WTH, Carnival!?!

SeaShark

So I gotta ask...

Carnival posted this pic on their website to show off the Carnival Magic's new livery

cm.thumb.jpg.404bbcac329fe15426aba26926de0114.jpg

Not sure what this is a pic of, but it is NOT the Magic.

Here is the Magic leaving Port Canaveral yesterday:

tl00000972.jpg.625d9870cb2ef0c59f517d26eeeae5aa.jpg

Can't help but notice

--Different basketball court

--Carnival logo on the side of the ship is in a different place

--Magic has 9 lifeboats on a side, but the website pic shows 15

Why the fake picture and just what ship is this that has 15 lifeboats on a side? (Even the Mardi Gras doesn't have that many).

1 hour ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

ok thanks. As usual, I’m confused.

according to the OP the picture of the ship leaving port canaveral on Monday doesn’t look painted. At least in the new paint design.

The OP said no such thing. The ship leaving Port Canaveral on Monday IS painted with the new livery...it just does not match the ship in the photo Carnival has on their website.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

The OP said no such thing. The ship leaving Port Canaveral on Monday IS painted with the new livery...it just does not match the ship in the photo Carnival has on their website.

My apologies OP.  Told ya I was confused. Now I understand. I didnt even see the blue on the front of the ship. Duh! As the Mrs always says…, I am stoooooopid!

Looks like the same ship from different angles to my old tired eyes.

Funny, when the COVID cruising "pause" began, I started a thread on how Carnival could use some of the down time to clean up the rust on its ships' hulls and repaint them with a quality marine product over their self admitted cheap paint.

Some responders said no income and no staff so no new paint, others said what rust?  I wish I could find that thread now and revive it.

12 minutes ago, evandbob said:

Funny, when the COVID cruising "pause" began, I started a thread on how Carnival could use some of the down time to clean up the rust on its ships' hulls and repaint them with a quality marine product over their self admitted cheap paint.

Some responders said no income and no staff so no new paint, others said what rust?  I wish I could find that thread now and revive it.

When I discussed with some friends on the MG, it was clearly made in the discussion they chose poorly the last time out in regards to paint and premature rusting.  The new paint jobs are shard and hopefulyl will reviatize the look on all ships once completed.

2 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

My apologies OP.  Told ya I was confused. Now I understand. I didnt even see the blue on the front of the ship. Duh! As the Mrs always says…, I am stoooooopid!

Dream, Magic, Glory, and of course the Mardi Gras.  Radiance should be next I think, but if I am wrong, one of my friends will correct me.

11 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Dream, Magic, Glory, and of course the Mardi Gras.  Radiance should be next I think, but if I am wrong, one of my friends will correct me.

Legend and Valor have been completed too

Here's a gallery of them compiled by Aplmac:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/15/2021 at 8:30 PM, evandbob said:

Only issue with your thought, was that many dry docks were closed and they couldn't get in to repaint the ships.  As far as above water, I would agree with you.