How can I take a booking back from my travel agent?

11 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

What happens if you are in a group booking and there is a price drop. I honestly don't expect a TA to follow price drops especially a big box TA. I am fine with doing that myself. The other thing I hated about big box TA's is that I can never speak to the person who actually booked the cruise and the communication even through email is from another person. 

No different than any other price drop. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Maybe my approach is wrong. I call I tell them what the cruise line is offering and ask if they have a better rate. They usually offer $50 OBC or specialty restaurant.  I have used the bidding site and there is a site that offers paid gratuity from time to time but now on Princess and Celebrity I just book the all included fare. I wonder if there are group rates for those lines that offer all included. The best deal I ever received was $200 OBC (not store gift card) from a warehouse big box TA. That was a special offer during wave season and I never saw that again.

Lots of clues easily available. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, crazyank said:

What does this have to do with the OP's question?  

It is a comment on some of the other posts.

Welcome to the internet, where, like in face to face conversations, the topic wanders.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, soremekun said:

Finding a travel agent who monitors for price drops automatically isn't that hard to find.  Also, the reason why they do it is because it helps them to get repeated business from that customer and helps with word of mouth referrals.

Yeap.  I get price drops automatically, some OBC from my TA, and fabulous service.

NO downside.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

I have been cruising since 1986 and I have never found a TA who has a group rate. Long before I knew about CC I booked a group with a TA and only got bottles of wine in each room but no group rate. I have tried Big Box and Mom and Pop agents.  I have also waited on hold longer for the big box TAs than for any of the three cruise lines that I travel with.   I agree that during the past two years it would have been better to book with a knowledgeable TA. Keeping up with the changing FCC and refund rules was a full time job. 

The thing is to find an affiliated TA who is knowledgeable and responsive, and stick with them.  Don't go "searching" for a new TA with every booking.  

I have NEVER been on hold for my TA.  I send an email, I get a response.  If we need to talk, (which I think only happened once), we talk.  

He has ALL my info on file, and he processes my Final Payments for me (with my prior permission -- I don't want to have to approve each one individually, but you can do that, too.).

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

What happens if you are in a group booking and there is a price drop. I honestly don't expect a TA to follow price drops especially a big box TA. I am fine with doing that myself. The other thing I hated about big box TA's is that I can never speak to the person who actually booked the cruise and the communication even through email is from another person. 

If I notice a price drop before my TA does, I shoot him an email.  He sends me an email back with the updated invoice.  

No phone calls, and I always deal with the same individual.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

@Grandma Petania

Are you out there?

I'm still here, listening to everyone else.  Have decided to leave my current bookings with the same TA, and give more thought to what to do in the future.  I guess I will start asking my acquaintances about their TA experiences.  Maybe there is a unicorn TA out there waiting to hear from me.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2021 at 8:40 AM, Iamcruzin said:

So I finally have a day off, and I decided to do a little math.  

I have 18 cruises currently booked between now and January 2023, but I only did the math on the first five, which are mid-November to mid-December for a total of 31 days on board various ships (S2Ss and B2Bs).

From when originally booked until today, my TA has processed multiple price drops totaling just over $1700. I book CHEAP cruises.... that $1700 is a third of my original price (so my final price so far is 2/3 of my original cost).  

In addition to the reduced prices, my three inside staterooms have been upgraded and are now an oceanview balcony, a CP balcony (one of the double-wide balconies by The Wall), and an oceanview balcony GTY.  

All of this was accomplished without a single phone call.  

Yes, there really *are* TAs out there who are worth it.  

• Like 1

Just now, brillohead said:

I have 18 cruises currently booked between now and January 2023, but I only did the math on the first five, which are mid-November to mid-December for a total of 31 days on board various ships (S2Ss and B2Bs).

From when originally booked until today, my TA has processed multiple price drops totaling just over $1700. I book CHEAP cruises.... that $1700 is a third of my original price (so my final price so far is 2/3 of my original cost).  

In addition to the reduced prices, my three inside staterooms have been upgraded and are now an oceanview balcony, a CP balcony (one of the double-wide balconies by The Wall), and an oceanview balcony GTY.  

Unfortunately you have to kiss a lot of toads before you find a Prince.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, brillohead said:

If only I could learn the identity of your TA.  I would welcome such a referral, but I know it isn't allowed on here.

5 hours ago, Grandma Petania said:

If only I could learn the identity of your TA.  I would welcome such a referral, but I know it isn't allowed on here.

I can leave you a hint:

On 10/5/2021 at 8:55 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

Lots of clues easily available. 

• Like 1

On 10/5/2021 at 7:03 AM, SRF said:

Yeap.  I get price drops automatically, some OBC from my TA, and fabulous service.

NO downside.

Would you mind sharing your TA information?  I'm not sure if the message function is enabled on CC but you can reach me at msmcnair@msn.com

• Like 1

On 10/6/2021 at 11:36 PM, Grandma Petania said:

Yes please.  Or email me at ladybuglandings@g..mail.com

On 10/7/2021 at 12:45 AM, Grandma Petania said:

Thanks to everyone for helping me out!

43 minutes ago, mlambert said:

Please do give us a hint.

This should help.