What's your voyage's dress code/theme schedule?

bluemarble

3 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

I have quite a few bookings for '22 and on my Calendars, each day Dress Code just has a circled i and when clicked on, refers me back to the generic 'what to pack' page on the main website.

Have I missed a step out?

@Victoria2 Beside the “i” it should say the type of dress. See below. If it doesn’t tell you then I’d suspect one of two possibilities. Perhaps the UK site is having issues or perhaps they haven’t decided or posted. This is what it looks like on my calendar.

D35BA074-213E-404A-976C-44E5E0B60D2C.png

• Thanks 1

Atlantic Coast And Iberia, 7 nights.

13 Feb - 20 Feb 2022

13-Feb-21  Smart Attire

14-Feb-21  Gala Night - Black and White

15-Feb-21  Smart Attire

16-Feb-21  Smart Attire

17-Feb-21  Smart Attire

18-Feb-21  Gala Night - Roaring 20s

19-Feb-21  Smart Attire

20-Feb-21  Smart Attire

We're off to a great start! I'm gratified by the responses so far in less than 24 hours. Assuming we get enough responses to make it worthwhile, I'll compile the results into a master document to post at some point.

Since we've begun a new browser page, here's a list of the voyages whose dress code/theme schedules have been contributed so far, in case you are wondering if we have the details for your voyage yet.

Voyages contributed so far

QM2

13 Dec - 22 Dec 2021 = Westbound Transatlantic Crossing, 9 Nights (M143)

14 Jan - 11 Feb 2022 = Eastern Caribbean, 28 Nights (M204P)

14 Apr - 24 Apr 2022 = Eastbound Transatlantic Crossing From Fort Lauderdale, 10 Nights (M209J)

01 May - 08 May 2022 = Eastbound Transatlantic Crossing, 7 Nights (M211)

08 May - 15 May 2022 = Westbound Transatlantic Crossing, 7 Nights (M212)

15 May - 22 May 2022 = Eastbound Transatlantic Crossing, 7 Nights (M213)

15 Jul - 29 Jul 2022 = Mediterranean Highlights, 14 Nights (M221)

23 Sep - 07 Oct 2022 = New England And Canada, 14 Nights (M230A)

25 Oct - 01 Nov 2022 = Eastbound Transatlantic Crossing, 7 Nights (M234)

01 Nov - 13 Nov 2022 = Norway And Northern Lights, 12 Nights (M235)

13 Nov - 20 Nov 2022 = Westbound Transatlantic Crossing, 7 Nights (M236)

15 Dec - 22 Dec 2022 = Westbound Transatlantic Crossing, 7 Nights (M240)

QE

15 Nov - 27 Nov 2021 = Atlantic Coast Adventure, 12 Nights (Q133Q)

01 Dec - 13 Dec 2021 = The Canary Islands, 12 Nights (Q135N)

06 Jan - 18 Jan 2022 = The Canary Islands, 12 Nights (Q202N)

13 Feb - 20 Feb 2022 = Atlantic Coast And Iberia, 7 Nights (Q205N)

11 Jul - 21 Jul 2022 = Alaska, 10 Nights (Q222)

21 Jul - 09 Aug 2022 = Panama Canal, 19 Nights (Q223B)

09 Aug - 22 Aug 2022 = Eastbound Transatlantic Crossing From Fort Lauderdale, 13 Nights (Q225)

QV

No contributions yet. Are any of the QV dress codes/themes posted?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, techteach said:

@Victoria2 Beside the “i” it should say the type of dress. See below. If it doesn’t tell you then I’d suspect one of two possibilities. Perhaps the UK site is having issues or perhaps they haven’t decided or posted. This is what it looks like on my calendar.

D35BA074-213E-404A-976C-44E5E0B60D2C.png

Thank you.

There are  no indication of the codes on any of my bookings so I guess I'll have to wait. My bookings are all on Victoria so maybe her evenings haven't been decided yet.

Thanks again

Q203N

18-30 Jan 2022 Western Med

20th Black & White

23rd Masquerade

28th Roaring Twenties

I have to say that I prefer the "Cunard to the Masquerade Ball"! The red, gold and black theme see some stunning evening wear.

Here's one from the voyage's roll call. This is for the first QE voyage after her "staycation" cruises.

13-18 Oct 2021 = Amsterdam, 5 Nights (Q130P)

13 Oct - Smart Attire

14 Oct - Gala Evening (Black and White)

15 Oct - Smart Attire

16 Oct - Gala Evening (Roaring Twenties)

17 Oct - Smart Attire

3 hours ago, david,Mississauga said:

QE - Vancouver-Alaska 14 June 2022 (10 Days)

15 June - Gala - Black and White

22 June - Gala - Roaring Twenties

This is the same order as on our previous Alaska cruise in 2019. 

Thanks, @david,Mississauga. I've applied this schedule, including the themes, to the other two 10-night Alaska cruises on QE's 2022 itinerary I didn't have yet since they've repeated the dress code schedule and themes on past QE Alaska itineraries and this matches what @elmsliebev contributed for the 11 July 2022 Alaska cruise.

Thanks to everyone for your help with this project so far. We now have 1/3 or QE's schedule and almost 2/3 of QM2's schedule.

Check out the sticky Dress Code and Theme Schedules for 2021-22 for the schedules I've compiled so far for QM2 and QE if you haven't seen it yet. I look forward to additional schedules anyone may be able to contribute to fill in more of the gaps.

Edited by bluemarble

As by your request @bluemarble I will post the gala nights for the Queen Elizabeth, Southampton to Dubai, 20th February to 12th March 2022.

I did not have time to read a lot here recently otherwise I might not have booked and saved myself the shock.

The 20 nights cruise with 14 sea days has only 4 gala nights scheduled:

21th Feb Gala Evening- Black and White

25th Feb Gala Evening

04th March Gala Evening

09th March Gala Evening- Roaring Twenties

Here you go @bluemarble

Barcelona- Singapore 10-30 October 2022 

11 Oct B&W 

18 Oct Gala 

23 Oct Gala 

28 Oct Masquerade 

I'm surprised there are so few as there are 15 sea days on this cruise. 

You have most of the SF-Barcelona trip we're doing - but not the last week - round trip Barcelona 22-29 August 2022 

23 Aug B&W 

27 Aug Masquerade

- these are the 2 only sea days in that week so that makes sense  

Edited by lissie

Thanks to everyone who has contributed dress code/theme schedules both here on the main Cunard board and on several roll calls. Keep them coming.

Here are some stats regarding where we are so far with the schedules I've posted on the "Dress Code and Theme Schedules for 2021-22" sticky near the top of this board.

QM2

68% Complete

1.83 Gala Evenings per week

QE

50% Complete

1.62 Gala Evenings per week

1 hour ago, bluemarble said:

Thanks to everyone who has contributed dress code/theme schedules both here on the main Cunard board and on several roll calls. Keep them coming.

Here are some stats regarding where we are so far with the schedules I've posted on the "Dress Code and Theme Schedules for 2021-22" sticky near the top of this board.

QM2

68% Complete

1.83 Gala Evenings per week

QE

50% Complete

1.62 Gala Evenings per week

Once again Thank You BlueMarble... Sounds Right to what we have experienced.

We know it depends on the port days also. Though on our next sailing in September, leaving Quebec is Gala compared to our others are at Sea Day...

Smooth Sailing......

Edited by BklynBoy8

22 minutes ago, travelersjoy said:

For Queen Elizabeth Japan and Alaska, 18 nights, May 16 - June 3

5/18  Black and White

5/23  Gala, unspecified

5/26  Masquerade

6/2    Roaring 20s

Thanks so much for this contribution, @travelersjoy. Just double checking. I'm assuming this is the 19 night voyage (Q217N) from May 17 (Tokyo) to June 4 (Vancouver) where the 19th night is because of crossing the International Date Line from west to east. I hadn't accounted for that extra day in the previous schedules I've posted for QE but I will now.

QM2.  4 night.  Round trip Southampton to Hamburg  14-18 Oct 2022

14. Smart Attire.   Embark pm

15 Gala Evening.   At Sea

16 Smart Attire.     Hamburg

17 Gala Evening.  At sea

18                            Disembark am

For some reason different info than Kynance

Edited by Redrobo

On 10/3/2021 at 3:21 PM, Kynance said:

@bluemarble - here are the details for my QM2 short break in October next year:

M232D

14 October - smart attire

15 October - gala evening (no theme given)

16 October - smart attire

17 October - smart attire

41 minutes ago, Redrobo said:

QM2.  4 night.  Round trip Southampton to Hamburg  14-18 Oct 2022

14. Smart Attire.   Embark pm

15 Gala Evening.   At Sea

16 Smart Attire.     Hamburg

17 Gala Evening.  At sea

18                            Disembark am

For some reason different info than Kynance

Thanks, @Redrobo. I know in the past sometimes they have adjusted the dress code for those short Hamburg segments on the fly, so it wouldn't surprise me to learn they have switched 17 October from "Smart Attire" to "Gala Evening". @Kynance, are you now seeing "Gala Evening" for 17 October as well?

@bluemarble - yes, I’m now seeing gala evening for 17 October 2022 on QM2. I presume it will probably be Gala evening optional in reality,  as many passengers are likely to be disembarking, although I think Cunard might be selling the segment from Hamburg as 2 nights so having a gala evening on the second night gives those people the chance to have a formal night onboard. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/8/2021 at 4:44 PM, bluemarble said:

Thanks so much for this contribution, @travelersjoy. Just double checking. I'm assuming this is the 19 night voyage (Q217N) from May 17 (Tokyo) to June 4 (Vancouver) where the 19th night is because of crossing the International Date Line from west to east. I hadn't accounted for that extra day in the previous schedules I've posted for QE but I will now.

Well, it get's complicated! I double-checked,  and you're right about the dates/night count. That's what's on my invoice and most other places but when I went back and checked again using the calendar on My Cunard it has the dates/dress code I gave you.  The booking summary on My Cunard matches my invoice and everywhere else.   So probably there will be 4 gala nights, but maybe not on the dates on the calendar?

1 hour ago, travelersjoy said:

Well, it get's complicated! I double-checked,  and you're right about the dates/night count. That's what's on my invoice and most other places but when I went back and checked again using the calendar on My Cunard it has the dates/dress code I gave you.  The booking summary on My Cunard matches my invoice and everywhere else.   So probably there will be 4 gala nights, but maybe not on the dates on the calendar?

I'll go with the dates you gave me for the gala evenings. They work well as they are. May 18 is the first full day at sea which is often a gala evening on other itineraries. June 2 is the final sea day before Victoria which is typically a gala evening on the Alaska itineraries.

• 5 months later...
On 9/29/2021 at 8:28 AM, elmsliebev said:

QE 11th July 22 

Alaska cruise followed by Vancouver - Fort Lauderdale 29 nights

12 July Black & White ...

On 10/3/2021 at 8:10 AM, david,Mississauga said:

QE - Vancouver-Alaska 14 June 2022 (10 Days)

15 June - Gala - Black and White ...

Could I bother you two to check the themes currently listed for the gala evenings on your Alaska cruises?

I've received a report from @Castro and Millie that the first gala evening on their Alaska cruise (5 June) has been changed from "Black and White" to the "Ice White" theme which has been scheduled during previous Alaska seasons. It seems likely that Cunard would make the same change to the "Ice White" theme on all their 2022 Alaska itineraries. But I don't to make that assumption without learning they have in fact made that change on your itineraries as well.

6 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

Could I bother you two to check the themes currently listed for the gala evenings on your Alaska cruises?

I've received a report from @Castro and Millie that the first gala evening on their Alaska cruise (5 June) has been changed from "Black and White" to the "Ice White" theme which has been scheduled during previous Alaska seasons. It seems likely that Cunard would make the same change to the "Ice White" theme on all their 2022 Alaska itineraries. But I don't to make that assumption without learning they have in fact made that change on your itineraries as well.

Bluemarble - the 12th July is now Ice White as you thought. The others seem to be unchanged but I will double-check when I get time. Paid the balance today, so it feels real at last! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1