New Mariner Perk For All Levels Being Announced Tommorow.

aliaschief

3 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

I’m disappointed in the new Mariner “perk”.  I had hoped HAL would give more to 5* loyal customers.   

5* don’t get much IMO.  A lowly $30 discount on internet (or whatever it works out to be) and a couple of free PG dinners.  

The best benefits go to 4* and there is no priority to 5* over 4* for tenders.

It is what it is, I guess.   But I for one, am not thrilled with the 5* benefits nor the fight you have at times (not always) to get the “free” PG dinner.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, kazu said:

5* don’t get much IMO.  A lowly $30 discount on internet (or whatever it works out to be) and a couple of free PG dinners.  

The best benefits go to 4* and there is no priority to 5* over 4* for tenders.

It is what it is, I guess.   But I for one, am not thrilled with the 5* benefits nor the fight you have at times (not always) to get the “free” PG dinner.

Exactly….I’m not a 5* and I find it terrible they aren’t rewarded more.   There is no incentive at all for us to move from our 4* to 5*.   

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

Exactly….I’m not a 5* and I find it terrible they aren’t rewarded more.   There is no incentive at all for us to move from our 4* to 5*.   

Totally agree. I'm just a few days short of 5* and quite content with my 4* benefits.  Free laundry and half price wine package is all I need!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, T8NCruise said:

Totally agree. I'm just a few days short of 5* and quite content with my 4* benefits.  Free laundry and half price wine package is all I need!

If COVID hadn’t happened we’d be 5* but it doesn’t interest me.  I like our 4* perks but I honestly think it’s a huge disappointment for 5*.   I really had thought they would improve something in 5* perks but sadly, no.  

1 minute ago, canadianbear said:

If COVID hadn’t happened we’d be 5* but it doesn’t interest me.  I like our 4* perks but I honestly think it’s a huge disappointment for 5*.   I really had thought they would improve something in 5* perks but sadly, no.  

I’m sure someone will come up with that old nugget that we don’t spend like newbies.  Maybe some people don’t but I still spend plenty.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

I’m disappointed in the new Mariner “perk”.  I had hoped HAL would give more to 5* loyal customers.   

37 minutes ago, kazu said:

But I for one, am not thrilled with the 5* benefits nor the fight you have at times (not always) to get the “free” PG dinner.

In Sept my roommate had to “fight” to get her PG dinner, it was mostly booked up (HIA?). But the worst was when she tried to get her free day pass for the spa and was told it was only for ONE hour! 😳😡

3 minutes ago, dobiemom said:

In Sept my roommate had to “fight” to get her PG dinner, it was mostly booked up (HIA?). But the worst was when she tried to get her free day pass for the spa and was told it was only for ONE hour! 😳😡

I don’t even bother with the spa benefit since it’s only on port days IME.  I’m off the ship and exploring.

It’s a useless benefit for me unless you are doing an itinerary where you can stay on the ship.  We typically don’t do those itineraries 😉 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I’m sure someone will come up with that old nugget that we don’t spend like newbies.  Maybe some people don’t but I still spend plenty.

Lol. Yes, I’m sure HAL is looking for “young blood” who they hope spend more and become loyal but who knows.  

1 minute ago, canadianbear said:

Lol. Yes, I’m sure HAL is looking for “young blood” who they hope spend more and become loyal but who knows.  

And they need too but if I was say 30 years old hal would hold very little attraction.  That said they are going in the right direction with newer ships.  

Well, my new benefit is a free drink that everyone gets.  I already had a wine tasting that does me no good since I hate wine.  And actually, I lost ( as did the 5*) as we only get 25% off at Sal De Mer now , and I never even got to go once yet.  I may not bother to go for a long time as I have a one week cruise coming up, and assuming i actually go one my 2023 Asia cruise, I already have 3 free Pinnacle dinners, so I doubt I want a Sal De Mer as well. I am just happy they didn't take away my free laundry and my priority tendering!

• Like 1

And how are we getting priority check in if we are assigned times to come to the pier?  I see, I get my special little window to check in when I come at my assigned time.   But in spite of me paying double fare (which is really more like 4 times now compared to pre-COVID), I only get $100!  Wow-that's fair. At the way that HAL is now marketing cruises, I see them losing a bunch of solo cruisers.  I don't mind paying a fair price; I don't even mind paying a bit of an inflated price, but when you are asking me to spend $3000 for a week long Caribbean cruise, that's when I go to land trips instead.  

• Like 2