Harmony/Oasis/Symphony Boardwalk Balcony - Aqua Theater View

Ronaldo807

It's my understanding that the boardwalk balconies towards the aft of the boardwalk have a clear or somewhat clear view of the aqua theater/ocean when looking to the side. I also understand that when looking directly forward, you will be looking at some portion of the Ultimate Abyss. If given the option of the last couple of cabins on either side, which deck(s) have the least obstructed view? Our current best options would be the last cabin on deck 9 starboard side or the second to last cabin on deck 11 port side. With cancellations this may change so for my current options as well as future options (and people reading this post), which deck(s) would be best?

I did not include Allure as the Ultimate Abyss is not currently on the boardwalk.

Link below features a photo that might help you looking in the opposite direction - theater to cabins.  You can judge by which cabins you can see most clearly.  Deck 12 aligns with the control booth level for the Aquatheater. I stayed on deck 12 on Harmony but not all the way aft and my recollection is that 12 and 11 would be the best for looking aft.  No idea looking across. Sorry.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/blog/top-cruise-tips-from-royal-caribbean-experts/

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea
  • Like 1

I have stayed on Deck the last cabin 12329 . The view is good . The slide is there but doesnt block your view of the show also being on a higher deck it doesn' t block your view of the ocean . Now if you go on the same class ship without the slide those last cabins are great . I like deck 12 because there is no balcony above you . Its just a over hang & it gives you shade so it doesn't get hot .

What you can do is go to youtube and search the cabin # to get a better look 

I also just booked the Symphony with cabin 11329 for Oct 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Stay low, being high detracts a little from the show. 

Had 12329 on unamped Allure and 14329 on Oasis in the days of secret balconies. Secret balcony view was better than view from the BB. I don't recall any real issue between watching from above, but, absolutely agree that you should watch the show from the intended theater seats at least once.

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

Had 12329 on unamped Allure and 14329 on Oasis in the days of secret balconies. Secret balcony view was better than view from the BB. I don't recall any real issue between watching from above, but, absolutely agree that you should watch the show from the intended theater seats at least once.

I still watch from deck 7 more often than not.

Had the Aqua Suite on deck 8 starboard for 2020 TA, and thought it was a little to high. 

But it sure was convenient 😉

• Like 1

On 9/15/2021 at 7:43 AM, Ronaldo807 said:

It's my understanding that the boardwalk balconies towards the aft of the boardwalk have a clear or somewhat clear view of the aqua theater/ocean when looking to the side. I also understand that when looking directly forward, you will be looking at some portion of the Ultimate Abyss. If given the option of the last couple of cabins on either side, which deck(s) have the least obstructed view? Our current best options would be the last cabin on deck 9 starboard side or the second to last cabin on deck 11 port side. With cancellations this may change so for my current options as well as future options (and people reading this post), which deck(s) would be best?

I did not include Allure as the Ultimate Abyss is not currently on the boardwalk.

Our extended family had the last 4 cabins starboard side deck #9 on Harmony.

They were OK, view was limited...We actually booked them before it was announced that the new HOTS would have the Abyss. We were hoping for great views so a bit disappointed. Got them at a great price so we tried. Glad we did but won't book them again.

If you can get the very last cabin on deck # 9 or 10 give it a try...you might feel differently.

• Like 1