Symphony Booking 2 Rooms, clicking connecting rooms but then choosing for them to pick your room.

mashisback

I am looking at booking a cruise on Symphony of the seas, 2 rooms.

Ideally I want 2 connecting rooms, ocean view Balcony. 

If I select this specifically it is going to cost nearly $2000 more than just choosing for RC to choose which balcony rooms I have.

so if when booking I select:

Include connecting rooms? Yes

Connecting rooms. - 

We offer, where available, two rooms connecting with a door in between so you can stay even closer to your group.

but then if I choose for both balcony rooms: We pick your room

So, a couple of questions.

1. If I choose this option, are they going to try get me connecting balcony rooms or will it just be completely random?

2. failing them being connecting, do they try to get them next to each other... or at least very close?

3. what are the chances of them selecting ocean view balcony? it there any way to give myself a better chance of this without paying 2k more to ensure it?

4. any peoples experience of similar would be appreciate

Thanks

44 minutes ago, mashisback said:

So, a couple of questions.

1. If I choose this option, are they going to try get me connecting balcony rooms or will it just be completely random?

2. failing them being connecting, do they try to get them next to each other... or at least very close?

3. what are the chances of them selecting ocean view balcony? it there any way to give myself a better chance of this without paying 2k more to ensure it?

4. any peoples experience of similar would be appreciate

Thanks

It is completely random. When you choose to include connecting rooms in your search you are only asking the system to show you availability of these. From the second you go for the "We choose your room" option, the connecting rooms part becomes irrelevant. In fact, you could even find yourselves allocated to two connecting rooms but in different areas of the ship and which are connected to complete strangers' rooms. They will also not make any effort to give you rooms together or close to each other. On the one occasion we booked a guarantee room for a party of four, one couple got a forward-facing room on deck 7 at the very front of the ship, while the other got a midships room on deck 3. 

So, if you want connecting ocean view balcony rooms, the only way to avoid disappointment is to pay the premium.

As an alternative, does it absolutely have to be Symphony? That tends to be the most expensive of the Oasis class ships. Could you consider going on Oasis instead, which also sails from Miami and is often cheaper?

• Thanks 1