Is Chef's Table Worth it?

8 hours ago, footzz said:

If the answers to the above questions is NO, then it just might be worth it for you to try the Chef's table. The only way to find out if it's  worth it to you, is to try it yourself. In our experience, different lines, different ships and different Exeuctive chefs made all the difference between a great dining experience and 'meh'. 

I have found this to be absolutely true!  Even when having the same menu over again, the executive chef (and to some extent the other guests) have made the experience what it is.  Either great or just a good expensive meal.

7 hours ago, dianajo67 said:

For those who have done it recently — How are they currently handling covid spacing?  Are they keeping everyone at one big table?  I know it’s vaccinated only.  I’m thinking about doing it as a solo, but I wouldn’t want to be stuck sitting at a little table by myself.  Like I’m in time-out or something…..

I am not 100% sure, but I will let you know,  I have Chef's Table scheduled for Halloween night!

We got a pleasant surprise. We love the Chef's Table and when I mentioned to some of our close friends that we would book it this November 7th,  they went in and bought it for us as a retirement gift since this is our retirement cruise. So excited.

• Like 2

On 9/29/2021 at 9:37 AM, EllaDuChien said:

Here is an example of a Chef's Table with people allergic to shellfish and soy.  My meal was the regular offering, but others were allergic.  There was no noticeable delay to our meal in accommodating the allergies.  The chef's are awesome and they have a plan for people with every type of allergy.  

siblingrevelries.com/2020/01/24/dinners-at-sea-chefs-table/

Of course everything is subjective, but I think it is worth it and I reserve it every cruise even though the menu rarely changes.  It is my treat to me!

Thanks for sharing your experience via your blog. We've enjoyed Chef's Table several times but haven't seen Caymus offered in a very long time. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

We got a pleasant surprise. We love the Chef's Table and when I mentioned to some of our close friends that we would book it this November 7th,  they went in and bought it for us as a retirement gift since this is our retirement cruise. So excited.

Nice!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Thanks for sharing your experience via your blog. We've enjoyed Chef's Table several times but haven't seen Caymus offered in a very long time. 

Suzy - I had been to several that did not serve the Caymus with the beef but then this one in November 2019, a very pleasant surprise!  My next Chef's Table is Halloween on the Mariner, I will let you know if we still get the Caymus!  Thanks for reading!

23 hours ago, dianajo67 said:

For those who have done it recently — How are they currently handling covid spacing?  Are they keeping everyone at one big table?  I know it’s vaccinated only.  I’m thinking about doing it as a solo, but I wouldn’t want to be stuck sitting at a little table by myself.  Like I’m in time-out or something…..

Covid spacing was non-existent last week. We had an 8-person table with no spacing for different parties or solos. No time out for you!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1