Constellation refurbished

vickykay

There's lots of speculation but I'll be surprised if someone has an answer.  I don't have the link to it, but if you search you might find the latest renovation/refurbishment discussion for each ship.

Anyway, I want to see the Infinity refurbished first!  At least refurbed enough that I can use the app.

• Haha 2

I wish they would have done the revolution all these months shes been sitting around but of course I understand why they didnt. I just have to keep driving to Fort Lauderdale and Miami instead of the quick 50 minutes up to Tampa until she has been refurbed. She is WAY overdue. 

6 hours ago, zitsky said:

Anyway, I want to see the Infinity refurbished first!  At least refurbed enough that I can use the app.

Not a function of 'refurb', rather, the fact that Infinity's restart is very far in the future.  App didn't work for Constellation until fairly recently - not due to sail until 11/7.  Works now.

Edited by canderson

5 minutes ago, canderson said:

Not a function of 'refurb', rather, the fact that Infinity's restart is very far in the future.  App didn't work for Constellation until fairly recently - not due to sail until 11/7.  Works now.

Sorry.  What makes one ship compatible with the app when another is not?  I guess you're saying it's Celebrity's computer systems not the ship that makes the difference?

Yes.  Until closer to sail date, they won't bother to bring up the database for that ship.  Until then, what can be done has to be done on the web site.  It was only perhaps two weeks ago that the app went live for Constellation, and only recently has more function been added (can see our shorex in the app calendar now).  It is still very incomplete.

That's how all of the real 'restarts' have gone.

Edited by canderson

• 3 weeks later...

I also keep on checking when the refurbishment will be for the constellation. We're booked for June 2022 in a sunset veranda cabin. Those do not exist on the current Constellation. I have asked celebrity what will happen if it is not completed by the time of my cruise. Where would my cabin be?

They have no answers for me. Anyone else with the same problem?

3 hours ago, simba195 said:

I also keep on checking when the refurbishment will be for the constellation. We're booked for June 2022 in a sunset veranda cabin. Those do not exist on the current Constellation. I have asked celebrity what will happen if it is not completed by the time of my cruise. Where would my cabin be?

They have no answers for me. Anyone else with the same problem?

Those sunset cabins are currently Concierge class, I believe.  They are more renaming than rebuilding.  They are blowing up the men's locker room for a hallway of 2C balconies.

@simba195

Are you referring to the supposed 'suites' in the aft corners of 7, 8 and 9?

Believe me, a LOT of people have scratched their heads over how those are or will be classified on Constellation and Infinity, the two non-Rev M class ships.

I don't know if you've sailed Celebrity before, or if you have sailed in these particular cabins, but since inception, they were called "FV".  It was the most square feet (inside and out) that you could find on an M Class ship for the price.  We booked them many times since we loved both the space and the views out the back.  Then somewhere during the plan for the Revolution, these cabins got caught up in some sort of suite conversion.  We had one booked on Constellation for a TA before COVID shut all of those down, and we never did figure out whether we had an FV or a suite, but since we never boarded, we never found out.  We'd paid for an FV.  STILL have no idea what they're doing with those cabins with regard to category, but suspect that's where your cabin will  be.  If so, you're going to love it.  Can be a little noisy if you're up on 9 due to Sunset Bar on 10, but still very nice.  7 and 8 are quieter.

Thanks,

we love Celebrity. Usually take concierge but now we have enough captains  points, we’re just as happy with a regular balcony. When sunset became available, we took it.  It’s just so frustrating waiting until June for the next cruise after canceling 3 due to COVID

@simba195

Can we ask what cabin you have booked, and what category they called it when you booked (the actual 2 letter designator)?  It sounds as though you're in the same limbo with regard to 'Revolution' category classification as we were when we booked a corner in Constellation, and I'll be watching how this all works out as a matter of curiosity.  We could never figure it out, either.

We booked  8172 SV.

I can't even find it listed anymore.

When I try to "book" another cruise after hours for the same cabin it comes up completely unavailable.

I'm an extremely frustrated traveler so I'm constantly checking out cruises and vacations.  We were in Santiago when our last cruise was cancelled and we needed to fly home.

40 minutes ago, simba195 said:

We booked  8172 SV.

I can't even find it listed anymore.

When I try to "book" another cruise after hours for the same cabin it comes up completely unavailable.

I'm an extremely frustrated traveler so I'm constantly checking out cruises and vacations.  We were in Santiago when our last cruise was cancelled and we needed to fly home.

Ah, we are talking about different cabins, then.  I was thinking of what would be 8181/8183 or 8166/8168.  Those are the four aft cabins on 8 that have been in 'category limbo' for quite some time.  Still trying to figure out if they will stay FV until the 'Revolution' or if they will be reclassified to "Sunset Suites".  I'll make a point of finding out what those are called now when I board in a month or so.  Before our Constellation TA was cancelled, we had paid for an FV, but it looked like we had a suite?

OK.

The cabin you have chosen has been a C1 for years, and at least until the 'Revolution' for Constellation, should remain so.  No current/future deck plan I've seen calls it anything else, though if this has happened, it won't be a surprise.  Those aft cabins are really quite nice, and it won't surprise me either if they do get reclassified with a higher price tag, similar to what seems inevitable for the FV cabins.  We've sailed in these aft C1s a few times when we couldn't get one of the corners, perhaps even in 8172.  We think you will really enjoy it, too.  There was a CC group of us some years ago that would sometimes book 3/4 of the entire stern of the ship (not counting the Penthouses, of  course!) for a TA cruise.

Given the lack of Revolution changes to ships like Constellation and Infinity, classifications are in flux now, but continue to watch to see how 8172 is classified on the X web site's deck plan.  The good news is that what you have in terms of location in 8172, no matter what they choose to call it in the future, is a great cabin.  These cabin locations are what they have always called a Sunset Veranda (SV) on the S class ships, but cabins in this location on M class are, in my opinion, nicer in several respects compared to those on the S class ships.