Celebrity deposit question

BarbaraB2

5 minutes ago, BarbaraB2 said:

Specifically what happens to the deposit if I cancel before the final payment? Celebrity has changed this policy since I last cruised with them (two years ago) and I am having a hard time understanding the options. 
Thanks!

Is it a NRD showing on your confirmation?

Does the additional ‘refundable deposit fee’ apply to refunding only the deposit? I wondered if it would allow for refunding cruise fares after final payment? Am I correct that currently Celebrity is allowing cruise cancellations after final payment with FCC?

18 minutes ago, BarbaraB2 said:

Does the additional ‘refundable deposit fee’ apply to refunding only the deposit? I wondered if it would allow for refunding cruise fares after final payment? Am I correct that currently Celebrity is allowing cruise cancellations after final payment with FCC?

Yes, if you cruise is covered under cruise with confidence and you cancel after final payment you get a FCC.  Before final payment  with a refundable deposit you get the deposit returned.  With a non-refundable deposit you get a FCC for the deposit.   

On 9/16/2021 at 1:55 PM, BarbaraB2 said:

Thank you for clarifying this. One less hurdle to overcome . Now if I can just pull the trigger while the 20% sale is on.

Keep an eye on the date restrictions for using the FCC…must be booked by April 2022 and sail within one year of the original sail date.

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, spammie said:

I cancelled a cruise a month ago.  How long does it take for the deposit refund?  I was told one to two weeks but I still haven't received an email or anything indicating the refund.  

We have not been notified when refunds were processed. We check our credit card to find out if the refund was processed.