In Hospital--Prayers Needed

atexsix

So sorry to hear about your illness, @atexsix I'm so glad you got your cruise in and hope that you were able to enjoy it and that this situation didn't impact your trip in any way.

I have waited to hear your review and comments and have been wondering where you were. I hate to hear that this was the reason. 

Best wishes for a quick diagnosis and treatment.

Bruno. This is the first Ali have been on cruise critic today and was so shocked to read your post about your hospitalization. As others have said, Dennis and I hope the medical staff determine what is causing your health problems and you get better soon. So glad to have met you last week. 

Greetings.

First of all, thanks for your prayers and well wishes, I'm truly grateful for that. I'm home now, recuperating, and ever so slowly getting my strength back, amazing how it doesn't take much.

I was diagnosed with a rare condition called sialadenitis in which salivary glands in the neck swell and become infected for reasons unknown.  I'm now on some super powerful antibiotics that would put horse pills to shame.  They'll have to go in and biopsy if the meds don't work but at least we know what we're dealing with and I should gradually begin to feel better.

Kudos to my doctors and care team on something that could easily be overlooked or mistaken for something else.  At least it wasn't viral in nature and at no time was I spreading illness or acquiring it from someone else.  I just know I was miserable for much of the cruise and it'll be a bit before I can review it.

I hope all my cruise critic friends are doing well and I will see you in the daily.

Bruno

• Like 26
  • Thanks 12

I'm glad that they we're able to figure out what the problem is. It's so easy to take our health for granted, but when something like this comes along we realize how fortunate we are. I've enjoyed your active roll on the HAL boards and will be happy to see you back at it. Take care and I'll keep you in my prayers.

Michael

Bruno

I am one of many on cruise critic that is happy  to hear that you are at home and recovering from this awful illness.    I hope you can rest up and the meds clear up this illness fast.  Hoping you are feeling better shortly.   Sorry that after all the anticipation that you weren’t able to enjoy your cruise to its fullest.    Here’s hoping that one day you’ll be able to take that Hawaiian cruise and be in good health.  Take care and keep us posted on how you are doing.  
Maryell 

• Like 1

We're very happy to hear from you again.  I'm so sorry to hear you've been feeling so badly, but figuring out a diagnosis is half the battle.  The second half is getting you well again.  I hope you recover quickly, and that someone is there to help you and DD out.  

See you on the Daily!  We'll keep you in our prayers!

• Like 2

Good to hear from you.  I have never heard of that condition, so I looked it up.  Expect the antibiotics will take care of it and you will be salivating like normal again.  What hospital was able to diagnose and treat this so soon?

Ray

• Like 1

1 hour ago, atexsix said:

I was diagnosed with a rare condition called sialadenitis in which salivary glands in the neck swell and become infected for reasons unknown. 

Bruno, my husband suffers from this. It is a very alarming condition the first time you experience it.

I hope you will be soon be on the mend and that you find that you can control any future occurrences quickly. My husband has luckily been able to suppress any future attacks with warm compresses because he recognizes the feeling and treats it immediately. It has worked well for him and I hope you will be able to have the same experience. 

I'm so sorry it disturbed your cruise. Now, you will need to book another!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1