Walgreens ID NOW Covid Test Results Time?

broadwaycam

UPDATE

Royal Caribbean just revised their pre-cruise testing requirements for unvaccinated kids 2-11. PCR or Antigen tests are now accepted within 3 days of sailing. Previously it was only PCR.

Screenshot_20210915-114532_Chrome.jpg

Edited by PKelley83

27 minutes ago, pcur said:

BinaxNOW is proctored, accepted by RCCL, and RCCL has a link to purchase them from Optum.com:

https://store.optum.com/royal-caribbean/

Apparently even though Royal now allows under 12 to take the antigen tests instead of PCR, they cannot use the BinaxNOW tests? The email I just got from Royal says home telehealth is not allowed for under 12 antigen, but the website says nothing about it. SO CONFUSING!

1 minute ago, JMKreno said:

Apparently even though Royal now allows under 12 to take the antigen tests instead of PCR, they cannot use the BinaxNOW tests? The email I just got from Royal says home telehealth is not allowed for under 12 antigen, but the website says nothing about it. SO CONFUSING!

See this, as it just showed up on the home page here on RCCL CC:

5 minutes ago, pcur said:

See this, as it just showed up on the home page here on RCCL CC:

haha yea that's my post. Just asking here as I am not getting much info in my thread. Pretty sure we just will have to schedule an antigent test at CVS for our youngest. Was hoping for the convenience factor once again (since we will be traveling during the 3 day window)...oh well

15 minutes ago, JMKreno said:

haha yea that's my post. Just asking here as I am not getting much info in my thread. Pretty sure we just will have to schedule an antigent test at CVS for our youngest. Was hoping for the convenience factor once again (since we will be traveling during the 3 day window)...oh well

I hope it all goes well for you.  Kids are so resilient getting stuff pushed up their noses off and on!

I remember when my husband and I got our first tests last year.  I told him after watching him that I took a breath as the swab was approaching, held it, and then breathed out from my nose when it was done.  MUCH less aggravation.

He did that the second tests we had.

24 minutes ago, pcur said:

I hope it all goes well for you.  Kids are so resilient getting stuff pushed up their noses off and on!

She had a serious round of flu a few weeks ago, was good practice for Covid testing...had to get tested multiple times to check whether she had covid (she didn't). We DID learn, however, that she is MUCH more cooperative with having someone else perform the test on her or having a doctor/someone else present while we adminster. Much like other scenarios, kids seem to fight their parents more than authority figures..haha

As for resilient about stuff up noses, most of the time that is self inflicted 😄

Edited by JMKreno

On 9/13/2021 at 4:35 PM, pretzlaff said:

We have done Walgreen's ID NOW about 3 times.  The results are available online in about 20 minutes.  The results are very professional looking and have all the proper data. 

Here in Florida they are free.

we have not done Walgreens yet, but good to know the results are that quick.  When I checked into it, it said up to 24 hours.  Ended up getting ours today at CVS again today for Friday Freedom.  Super Quick and results in less than 40 minutes.

55 minutes ago, Big_G said:

I did a trial run on the Walgreens website and it was only allowing appointments for the next 2 days. Is that the same for all Walgreen locations or just mine?

Yep..they start populating the appointments at midnight.

CVS is different depending on where you are. Some have only PCR available for scheduling in advance and then they drop the rapid antigens in a few days prior while others let you schedule the antigens 2 weeks out.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Yep..they start populating the appointments at midnight.

CVS is different depending on where you are. Some have only PCR available for scheduling in advance and then they drop the rapid antigens in a few days prior while others let you schedule the antigens 2 weeks out.

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

Only 2 days here in Florida as well

2 hours ago, Ocean Cat said:

Walgreens is about three days ahead here in Missouri Big G. CVS is about two weeks out. I’m making appointments at both..,hopefully. 

Thanks all. Good information.

4 hours ago, GateGuardian said:

I was referring to the ones you buy from Walgreens/CVS to take home.

This is a home test, but there are two Binax testing products.  BinaxNOW is the one that is proctored online with a telehealth visit, and is accepted by RCCL.  The ones sold at Walgreen's are not accepted by RCCL, because the results are not verified by a health professional, and you cannot (for now) buy BinaxNOW test kits at retail pharmacies in the US.

5 hours ago, karena1 said:

we have not done Walgreens yet, but good to know the results are that quick.  When I checked into it, it said up to 24 hours.  Ended up getting ours today at CVS again today for Friday Freedom.  Super Quick and results in less than 40 minutes.

The results are not always that quick. I guess it depends on the location. Our Walgreens antigen test results took almost 24 hours. We were on pins and needles at that point!

8 minutes ago, pcur said:

This is a home test, but there are two Binax testing products.  BinaxNOW is the one that is proctored online with a telehealth visit, and is accepted by RCCL.  The ones sold at Walgreen's are not accepted by RCCL, because the results are not verified by a health professional, and you cannot (for now) buy BinaxNOW test kits at retail pharmacies in the US.

yeah, that's what I meant.

5 hours ago, xrae said:

For those that have booked ID NOW via Walgreens, how many people can you get into the same reserved timeslot? Need 6 tests. Thanks. 

I had to schedule one after the other. However, we both arrived together and got tested at the same time  

• Like 1