Pricing increase

KevintheIrishDJ

30 minutes ago, KevintheIrishDJ said:

The 60% off for second passenger has been replaced by 20% off total plus $1,000 OBC.  This increases the Feb. 22 Quest cruise by over $1,000 for ocean view cabin.

That offer does not apply to every market. Azamara prices fluctuate all the time based on supply and demand. I am hearing demand for some points next year is very strong

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, KevintheIrishDJ said:

No 20% off?

No.  $500 OBC plus free WiFi. As uktog said, different markets have different offers. I don't take much notice of those that are advertised. I check them, but in most cases the lord giveth with one hand and taketh with the other. OBC is nice to have and may be useful if we are made to do Azamara excursions to get off the ship, but I just tend.to focus on the bottom line and my previous experience of what I'm willing to pay. 

Phil  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

No.  $500 OBC plus free WiFi. As uktog said, different markets have different offers. I don't take much notice of those that are advertised. I check them, but in most cases the lord giveth with one hand and taketh with the other. OBC is nice to have and may be useful if we are made to do Azamara excursions to get off the ship, but I just tend.to focus on the bottom line and my previous experience of what I'm willing to pay. 

Phil  

Yes, it seems like prices can fluctuate a lot without warning. I’m my case, I was happy to take the $1000 OBC and the beverage upgrade though!

40 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Yes, it seems like prices can fluctuate a lot without warning. I’m my case, I was happy to take the $1000 OBC and the beverage upgrade though!

Case in point. My 4th November cruise I upgraded my cabin a week or so ago because I cancelled the follow on transatlantic as there was too much uncertainty.  Put the money towards the cruise I was going to do. I got a price I was happy with.  All good.  

I'm not in a habit of continually checking prices, but was looking at something else for the same cruise for a friend and two days later the cabin price of the one I'd booked was £800 more. I thought wow, I did well there. Two days after and now, the price is back to what I paid. Supply and demand with slight adjustments is fine, but 15%?  Just sillly. My advice. Don't be duped by "deals". Be patient. 

Phil 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Case in point. My 4th November cruise I upgraded my cabin a week or so ago because I cancelled the follow on transatlantic as there was too much uncertainty.  Put the money towards the cruise I was going to do. I got a price I was happy with.  All good.  

I'm not in a habit of continually checking prices, but was looking at something else for the same cruise for a friend and two days later the cabin price of the one I'd booked was £800 more. I thought wow, I did well there. Two days after and now, the price is back to what I paid. Supply and demand with slight adjustments is fine, but 15%?  Just sillly. My advice. Don't be duped by "deals". Be patient. 

Phil 

Good advice. Sometimes I panic!

22 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

UK offer isn’t nearly as good- $500 OBC & free Wifi, no price reduction.

The current sale for UK guests is very very poor particularly if you already have free WiFi because of room type or loyalty. 

We thought instead as we were onboard we would buy some Cruise Again open certificates to cover what we were going to book plus some more we have in mind but can’t yet commit. In the past Azamara got a lot of our loyalty that way as we could preserve our Platinum discount.

They also don’t seem willing to offer a substitute perk to WiFi which is very much a RC mindset, so as it stands they won’t be getting £20k of bookings. Their loss unfortunately. 

Unfortunately the future cruise sales person had never heard of these cruise again certificates and says they no longer exist as they prefer you to book onboard and rely on your “one free move” under best price guarantee. 

Absolutely barking mad imho especially as the certs are still discussed on the UK website. My late bookings (work frees up space last minute) always went to Azamara using certificates now we will shop around. 

Sad because we are so loving onboard and being back but then you find it’s not yet newco it’s very much either oldco - or newco is actually no different. Who knows. 

6 minutes ago, uktog said:

The current sale for UK guests is very very poor particularly if you already have free WiFi because of room type or loyalty. 

We thought instead as we were onboard we would buy some Cruise Again open certificates to cover what we were going to book plus some more we have in mind but can’t yet commit. In the past Azamara got a lot of our loyalty that way as we could preserve our Platinum discount.

They also don’t seem willing to offer a substitute perk to WiFi which is very much a RC mindset, so as it stands they won’t be getting £20k of bookings. Their loss unfortunately. 

Unfortunately the future cruise sales person had never heard of these cruise again certificates and says they no longer exist as they prefer you to book onboard and rely on your “one free move” under best price guarantee. 

Absolutely barking mad imho especially as the certs are still discussed on the UK website. My late bookings (work frees up space last minute) always went to Azamara using certificates now we will shop around. 

Sad because we are so loving onboard and being back but then you find it’s not yet newco it’s very much either oldco - or newco is actually no different. Who knows. 

Ann, I never used to leave the ship without another booking and that onboard loyalty discount.  It made sense to do it.  With the plethora of deals and the way prices bounce around I haven't done an onboard booking in probably three years.  Do I cruise less because of it?  No, but I now pick my time when I can research at home.  I'm no longer best friends with the future cruise people. LOL

Phil

• Haha 4

16 hours ago, KevintheIrishDJ said:

No 20% off?

In the U.K. consumer law is that if you offer a discount the product has to have been on sale at the full price for at least 28 days in the previous 6 months, so to offer a discount from a fictitious full price is not possible here. Not worked it out but probably the $ and £ prices are very similar just the reference to discount has been removed for legal reasons.

Will be interesting to see what happens with the recently launched 2023 cruises as the launch discount in the U.K. was 20% which is ok as long as the price reverts to the full price when the offer ends.

• Like 2

Just made a call for the Best Price Guarantee for Feb cruise as noticed it had dropped.

balance reduced by £300, $500 obc and free wifi for one device.

One query for those more experienced travellers...the UK site says they will honour the better price right up to 48 hours before you sail, on the phone they mentioned it is up until balance paid (didn't recheck the website till came off phone so did not question) not really expecting another drop and not 100% sure we will be able to take the cruise but would be good to know for the future.

I guess the other question is, are these benefits (obc/wifi) lost if we need to move cruise? (eg if US entry still not possible)

We booked the Oct 10, 2022 Italy Intensive cruise with the 60% off second passenger sale.  The next day (September 1) the sale ended and the new sale of 20% off plus $1000 OBC started.  With the new sale the price of our cruise went up around $1000 but the OBC of $1000 made it basically the same price.  I just checked the price of our cruise again yesterday and it seems the price is now less than the sale price with 60% off. It is actually $760 less and on top of that I would get $1000 OBC.  Do the prices change often?  Should I have my travel agent rebook our cruise with the new price?  Thanks for you advice.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tdl60 said:

We booked the Oct 10, 2022 Italy Intensive cruise with the 60% off second passenger sale.  The next day (September 1) the sale ended and the new sale of 20% off plus $1000 OBC started.  With the new sale the price of our cruise went up around $1000 but the OBC of $1000 made it basically the same price.  I just checked the price of our cruise again yesterday and it seems the price is now less than the sale price with 60% off. It is actually $760 less and on top of that I would get $1000 OBC.  Do the prices change often?  Should I have my travel agent rebook our cruise with the new price?  Thanks for you advice.  

I wonder why the price went down on your second try.  I noticed the wording is "Up to 20% off".  Usually, this means only on the most expensive cabins.

41 minutes ago, tdl60 said:

For that much of a drop I would re-book. 

• Like 1

On 9/16/2021 at 9:22 AM, tdl60 said:

Is there any chance you were on the American website 2nd time?  For some reason I sometimes get redirected to the American website and US pricing.  

10 hours ago, tdl60 said:

I would rebook 

10 hours ago, KevintheIrishDJ said:

I wonder why the price went down on your second try.  I noticed the wording is "Up to 20% off".  Usually, this means only on the most expensive cabins.

Not in my experience. Often the suites aren’t offered at a discount 

• Like 2

Hi!

Speaking of pricing.. I was hoping the 20% off was going to lower the price of the October 28th 7 day Classic Med cruise but it's exactly the same as the 60% off one that had just ended.  The $1000 of OBC doesn't mean much to us as we just like to walk around the ports and are not that into shore excursions. 

The best discount for us is the Veranda for the same price as an inside.. I was hoping that a promotion would come up with that.  However.. now I see that the current one doesn't end until the end of October which is too late for a 10/28 departure.

Not sure what we will do..

We are going on a Danube River cruise this month.. I guess we will see how relaxing being in Europe is right now and then decide whether or not to book the Azamara one.

I hope we decide to go.. DH is less "on board" about it than I am.  I miss everything Azamara!!

• Like 3

My first post for such a long time . Being in Australia with the country locked down to International travel.

Have B2B cruises in late October/November booked Athens to Dubai  at about $300 (Australian) for Category 5 Oceanview with $900 OBC each. This price is at the top of the what is for us a nice value cruise.

But the price for Australian/NZ cruises at this stage are about $500 per person per day for category 5 Oceanview.

Have booked B2B Celebrity Eclipse (Retreat) with specialty dinning, priority boarding, Premium drinks package, high speed WiFi

$800 OBC per cruise, and access to various areas for Suite guests only .

Suite is under the Cafe, so will take earplugs and noise cancelling headphone

The price $480 per person per day 

Some of the Celebrity cruises have no Aqua or Retreat cabins available.

While Azamara cruises have few bookings

Peter

Edited by baytraller
  • Like 1