Question about the new Rotterdam

stephensfamily5

Quickly found this photo of the Lido pool area on the Nieuw Statendam, a sister ship of the new Rotterdam. That area onboard HAL ships is one of our favorite spots for "refueling." The three Pinnacle-class ships do add a partial 2nd deck overhead compared to the Vista-class and Signature-class. With the overhead, it does feel a bit more enclosed.

1007191707a_HDR.thumb.jpg.a24d59797f1f99375f5b772ea9dd0f67.jpg

• Like 3

On the Nieuw Amsterdam and the Eurodam, the starboard covered area is one of the smoking areas, so I never go to that side of the ship as it is always smoky/smelly. 

Is that the same for the Pinnacle-class ships??

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RGEDad said:

On the Nieuw Amsterdam and the Eurodam, the starboard covered area is one of the smoking areas, so I never go to that side of the ship as it is always smoky/smelly. 

Is that the same for the Pinnacle-class ships??

The smoking area is always on the starboard side of the HAL ships , possibly something to do that it is I believe on the opposite side of where the ship is being refuelled . 

4 minutes ago, sailingdutchy said:

The smoking area is always on the starboard side of the HAL ships , possibly something to do that it is I believe on the opposite side of where the ship is being refueled . 

No - I do not think it has to do with bunkering (Fueling). I was just on the Nieuw Amsterdam and the smoking area was on the starboard side, and the ship was docked on the starboard side, and was refueled while in port. I believe when the (or any) ship is being bunkered that is no smoking allowed on any open decks at all - at least that was the case when we were last on a circle Hawaii cruise and bunked in Honolulu.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sailingdutchy said:

The smoking area is always on the starboard side of the HAL ships , possibly something to do that it is I believe on the opposite side of where the ship is being refuelled . 

They can bunker fuel on either side of the ship. I don't recall the that smoking area is ALWAYS on the starboard side of the ship.

On 9/27/2021 at 7:31 AM, stephensfamily5 said:

My husband and I plan to sail on Dec. 12, 2021 on the Rotterdam.  We love to enjoy coffee and a light breakfast on an open back deck if there is one available.  It looks like there is some deck behind the Lido buffet.  Is there seating available there?  

The Pinnacle class ships Koningsdam, Nieuw Statendam and Rotterdam have covered open areas where you can have breakfast, dinner, drinks etc.  We've been on Koningsdam twice, both cruises were incredible. Your going to love Rotterdam.   We're booked on Rotterdam next year, we cannot wait to board her. Have a great time.

On 9/28/2021 at 4:29 AM, CruiserBruce said:

They can bunker fuel on either side of the ship. I don't recall the that smoking area is ALWAYS on the starboard side of the ship.

Sailing Dutchy is correct.  The smoking area is at the Seaview Bar and the tables in that area on all the ships. 

On 9/26/2021 at 5:31 PM, stephensfamily5 said:

My husband and I plan to sail on Dec. 12, 2021 on the Rotterdam.  We love to enjoy coffee and a light breakfast on an open back deck if there is one available.  It looks like there is some deck behind the Lido buffet.  Is there seating available there?  

We will be on Rotterdam on Dec 1, 2021 and are staying onboard for your cruise.  Can't wait to sail the new ship!

Hello, I am curious about the Grand Dutch Cafe,( A La Carte).  Does anyone know how extensive the menu or pricey?  Does the ship serve ice cream outside the Gelato station?  I haven't been on the newer ships and wanted to understand some of the differences.  

13 minutes ago, Ekmalden said:

Hello, I am curious about the Grand Dutch Cafe,( A La Carte).  Does anyone know how extensive the menu or pricey?  Does the ship serve ice cream outside the Gelato station?  I haven't been on the newer ships and wanted to understand some of the differences.  

Here is the Pinnacle-class Grand Dutch Cafe menu from 2019:  Grand Dutch Cafe Menu

Ice Cream is served in the Lido Market most of the day in addition to the Gelato  service for a price.  Here is a link to the 2019 NY Pizza & Deli (free) menu on Deck 10 overlooking the indoor pool:  NY Pizza & Deli Menu

I will be updating my menu collection in November.  Stay tuned.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1