Live from Symphony - Oct 2, 2021

2 minutes ago, larka said:

Do not take UBER from the Port of Miami upon your return.  UBER charged us $73 to the Miami Airport.  They only charged us $33 from the airport to the Cruise Port going.  Take a Taxi.

We used Lyft.  From Port to airport it was I believe $48.  We used one of the larger vehicles. There were 4 of us plus luggage.  From the hotel to the airport $13 for 2 of us.  Small car.  $73 sounds high unless they picked you up in a Limo. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I have a few more hours sitting in the airport so here we go. 

There are two sets of slides. I didn't think I could shoot much sliding down the biggest slide so I left the phone. I wish I would of taken it.  Here are pics from the smaller slides. 

This is a view of where the CocoCay employees stay. 

20211008_110725.thumb.jpg.b71d1e973719cf784a50f0e0e17222d9.jpg

20211008_110732.thumb.jpg.08a36ba8b1221ec2fe8170bb455949fd.jpg

20211008_110636.thumb.jpg.9339354823a5ecc27290a5b3a343bad3.jpg

This is the first time I have seen a photo of this area - cool - thank you.     A lot more housing units than what I thought there would be.    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, larka said:

Do not take UBER from the Port of Miami upon your return.  UBER charged us $73 to the Miami Airport.  They only charged us $33 from the airport to the Cruise Port going.  Take a Taxi.

I know Uber will change their prices based on day and hours of your ride but $73 sounds like you selected one of their upgraded services instead of the regular uber option.    May want to look at the app to see your billing information and dispute it online if there is a problem.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Here is a view of the ship from the tower slide. Zoom in on the climbing walls.  RC has made dummies to look like people on the wall. 

20211008_142515.thumb.jpg.9069bddea1b06c76ecf77e73b303ef3d.jpg

20211008_150253.thumb.jpg.365fd465c6f9029f3a561c3a0386554c.jpg

20211008_142503.thumb.jpg.e2ccd870c87f29ee41184dc224e4422a.jpg

Those slides look so skinny!

Do they have a walk through frame to show you’ll fit?

Like putting your carry on into the box to see if it will fit in the overhead?

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

This is the first time I have seen a photo of this area - cool - thank you.     A lot more housing units than what I thought there would be.    

Isn't that neat.  I knew they had a place but this was the first time I saw it.  One guy said since the ship was later than others he got to sleep in to 6:00am.

BTW,...On the road again, sure feels good to be on the road again.  We just ate at Olive Garden and now headed to Huntsville! 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Those slides look so skinny!

Do they have a walk through frame to show you’ll fit?

Like putting your carry on into the box to see if it will fit in the overhead?

You so have to weigh in on to ride the slide in the video.  Good think we were not doing a B2B. 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Isn't that neat.  I knew they had a place but this was the first time I saw it.  One guy said since the ship was later than others he got to sleep in to 6:00am.

BTW,...On the road again, sure feels good to be on the road again.  We just ate at Olive Garden and now headed to Huntsville! 

Road Trip!     You will probably sleep like a baby when you get back home to your own bed (no getting up at 6 am 😂).    That's great that DW's family came to the rescue.   

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Hiro was canceled twice on us due to weather the first night and tech the next. They had it a third night but we had something else scheduled.  We did see some. 

This post made me want to get back on an O class ship more than any other reason. That was a 10 second tease!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, larka said:

I've never taken an UBER that didn't show the price BEFORE I agreed to the fare.  

Why didn't you just decline the ride and take a cab instead?

• Like 1

Glad SW finally came through for you today, and you were able to get home. DH and I are both glad we live in Central FL  with so many cruise ports within fairly easy driving distance from us. 😎

Thanks again for taking time to share your cruise and photos with us! 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, perfect match said:

Glad SW finally came through for you today, and you were able to get home. DH and I are both glad we live in Central FL  with so many cruise ports within fairly easy driving distance from us. 😎

Thanks again for taking time to share your cruise and photos with us! 

Thanks.  My dad enjoyed living in Venice.  He enjoyed cruising.

• Like 1

All good things must come to an end so it’s time to wrap this live review up.  Sure there are more pics and experiences to share but if I keep going it will turn into a memory review.  Thank you for sharing this adventure with me.  This was an enjoyable first review and because of you, the encouragement, the thanks, and the enjoyment you showed, it would be very hard not to do it again. Reviews can be a challenge but y’all made it worth it.

There are many reasons why we follow Cruise Critics.  The main reason we love to cruise.  I, like many, have been here trying to figure out, is it time to get back.  I am still there with vacationing over seas.  My main concern was if I book a cruise will it get canceled again.  I believe those concerns are over for cruising out of the states.  All things can change as SW pointed out to me again, but in life we need to be able to take at least some chance to enjoy the things we love including cruising.

Some concern is safety and I understand.  We have all had different experiences.  Living through this in a rural area of Arkansas is different than the big cities.  I have learned to respect other people concerns. This is my thought, take it for what it’s worth.  If you are feeling comfortable walking into Home Depot, Walmart, or other public places you will be comfortable on a ship.  If you’re still not sure, try some land vacations and build up your confidence for a cruise.

Thanks again. It was so fun.  I just thought of a fun riddle to end with.  I will post the answer with a picture after some have a chance to guess.

What brings great joy, happiness and will lift you when it greets you but can bring you down in the end?

The answer is ship related.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Bravo! Well done John. I couldn't agree more about what CC does for all of us. We have become family. Thank you for letting us be a part of yours. Hopefully we will be on a cruise together some day. First drink is on me. Cheers!

Greg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

{{{snip}}}

Thanks again. It was so fun.  I just thought of a fun riddle to end with.  I will post the answer with a picture after some have a chance to guess.

What brings great joy, happiness and will lift you when it greets you but can bring you down in the end?

The answer is ship related.

Thanks so much for doing this! I really enjoyed your review. 
As for the riddle, the answer is more a sound for me — that beep the sea pass scanner makes when boarding or disembarking the ship. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, JaneStarr said:

Thanks so much for doing this! I really enjoyed your review. 
As for the riddle, the answer is more a sound for me — that beep the sea pass scanner makes when boarding or disembarking the ship. 

The beep is a great guess but I did not have my hearing aids in when boarding and leaving. 😂

You will see it.  And when you do the first day it will lift you up but the last day it will let you down. 

We need a few more guess. 

• Haha 1