Throwing in the booking towel: no longer going to use my TA, and book directly with C&A

pcur

3 hours ago, spunks said:

Always fly Southwest. They never charge for rebooking or cancelations. 

2 hours ago, poocher said:

SWA allows price drops.  I do I it all the time.

Ahh, I often forget about SWA, unfortunately living in Dallas, home of SWA, there are restrictions on non stop flights out of here, so I don’t use them. 

5 hours ago, spunks said:

Always fly Southwest. They never charge for rebooking or cancelations. 

Southwest is only convenient and available in certain sections of the country. Or use secondary airports.  Which is all to bad because they have some good policies

Just realize, that many times you are paying more for those "perks" on SW versus other airlines.

A couple years ago a friend was booking SAN to MSP.  She was planning on SW.  I suggested that she look at others.  Delta was $200 cheaper and non-stop.  Even with paying for a checked bag, Delta was much cheaper.

Think about it, SW does not allow their fares to be posted on fare comparison sites.  If they were actually cheaper most of the time, wouldn't it be to their benefit to be listed on those sites????????

Don’t know the answer to your question and in my case, and only commenting on my case, SWA is 95% of the time cheaper from CT to FL.  I have occasionally found a lower fare on Jet Blue but since their base fares no longer include even a carry on, unlikely to happen again.  All other airlines tend to be significantly higher.  Yes you have to check all your options.

I use SW on occasion but only if there is significant price difference. I actually just booked with southwest for a trip to Branson for the first week of Dec. prior to boarding Liberty. What keeps me off them is they have no business/first class and I hate cattle call seating.  My airline of choice is Alaska but their lanes are occasionally limited. I used to use Delta all the time but after a series of service failures with them I just gave up.  I was paying a premium to fly with them exclusively and wasn't getting anything in return.

So sorry to go so far off topic.  Now back to your regularly scheduled posting

My TA is great.  If we ever meet I'll give you his phone number. 😀

• Like 1

10-15 years ago, Delta was a good option for us and we used them several times on our mother/daughter Disney trips.  Got upgraded to first class on 3 of them.  SPOILED!!!!  It truly was nice but to add $300 to a 2 1/2 hour flight seems excessive to me.  I guess that’s how many feel about a suite 😁😁

On 9/20/2021 at 1:06 PM, poocher said:

10-15 years ago, Delta was a good option for us and we used them several times on our mother/daughter Disney trips.  Got upgraded to first class on 3 of them.  SPOILED!!!!  It truly was nice but to add $300 to a 2 1/2 hour flight seems excessive to me.  I guess that’s how many feel about a suite 😁😁

Delta got really stupid about 2007 - 08.

Before that they were great to fly on.  And in the past few years, they are close to being back where they were.

Delta is back to being my primary carrier, with United second and American a DISTANT 3rd.