9/18/2021 - We made it

dexddd

45 minutes ago, dexddd said:

DD got to go.  DS just started college so he was unable to go and he misses being on the ship.   This ship only has three cabanas by the TSL pool.  We were told we could request one ahead of time but did not do so today.  We went up to pool area and Bryan the pool server said your cabana is waiting.  We had one on the Seaside which has like 8 or 10 of them so it was nice.  Cooler was already stocked.

Not sure if you saw but we go on Divinia 9/26 hopefully for 4 days.  We'll miss you by a couple days.

We took our first MSC in 2017 on Divinia.  It is a smaller version of this ship except the restaurant is in the back.  When we sailed we had a Royal and our DS and his friend had one of those square rooms, they are nice and have a closest you can walk in as I recall.  The Royals on that ship are ok but we went with a Family Executive type on deck 12 - wanted to try something different.

Secrets, we'll supposedly Arthur is working in the YC restaurant or somewhere in YC which would be great.  That guy makes the energizer bunny look like a zombie.  The other, and it doesn't probably matter so much now with lighter loads, but to get to the restaurant we found it easiest to go down to first public stateroom deck, zip to the back, then up stairs to Le Muse.  You can go up and outside though too.  The first night the butler may take you down to the main atrium deck and then back up but that can be busy.

Oh...too bad we will miss you on the Divina!  What other cruises do you have booked in the future?  We have a B2B NCL Bliss in April.

Thanks for the tips you gave.  There is one RS still available (16008) on our cruise.  The upgrade bid is higher than booking outright.  I keep toying with booking it, but not sure we really NEED it, lol.

Hope you are having a blast!

1 hour ago, jvsnana said:

Oh...too bad we will miss you on the Divina!  What other cruises do you have booked in the future?  We have a B2B NCL Bliss in April.

Thanks for the tips you gave.  There is one RS still available (16008) on our cruise.  The upgrade bid is higher than booking outright.  I keep toying with booking it, but not sure we really NEED it, lol.

Hope you are having a blast!

Other than Divinia next week we booked Prima on the first TA next Sept.  The Haven sold out in like 1.5 days.  We might do something in Jan/Feb with mom but she is a bit worried.

So for YC crew, the only person we seemed to have met before is Glen who is always friendly.  Learning new names.  Rakeesh is our butler and is superb.  He is from Mauritius too and has worked with Vishnu.  Praveen is assistant.  Then there is Kassius (messes with us because sometimes he wears glasses and others not), Gracie, Algnello (don't hold me to spelling - I'm bad with names).  Everyone has been great.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, phissy said:

That looks like James Bond.

So Rakeesh just brought down drinks.  Said tomorrow we have cabana #2 and rest of week we have a cabana and he'll let us know which one.  I'm not normally a big cabana type person but it is nice with the extra shade.

• Like 1

Just now, dexddd said:

That looks like James Bond.

So Rakeesh just brought down drinks.  Said tomorrow we have cabana #2 and rest of week we have a cabana and he'll let us know which one.  I'm not normally a big cabana type person but it is nice with the extra shade.

Ha Ha, thanks.

I agree, it is nice to have the shade . With Covid, thought it was nice to have some privacy and seclusion. The staff are always wonderful.

6 minutes ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Hi Dex,  

Are you, by any chance, in 12001???  If you are…how do you like it compared to RS???

Divina ?     Those are Executive Suites

On Meraviglia  now….Pretty sure cabin is RS.  Just guessing😉

Edited by phissy

2 hours ago, dexddd said:

DD got to go.  DS just started college so he was unable to go and he misses being on the ship.   This ship only has three cabanas by the TSL pool.  We were told we could request one ahead of time but did not do so today.  We went up to pool area and Bryan the pool server said your cabana is waiting.  We had one on the Seaside which has like 8 or 10 of them so it was nice.  Cooler was already stocked.

Not sure if you saw but we go on Divinia 9/26 hopefully for 4 days.  We'll miss you by a couple days.

We took our first MSC in 2017 on Divinia.  It is a smaller version of this ship except the restaurant is in the back.  When we sailed we had a Royal and our DS and his friend had one of those square rooms, they are nice and have a closest you can walk in as I recall.  The Royals on that ship are ok but we went with a Family Executive type on deck 12 - wanted to try something different.

Secrets, we'll supposedly Arthur is working in the YC restaurant or somewhere in YC which would be great.  That guy makes the energizer bunny look like a zombie.  The other, and it doesn't probably matter so much now with lighter loads, but to get to the restaurant we found it easiest to go down to first public stateroom deck, zip to the back, then up stairs to Le Muse.  You can go up and outside though too.  The first night the butler may take you down to the main atrium deck and then back up but that can be busy.

See you on 9/26, YC as well. We’ve posted in a lot of threads on here over last 18mos, be good to see you! Did you say Arthur is on Divina???? Man that would be awesome, we left him in Feb of 2020 on Mera and then it all shut down. It would be amazing to see him again!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Hi Dex,  

Are you, by any chance, in 12001???  If you are…how do you like it compared to RS???

On Mera, no.  We looked at those but took the RS since we missed it last March by one week.  Those duplex look nice.  We are set to visit one tomorrow.

We talked to staff today about it.  The one thing I never thought/connected was the duplex they say have no air movement on balcony and I'd have to say I thought there was a lot of glass on the front possibly to the top of second story.  I think that is the issue.

Confirmed on deck 13 of duplex it is fire exit only no back entry to room.   YC as of Thurs. p.m. was only 60% full from room count.   Some moves but I'd say no more than 2/3 full since my last check and sailing.

3 hours ago, phissy said:

Divina ?     Those are Executive Suites

On Meraviglia  now….Pretty sure cabin is RS.  Just guessing😉

Right.  If all goes well and we can get on Divinia we are in Executive suite.  I know no balcony but not issue.  We have been in 16008 on Divinia before and it is a nice room but not a big mover for us.  When we went, the Executives were not part of YC.  First bid was basic same price as normal.  Then 2nd and 3rd bid more than double and crazy.   We'll go for change of venue.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Thanks Phissy.  I thought he was on Divina…my error.  

Hopefully on 9/26 pending and getting tests and then we are in 12002 Divinia.  Any ?s let us know.  The Execs all got booked up early and we got one of the smaller ones for 9/26.  Right now on Mera.   We'd done b2b on Mera but at time of booking CDC no go.

3 hours ago, BoundForSea said:

See you on 9/26, YC as well. We’ve posted in a lot of threads on here over last 18mos, be good to see you! Did you say Arthur is on Divina???? Man that would be awesome, we left him in Feb of 2020 on Mera and then it all shut down. It would be amazing to see him again!

I saw one post before Divinia sailed saying Arthur was on Divinia.  It was from a person here with normally inside contacts.  

See you then hopefully.  Were you the one in Hawaii last year or was that MichiganBound?

5 hours ago, dexddd said:

Hopefully on 9/26 pending and getting tests and then we are in 12002 Divinia.  Any ?s let us know.  The Execs all got booked up early and we got one of the smaller ones for 9/26.  Right now on Mera.   We'd done b2b on Mera but at time of booking CDC no go.

We loved 12001 on Divina…big suite and great bathroom.  IMO better than RS.  Looks like you’ll be in the middle suite.  Hopefully the same bath as 12001 and 12003.  We did not miss the balcony one bit.  The forward views from the floor to ceiling windows more than made up for the lack of balcony.  We also liked the seclusion and the easy access to the rest of the ship.

So yesterday DD signed the waivers, got the band, and did the slides.  The toilet bowl one I had not seen exactly where you end up.  So you get flushed into the bowl, go around a couple times, and then become a floater. There is then stairs you walk down.  The other two you use tubes and snake back to the main water park area.  We didn't have to sign up even though we saw it mentioned.  One guy had a counter so maybe if below count they let you in.  They operate for 45 minutes than sanitize.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DFMW said:

Was the Chef's Table offered on your cruise?

I'd have to check.  To be honest, I haven't read a Daily on a ship in a long time.  DD does though, I'll ask her.  I will bring all home to scan though.  I know there is pretty much a bar and some food whenever so I'm good.

2 hours ago, DFMW said:

Was the Chef's Table offered on your cruise?

• Like 1

So today we did the Flavors of Jamaica which we were set to do last March.  It was fun.  Tractor and jitney a bit sketchy but a fun and nice day.

We were in cabana 2 today which I realized doesn't have the sun panels (nor does #3) like #1.  I like the extra sun protection but YMMV and where sun is at affects things too.  Be advised that the YC smoking section is port side in the back and you'll get it blowing around which can be annoying if you are sensitive.  I'll post pictures of panels some time.