$58.00 charge from Princess on AMEX?

GeorgesGal

I disagree with a few of you.  I booked a specialty dinner thru the app.  An hour later I cancelled the reservation.  Princess charged my AMEX card.  I waited a week, and it was still there.  I disputed the charge and AMEX took it off.  Princess should have reversed the charge especially when I cancelled an hour later.  I did not want to spend hours on the phone waiting to speak with someone.  I took the straightforward way out.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AF-1 said:

I disagree with a few of you.  I booked a specialty dinner thru the app.  An hour later I cancelled the reservation.  Princess charged my AMEX card.  I waited a week, and it was still there.  I disputed the charge and AMEX took it off.  Princess should have reversed the charge especially when I cancelled an hour later.  I did not want to spend hours on the phone waiting to speak with someone.  I took the straightforward way out.  

Charges are immediate. Refunds can take an entire billing cycle to show up. You wasted Amex's time by opening a dispute. Charges can't just be reversed. There's a process that needs to happen.

15 hours ago, AF-1 said:

Princess does not reverse those charges until after the cruise is completed. Then it may take several weeks. For example: I had booked post cruise bus transfer ($58.00) on my Sept. 12 Alaskan cruise. I changed my mind and decided to book it when onboard using OBC. The $58.00 showed on my personalyzer until the cruise. Princess tells me it will probably go back on the CC around 6 weeks. I also have a $116.00 credit showing on my upcoming October cruise when I rebooked EzAir at a lower price after final payment. Just the way Princess does it. Best to be patient.

2 hours ago, billco said:

Princess does not reverse those charges until after the cruise is completed. Then it may take several weeks. 

It may depend on the type of charge, but I booked a SR for later in the cruise and then decided to cancel that and book for the 8th.  The new charge for $58 showed immediately on my CC and the credit for the original night was credited a couple days later.  Certainly less than a week to get the credit.

On 10/1/2021 at 1:46 PM, GeorgesGal said:

Yes, I did book a specialty dinner for my sister and I, but it was supposed to be one of the perks for staying in a suite (first night).  If this is the case will it automatically be credited back to the CC I used once on board?

And thank you all for pointing this out.  I hadn't realized Princess would bill for something that is supposed to be gratis.

Donna

My specialty dinner showed as a discount when i booked it. so it did not charge.

On 10/3/2021 at 4:59 AM, billco said:

. I also have a $116.00 credit showing on my upcoming October cruise when I rebooked EzAir at a lower price after final payment. Just the way Princess does it. Best to be patient.

@billco if you have a TA have them call Princess and trigger the refund for you or call Princess and ask them to contact the revenue department for you to ask for the EZair refund to be processed.  This is not a problem, I have done it many times and the refund typically shows up within a week.