FOOD: Windstar vs. Oceania

LB_NJ

25 minutes ago, Strenz said:

I hope the music is not in the sail boats. I was on the Breeze when they first bought her, music dreadful. I complained, probably only thing I complained about with WS ever. What is wrong with quiet?

Are they afraid you'll hear the sound of the waves?  Why do they think we're cruising???

58 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Are they afraid you'll hear the sound of the waves?  Why do they think we're cruising???

We had one previous itin where someone decided to make like a thousand announcements IN THE CABINS daily like “bingo is now starting the the compass rose.”  Like the big ships. Really annoying. That went on my evaluation and stopped, thank goodness. They do listen. 

13 minutes ago, milepig said:

We had one previous itin where someone decided to make like a thousand announcements IN THE CABINS daily like “bingo is now starting the the compass rose.”  Like the big ships. Really annoying. That went on my evaluation and stopped, thank goodness. They do listen. 

That sounds like Carnival!  Glad you complained and that they listened.

11 hours ago, milepig said:

If you are interested in quiet relaxation, Do note that WS is now piping music through the entire ship 24x7. So much for just sitting and  watching the waves. We persuaded them to turn it off in Yacht Club at least, but we were told that the new music policy came from corporate. It’s going on our evaluation. 

Oh no. They've badly misjudged their customer base. Please include in your evaluation that I hate it too. :-)

I wonder if that is simply on the motor yachts. Horrid no matter what ship. i remember when I went on the Breeze when she was first bought there was non stop music and I complained, I have never had reason to moan but that did it for me. What is wrong with tranquility and the silence of the ocean? Happy Sailing