Vaxxed, waxed,masked,relaxed-Divina Live

maureencruiser

Steve was going out on the submarine, which was right next door.

IMG_4368.thumb.JPG.7e32dbf1fca146b250b7b8ff5e21f37a.JPG

The coconut shrimp ended up being the star of the show.  It was so sweet if you ate it plain or the sauce made it taste like Bang Bang Shrimp from Bonefish Grill.

IMG_4372.thumb.JPG.65e624effd26884374d67a5fa6158dd3.JPG

Somehow, miraculously, it doesn’t appear I took any pictures of my drinks, unless I took them on my phone or they’re still taking 288 hours to download.  

But, I remember Dirty Monkeys, Pina Coladas, Miami Vices.  And, that’s just what I remember!

• Like 4

Tom Brady’s new team.

IMG_4373.thumb.JPG.91db68fe86d5f03f292de58dd1365e51.JPG

This is how close we are to International pier.

IMG_4375.thumb.JPG.e2f8aed68b0c96ba9e9f07523797b03d.JPG

I guess if they’re crowded, they put people along the side.  You can see some people swimming in the ocean.  The maximum they will take is 50 people, adults only.  I’d say we had about 20.

IMG_4377.thumb.JPG.a046261d4fd0f00cea6afc106d6d3934.JPG

The view from the bathroom.

IMG_4378.thumb.JPG.397b61cd46e69e424ab85a1294990185.JPG

Finally, around 4, we packed it in and they called us a taxi.

The other three went shopping near the pier and the taxi driver dropped me off at a “secret entrance”  so I wouldn’t have to walk 10 miles to get back to the ship.

Home sweet home.

IMG_4381.thumb.JPG.3fe0011edc8349cdbd976986235509ec.JPG

• Like 4

Goodbye, Cozumel!

IMG_4382.thumb.JPG.bc83ac0c02b2c660185c952c8cf495e9.JPG

The color of the water in Cozumel makes my heart sing.

IMG_4383.thumb.JPG.1c6f2bd53f03b415f1ce827e4a073c88.JPG

My heart.

IMG_4386.thumb.JPG.3133a833855b646c3e1fa2f23eb7e040.JPG

Dinner that night was Caribbean themed.

I’ll just show you the highlights.

Fisherman’s platter.

IMG_4392.thumb.JPG.b1ff098185f95a0a87940ce1356c0867.JPG

Jerk chicken.

IMG_4393.thumb.JPG.d0339d8efb9bc147fd7be516b8e7125b.JPG

Rumcake with coconut ice cream.

IMG_4395.thumb.JPG.aadccff4be3f6e181b779aa6eeb49238.JPG

The show that night was a crew talent show, very entertaining.  My next pictures are still downloading.  

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, maureencruiser said:

Their menu- hot snacks.  No charge for us.

IMG_4361.thumb.JPG.5e53a6891237d405946627e162d349d3.JPG

Cold snacks.

IMG_4362.thumb.JPG.9818a621b012532c4114106639fa27fc.JPG

Drinks.

IMG_4364.thumb.JPG.6060ae373725a0e789932bf64658f0c2.JPG

We hadn’t been there long when we ordered some chicken wings. They were very tasty.  Pay no attention to that other chicken leg, that’s my new friend, Tim.

IMG_4365.thumb.JPG.b4054c7d4aa1a92945438792ca458772.JPG

Tim and Janet had found me on the beach at Ocean Cay and basically took charge in making sure I was not left behind to live out my life on OC.  They helped get me out of my lounger, which was no small feat and flagged down a tram for me.  They carried my backpack when I was struggling and could not have been lovelier.

IMG_4366.thumb.JPG.e28636e5b6745d1078a830cb70879c08.JPG

They didn’t have any plans for Cozumel, so, I told them about Del Mar and soon a plan was hatched.  They ended up loving it as much as I did.

Awww....what nice people Tim and Janet are!!

Great find on the Del Mar Beach club!  And great price too!

Cozumel and it's beautiful blue water!!  Sigh....wish I was there!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, maureencruiser said:

Tim and Janet had found me on the beach at Ocean Cay and basically took charge in making sure I was not left behind to live out my life on OC.  They helped get me out of my lounger, which was no small feat and flagged down a tram for me.  They carried my backpack when I was struggling and could not have been lovelier.

What a amazingly nice couple to take you under their wing. Are they Canadian?😉

Edit, that coconut sprinkle looks spectacular.

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, styles27 said:

Even Cozumel looks deserted.  Yikes!

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/cruise-ship-color-status.html

Just noticed that Divina is showing up as “orange” on cdc’s site.☹️

Have you heard or seen any evidence of that @maureencruiser?

The Oasis RC ship are “orange” and sailing. I have a friend onboard for a B2B disembarking tomorrow and they have not reported anything out of the normal. Fingers crossed for Maureen.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

The Oasis RC ship are “orange” and sailing. I have a friend onboard for a B2B disembarking tomorrow and they have not reported anything out of the normal. Fingers crossed for Maureen.

That’s good to hear about your friends on Oasis.
I was surprised to see that Divina is orange since it’s only the 2nd or 3rd voyage with passengers, and so few passengers. 
Just the nature of the times I suppose. 

I just found this review and I am loving it!!  I am hoping to go on an MSC cruise in November.   It will be my first one with MSC so your review is providing so much information. 

I hope that our paths cross on a cruise sometime because I know that we would have a blast.  

Enjoy yourself!!

• Like 1

On 9/19/2021 at 8:45 AM, Yorkvillain said:

Today I learned that Maureen is waxed, doesn’t wear a bra and only wears thongs (thongs, flip flops whatever). 

Looking forward to people posting in about 72 hours: “where did Maureen go? She hasn’t posted in a few days! I hope she’s ok!” 

Nailed it. 

it's over 40 hours now .....🤔

🤣

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/25/2021 at 9:18 AM, styles27 said:

Even Cozumel looks deserted.  Yikes!

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/cruise-ship-color-status.html

Just noticed that Divina is showing up as “orange” on cdc’s site.☹️

Have you heard or seen any evidence of that @maureencruiser?

It was really odd to me that the ranking goes green, orange, yellow, red, grey.  So orange means that there were some reported COVID 19 cases but they are below the threshold for CDC investigation.  I would have thought yellow was the 2nd stage but yellow means they had COVID 19 cases ABOVE the threshold.  So orange is not too bad. 

Looks like I picked a bad time to start the habit of licking handrails....

• Haha 3

I really enjoyed Maureen's review, pictures and everything.  We leave Thurs on the Divina and this helped me alleviate a lot of concern about my first MSC cruise.  I join the chorus of happy birthdays and just want to again extend my thanks.  

Tomorrow I have to be tested for COVID prior to the cruise and although I have no reason to be worried (handrail licking aside) it is so scary to think that I may suddenly not be able to go.  Anyone else have that unreasonable fear before a simple test?  Been tested before so not worried about the test, I just do not want to miss getting to go on another cruise!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, wgeddings said:

It was really odd to me that the ranking goes green, orange, yellow, red, grey.  So orange means that there were some reported COVID 19 cases but they are below the threshold for CDC investigation.  I would have thought yellow was the 2nd stage but yellow means they had COVID 19 cases ABOVE the threshold.  So orange is not too bad. 

I agree the color sequence is odd and as I used to say to my little grandson, keep your tongue in your mouth lol

• Like 2

Hey. y'all!  I am back, trying to unpack, do laundry.  I want to go through my photos, because I'm missing some, duplicates of others, etc.  My feet and ankles are swollen up to the size of tree trunks, God bless flip flops.  I thought I was doing so well, avoiding sodium by drinking bottled water, I forgot the MDR.  I was drinking 4 glasses of tap water every night at dinner when I could have brought my bottled water.  Dumbassery!  Oh well, When I knew better, I did better.  I'll be back later with updates.  Thanks for all the birthday love, I don't feel a day over 110.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, wgeddings said:

I just got off the Millennium on 10 September.  They too have the Orange designation. I have not read the CDC info on the color codes. But we did speak to the captain at a Chef's Table dinner. What he told us it also means there are still people in isolation, onboard the ship, completing the mandatory 2 week quarantine.  This could be covid related, both passengers and crew. But also new crew, who still had time in isolation. The ship did not have any positive cases of covid while we were on it, but did have many replacement crew and even officers completing their 14 day quarantine.  Included was virtual training, regular testing and other protocols. This was a Celebrity cruise and I have no idea about MSC. But my guess is this is also taking place on every ship that's out there. And once everyone is out of quarantine, the CDC reevaluate the ship. If a covid case comes along, the captain said he has to make it known publicly and must start a CDC process for dealing with it.

A week before our cruise, there was someone who had symptoms and tested positive, even though being vaxed. They did contact tracing and the person and their family off loaded at the next port, where they had a place to quarantine arranged. Like I said this was Celebrity. And we were cruising Alaska.  

• Like 3

What sailfish said.  Yes, we never heard of any cases, but, we had several decks of new crew quarantining, ready to come out in 2 weeks, as I assume the CDC lets them increase passenger capacity.  Some people were mad that they didn't have all the provisions, entertainment options, etc.  This dumfounded me because they just got approval from the CDC to sail on September 10.  They were between a rock and a hard place.  Bring everything aboard and get denied or be more cautious ?  Steve did the sushi dinner at Galaxie.  He was surprised they didn't advertise it or even have it listed on the daily .  We found out it's because they didn't have ALL the sushi things., like Green tea ice cream,  So, they're not promoting it yet, but, if you come looking, you can book it.  

• Like 3

Dang, I posted a really long response to the question about Del Mar over an hour ago and it appears to have disappeared into the ether.  Maybe the mods are scrutinizing it, searching for clues to buried treasure or something?  Mods, can you see my post, was it not allowed for some reason?  I don't think I said anything naughty.  

6 minutes ago, maureencruiser said:

Dang, I posted a really long response to the question about Del Mar over an hour ago and it appears to have disappeared into the ether.  Maybe the mods are scrutinizing it, searching for clues to buried treasure or something?  Mods, can you see my post, was it not allowed for some reason?  I don't think I said anything naughty.  

Yes, I made a new profile pick recently over similar.😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/26/2021 at 6:16 PM, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

Nailed it. 

it's over 40 hours now .....🤔

🤣

Sigh...... Everyone's a critic.......sigh

5 hours ago, waterbabyfish said:

Do you remember how much the cab was to del mar? Really enjoyed your posts!

Yes, waterbaby, Steve, Tim and Janet picked up the tab both ways because I was busy being birthed out of the cab by the cab driver and a team of bystanders, but, I believe I heard it was $10 plus tip.  This was all part of my earlier, deleted post.  I'll try to remember what I said and rewrite the gist of it, but, let me finish the actual review first.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2