Book two cabins but stay in one

thewynn

I have cruised on Carnival before and I think this would work but is there anything I’m not thinking of that would make this an issue:

We are a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids) and currently it would actually be cheaper for us to book 2 people in a balcony and 2 people in an inside stateroom than for us to all 4 be reserved in a single balcony. Could we book it like that and link the reservations but actually all stay in the balcony room as a family?

Thanks

30 minutes ago, thewynn said:

The cabin would have enough for 4 people. It is the same balcony cabin if I was to book us all into one cabin.

The difference is price is about $350 to do it as two cabins so it is tempting if it would work.

The problem is Carnival can restrict the sale of cabins. Try selecting a cabin that accommodates 4 persons and see if the reservation system will allow you to book it with only 2 persons.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

The problem is Carnival can restrict the sale of cabins. Try selecting a cabin that accommodates 4 persons and see if the reservation system will allow you to book it with only 2 persons.

First off I think thats really strange that it's cheaper but the deal Carnival is giving away don't make sense.

I think the issue will be you getting a balcony for 4 people when you are only booking 2 people.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

9 minutes ago, K_e_short said:

First off I think thats really strange that it's cheaper but the deal Carnival is giving away don't make sense.

I think the issue will be you getting a balcony for 4 people when you are only booking 2 people.

This is correct.  You can see what the cost of 3/4 persons and pay for To Be Announced 1 and 2, then have them no show to get a 4 person stateroom

• Like 1

2 hours ago, K_e_short said:

It was less expensive for us to book 2 rooms over a room for 3. We're using both rooms though. 

• Like 1

4 @thewynn you didn't say which ship. I know on Mardi Gras the cabins are actually smaller, more narrow than before. Some cabins are down to 158sf from 185sf. I would put one adult and one kid in each room. You wouldn't have to deal with upper bunks, trundle beds or sleeper sofas.

When the kids are old enough, some parents are comfortable enough to put them in an interior cabin across the hall.

Edited by mondello
Add

You will have to book 1 adult and 1 kid in each room for Carnival to even accept the reservation. Then you have to hope Carnival doesn’t move you because you booked a cabin for 2 that accommodates 4.

Didn’t mention the kids age could they both sleep on the pull out sofa , if you were moved?

That would be the biggest concern.

36 minutes ago, MCC retired said:

Booking a quad Balcony for only 2 guests may be your biggest challenge .

Then keeping it until sailing is another challenge .

You could be relocated to a double occ Balcony distant from that Inside cabin?

But the original intent is just to save money, OP said they wanted to stay in one cabin. I'm assuming the kids are pretty young?

18 hours ago, thewynn said:

I have cruised on Carnival before and I think this would work but is there anything I’m not thinking of that would make this an issue:

We are a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids) and currently it would actually be cheaper for us to book 2 people in a balcony and 2 people in an inside stateroom than for us to all 4 be reserved in a single balcony. Could we book it like that and link the reservations but actually all stay in the balcony room as a family?

Thanks

You can easily book two adjoining rooms. You book one with one child and your wife books the other with the other child. Done. Adjoining rooms. Stay in what ever rooms you want.

41 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

You can easily book two adjoining rooms. You book one with one child and your wife books the other with the other child. Done. Adjoining rooms. Stay in what ever rooms you want.

Where are they going to find a balcony with an adjoining inside?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1