Might Cruise Ships "Nieuw Statendam"

leerathje

Would like to have seen that documentary. I feel fortunate to have sailed on her 7 days in the Caribbean during April 2019, for our anniversary after I happened on a very good rate for a Neptune which provided the opportunity to finally sample a Pinnacle class vessel and the then-new Club Orange dining room.

I especially liked the Music Walk venues - we stayed up enjoying the entertainment later every night than we usually do. Overall I found it to be a far more comfortable, functional, cruiser-friendly ship than the trendy Celebrity Edge which we had sailed a few months previously. Our next two cruises are on Rotterdam & Konigsdam - if all goes well!

Edited by Caribbean Chris

If someone did view this show, where was the Nieuw Statendam sailing? We spent 20 days aboard her in Fall 2019. The Koningsdam is the next Pinnacle-class for us in 79 days, and then Rotterdam twice next year including the 150th Anniversary Transatlantic.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Heartgrove said:

If someone did view this show, where was the Nieuw Statendam sailing? We spent 20 days aboard her in Fall 2019. The Koningsdam is the next Pinnacle-class for us in 79 days, and then Rotterdam twice next year including the 150th Anniversary Transatlantic.

If I remember it was the Norwegian Fjords. They also did one on the Koningsdam. All seasons of the show are available in the UK on Discovery Plus.

There is also a UK Channel 5 show called ‘Cruising With Jane McDonald’. Jane did two shows onboard the Noordam on her Australia/New Zealand.cruise. It was very interesting and would be helpful to anyone doing that itinerary.

Edited by pkpon

9 minutes ago, Alberta Quilter said:

The NS episode was filmed in the Caribbean in Apr/19, according to a passenger who was on the ship at the time and appears in the episode (and posted in another thread).  The Koningsdam episode was the one filmed in the Norwegian fjords.

Thanks for the reply. It is not scheduled for viewing yet here in the USA.

11 minutes ago, Alberta Quilter said:

The NS episode was filmed in the Caribbean in Apr/19, according to a passenger who was on the ship at the time and appears in the episode (and posted in another thread).  The Koningsdam episode was the one filmed in the Norwegian fjords.

Sorry. I got them round the wrong way. Both are good shows and show quite a bit of the ships.

7 hours ago, Caribbean Chris said:

Our next two cruises are on Rotterdam & Konigsdam - if all goes well!

I'm sailing on the Rotterdam July 17, 2022 14 day  Best of Norway.  Might you be on that cruise.  By the way, we're neighbors.  I live in Sarasota.

3 hours ago, dianew138 said:

I'm sailing on the Rotterdam July 17, 2022 14 day  Best of Norway.  Might you be on that cruise.  By the way, we're neighbors.  I live in Sarasota.

No, unfortunately, but Norway in July certainly sounds wonderful! And it would have been fun to meet more neighbors. Along with our friends & fellow cruisers who live in Lakewood Ranch, we had brunch back in 2019 with Cruise Critic’s Host Anne who lives in LWR, too.

We’ll be sailing November 3 on Rotterdam’s first US departure following her Transatlantic - IF the planets align. (These days we’re assuming nothing but hoping for the best when it comes to traveling.) It’s just four nights calling at Key West and Half Moon Cay, but I couldn’t resist the opportunity to sample the new ship.

Edited by Caribbean Chris