Live From Majestic Princess - The Sept. 26th Last Alaska cruise of 2021 Season

farsight

5 hours ago, trey420 said:

Then ended the day with a great pre roll from the Alaskan kush company great people and friendly budtender there gave me a awesome strain called hillbilly, a selection that I consumed before getting on board. 

Mazel Tov! Can you partake in public?

3 minutes ago, Rabbi-Reefer said:

Mazel Tov! Can you partake in public?

Budtender said you're not even supposed to smoke cigs in public.  But find a quiet place away from folks and no one really cares.  I used the end of a pier with a closed store nobody came by and preroll was probably a half gram so a quick burn.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Alaskanb said:

Do you know if they use MSG in the food at the Harmony restaurant? Thanks

Honestly I think they probably use it in more than just the Chinese food.  I have la mer tonight.  Harmony seems in low demand when I try to book specialty restaurants the grill and French place have no openings, but harmony is always available.  If they made it 15 bucks I'd try it but but 30 for Mongolian beef, and general Tso chicken ain't gonna work for me.

6 minutes ago, trey420 said:

Honestly I think they probably use it in more than just the Chinese food.  I have la mer tonight.  Harmony seems in low demand when I try to book specialty restaurants the grill and French place have no openings, but harmony is always available.  If they made it 15 bucks I'd try it but but 30 for Mongolian beef, and general Tso chicken ain't gonna work for me.

not to mention, there's a section of about 4-6 items that are another $12-15 on top of the restaurant charge. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TM said:

Why are you not stopping in Ketchikan?

I read the other day that a bad storm is approaching that would make the return trip to Seattle pretty rough. Sounds like it's showing up early.

26 minutes ago, TM said:

Why are you not stopping in Ketchikan?

Rough weather.

But they are refunding us 35% of cruise fare toward a future cruise credit.  Plus an additional $100 of stateroom credit.  They are making a superior effort and keeping us safe.  And most are still having a wonderful time.

• Like 13

We are having a great time!!  Bummer on no Ketchikan but we love sea days and as long as I don't get seasick it is no biggie for us.  Had some killer s'mores yesterday in Juneau at Captains S'mores and brew.  Highly recommend.  Great morning in the Hollywood Conservatory.  Beautiful views and a great time with new friends.  Loving the Enclave and since I grew up in the 70s I am staying up too late watching The Love Boat on TV for a bit of nostalgia.  lol. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, tplombardo said:

Rough weather.

But they are refunding us 35% of cruise fare toward a future cruise credit.  Plus an additional $100 of stateroom credit.  They are making a superior effort and keeping us safe.  And most are still having a wonderful time.

That would be $100 per guest! Mike drop by Princess!!!

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, Sea Emerald said:

S'mores.  Graham waffle bottom, homemade marshmallow, banana, Reese's peanut butter, chocolate drizzle.  The other one is same bottom and marshmallow, bacon and maple glaze.  Killer good.

IMG_20210929_195344.jpg

IMG_20210929_195354.jpg

Normally when I reply to posts with photos, I delete them to save space and scrolling.  

But THIS!!!  Just toooo yummy looking!!!  I want to eat my laptop screen. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, trey420 said:

Well this is officially a one stop cruise. No Ketchikan. 😭

So sorry to hear that. I think I was just very lucky to be on the cruise right before yours. Although the weather was petty bad last week also, it mostly happened at night and at sea. The sea was probably not as rough as yours also. When I was in Skagway and Ketchikan, there was even a lot of sun. Just a week apart makes a huge difference. I guess September weather in Alaska is just too unpredictable. 

On 9/28/2021 at 5:05 PM, PescadoAmarillo said:

It has a glass railing. However, the forward view is partially obstructed due to the bridge. 

229B3DFD-4638-4F32-8BCE-582D7B33FF8B.jpeg

07A31B2C-7265-40EE-99A6-DF52D4BBA15E.jpeg

Thank you SO much for the pics.  I hope you have a great rest of your trip and I so appreciate this!

• Like 1

On 9/27/2021 at 12:47 PM, tplombardo said:

Certainly did not request the freebie card.  Just wanted clarification.  As the Service Rep explained, in the past regular coffee has been available at IC .  There was a pour your own pot available - no charge.   COVID made that no longer possible.  The rep spoke to both employees at IC and agreed that they were giving conflicting information.  What @Belleexplained so easily in ten words above could have been explained by the server at IC and there would have been no problem.

It is regrettable that you were misled. Service rep was / is wrong. Drip coffee has always been $1.75 for a small / $2.50 for a large at IC. Unlimited free with coffee card now called coffee program. But on the bright side you now have 15 free drinks (lattes, frapacinos, upgraded tea) in addition to unlimited drip coffee & cocoa. If getting cocoa they make it with water. I ask for extra hot and add a dash of heavy cream 

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2