For any Canadians out there, have any of you have a COVID test in Florida pre cruise

traceytd

2 minutes ago, K_e_short said:

omg 🤣 I guess I forgot I started this post a little while ago. Can you tell I’m stressed lol.

thanks for reminding me. 
I don’t care about any of the other protocols when it comes to cruising. I can deal with them. The only one I can’t deal with is the fact that I might not be able to find a test pre embarkation.

i have to chill out🤪🤪🤪 LOL

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, traceytd said:

omg 🤣 I guess I forgot I started this post a little while ago. Can you tell I’m stressed lol.

thanks for reminding me. 
I don’t care about any of the other protocols when it comes to cruising. I can deal with them. The only one I can’t deal with is the fact that I might not be able to find a test pre embarkation.

i have to chill out🤪🤪🤪 LOL

i actually didn't notice you had started the thread 🙂

I just remembered someone asking that question.

i know that we are getting new members finding this part of the website so thats why I thought the question had been asked before.

I’ve got the same question. We’re booked for a cruise in February and I’m trying to decide whether or not to cancel it. 
Our plan was to fly down 2 days early, but that means getting tested before the flight & then again in Florida (assuming we can figure out how to do that) or we change it to flying in same day, so we only test once and use the results for both flight & cruise. I hate the idea of flying in the same day though. 

1 hour ago, FawnRiver said:

I’ve got the same question. We’re booked for a cruise in February and I’m trying to decide whether or not to cancel it. 
Our plan was to fly down 2 days early, but that means getting tested before the flight & then again in Florida (assuming we can figure out how to do that) or we change it to flying in same day, so we only test once and use the results for both flight & cruise. I hate the idea of flying in the same day though. 

Split the difference and fly in 1 day early. If your cruise is on Sunday, get your test at home on Friday, fly in on Saturday and board on Sunday. You test will be good for both the flight and the cruise. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FawnRiver said:

I'm trying to book the 8th in New Brunswick for a cruise on the 10th in Fort Lauderdale. I need a back up plan if this doesn’t work. I’m not cancelling this cruise if it kills me. I need a vacay. A cruise vacay.😎🙏🙏🛳🚢🥂🍻❤️🥳

Reading celebrity website they will provide a PCR test for us Canadians to return home which is the requirement of the Canadian govt - it cannot be an antigen.  We have a b2b as of 06 Nov 21 out of Fll but our flights are leaving YYC on the 4 early AM so now our problem is trying to get an antigen test for Celebrity to board-due to Celebrity change from the 72 hrs prior to embarkation down to 48 hrs which is also the window for being able to cancel the cruise.  (Had planned for testing at home on the 3Nov) who wants to travel out of province to find out they have an issue with COVID testing. I am thinking Celebrity doesn’t want us CDN on board..LOL., I am starting to feel that this b2b won’t happen.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, smrgrl said:

Reading celebrity website they will provide a PCR test for us Canadians to return home which is the requirement of the Canadian govt - it cannot be an antigen.  We have a b2b as of 06 Nov 21 out of Fll but our flights are leaving YYC on the 4 early AM so now our problem is trying to get an antigen test for Celebrity to board-due to Celebrity change from the 72 hrs prior to embarkation down to 48 hrs which is also the window for being able to cancel the cruise.  (Had planned for testing at home on the 3Nov) who wants to travel out of province to find out they have an issue with COVID testing. I am thinking Celebrity doesn’t want us CDN on board..LOL., I am starting to feel that this b2b won’t happen.  

Celebrity is working on days, not hours, so your test can be taken up to two days before embarkation. That means at any time on the 4th, 5th or 6th.

The key question is how early is your flight on the 4th? YYC has a test facility operated by Numi Health, but it doesn't open until 8:00 AM. Another option would be a 24/7 Shoppers, which would be ok assuming that your flight was at around 3:00 AM or later. If it's a red-eye and leaves just after midnight, you would need to look for a second test in Florida.

28 minutes ago, smrgrl said:

We are doing a B2B on October 29 (Friday) and Nov 7 on the Equinox out of Fort Lauderdale.  We will get our test Wednesday morning at Shopper's Drug Mart and we leave that night on the red eye.  We get to Fort Lauderdale Thursday afternoon and the ship on Friday.  The Shoppers $40 rapid antigen test will be good for both the flight and cruise (unless anything changes further between now and then!).

EDIT:  We do sometimes like that extra day before the cruise in Florida, but now with testing, we will just go down one day before, so we can get the test at home.

Edited by AlbertaCruisers

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Munday said:

I bookmarked this website from another forum I was reading, but I don’t remember which one. See the tab on the website marked virtual testing - coming in October 2021.

https://rapidtestandtrace.ca

Hopefully these will be accepted by US and other countries. Wish we could use them coming home too.

2 minutes ago, Liverpoolfan181 said:

Really?? Hmmm didn't get that far. I do have a U.S credit card but man hope this gets easier for international travelers

Is your card linked to a zip code, that's what tripped me up?  The online ordering won't accept postal codes for the billing address.  I called the help line but they could not help as the tests must be ordered online.

7 minutes ago, Liverpoolfan181 said:

This would be a gamechanger! Thank you for sharing. Bookmarked!

Maybe I’m not reading this correctly but I’m not sure they’ll be that useful for travel unless you live near one of the sites offering drive through tests.  I must be missing something.  

1 minute ago, Josie201 said:

Maybe I’m not reading this correctly but I’m not sure they’ll be that useful for travel unless you live near one of the sites offering drive through tests.  I must be missing something.  

There is now a virtual testing tab in the link with details to come mid October. A proctored test by a telehealth personnel. Basically the Canadian version of the Abbott/Binax tests.  

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, CruiserRob said:

Is your card linked to a zip code, that's what tripped me up?  The online ordering won't accept postal codes for the billing address.  I called the help line but they could not help as the tests must be ordered online.

Another problem. Using the US Abbott BinaxNOW™ COVID-19 Antigen Card Home Test with eMed Telehealth Services requires the downloading of the NAVICA app. It’s not available on the Canadian versions of the App Store or Google Play.

2 hours ago, Munday said:

Another problem. Using the US Abbott BinaxNOW™ COVID-19 Antigen Card Home Test with eMed Telehealth Services requires the downloading of the NAVICA app. It’s not available on the Canadian versions of the App Store or Google Play.

Ugh. So right now unless this Canadian virtual testing takes off, we are at the mercy of trying to secure an appt at a pharmacy in the US.or test at the pier

2 hours ago, Munday said:

An iPhone allows you to change your Country/Region. That should allow you to download NAVICA from the US App Store. Once it has been downloaded, switch back to Canadian settings. I've not done so, but I believe it's feasible. 

• Like 1

Check the airport you are landing at . Fort Lauderdale and Miami both have clinics that do rapid PCR and rapid antigen tests. Miami in the domestic departures  and Fort Lauderdale at baggage claim terminal 3 .

you can take a rapid antigen here in Canada to get to the states and then get a rapid antigen test as soon as you arrive at the airport . Results for antigen in half an hour . That would cover you for the cruise. 
you an actually book an appt to get the test when you arrive . Just go to airport website . 

• Like 1