up!

Miss your trip reports, hope you get to sail soon!

mac_tlc