Live from Symphony - Oct 2, 2021

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

What brings great joy, happiness and will lift you when it greets you but can bring you down in the end?

The answer is ship related.

Well, I my guess of Southwest is probably wrong then!😂😂. That is, unless you consider air ships.

I enjoyed your review and photos.  Great job.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

All good things must come to an end so it’s time to wrap this live review up.  Sure there are more pics and experiences to share but if I keep going it will turn into a memory review.  Thank you for sharing this adventure with me.  This was an enjoyable first review and because of you, the encouragement, the thanks, and the enjoyment you showed, it would be very hard not to do it again. Reviews can be a challenge but y’all made it worth it.

There are many reasons why we follow Cruise Critics.  The main reason we love to cruise.  I, like many, have been here trying to figure out, is it time to get back.  I am still there with vacationing over seas.  My main concern was if I book a cruise will it get canceled again.  I believe those concerns are over for cruising out of the states.  All things can change as SW pointed out to me again, but in life we need to be able to take at least some chance to enjoy the things we love including cruising.

Some concern is safety and I understand.  We have all had different experiences.  Living through this in a rural area of Arkansas is different than the big cities.  I have learned to respect other people concerns. This is my thought, take it for what it’s worth.  If you are feeling comfortable walking into Home Depot, Walmart, or other public places you will be comfortable on a ship.  If you’re still not sure, try some land vacations and build up your confidence for a cruise.

Thanks again. It was so fun.  I just thought of a fun riddle to end with.  I will post the answer with a picture after some have a chance to guess.

What brings great joy, happiness and will lift you when it greets you but can bring you down in the end?

An elevator?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Wonderful review, excellent pictures, especially those of Coco Cay.  Having never visited, I like seeing pictures I've never seen before.  I just wish those loungers had "arms".

I sure you would enjoy it.  There is much more to see and do there.  I really thought I would be sore after climbing the towers but not.  I let the young kids go around while climbing the tallest one but made it! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mets07 said:

The gangway?

It’s the Saturday sign in the elevator.  The day you arrive you enter the elevator and see the Saturday sign on the way up to your room.  Exciting.  The next Saturday you drag your bags on to go down.    I had forgotten the day signs.  Neat to see again.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

The beep is a great guess but I did not have my hearing aids in when boarding and leaving. 😂

You will see it.  And when you do the first day it will lift you up but the last day it will let you down. 

We need a few more guess. 

I would say the lifts, but that wouldn’t work for those whose cabins are on lower decks!

Edited by jagsfan

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Wonderful review, excellent pictures, especially those of Coco Cay.  Having never visited, I like seeing pictures I've never seen before.  I just wish those loungers had "arms".

I wish I could get out of a lounger!

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

It’s the Saturday sign in the elevator.  The day you arrive you enter the elevator and see the Saturday sign on the way up to your room.  Exciting.  The next Saturday you drag your bags on to go down.    I had forgotten the day signs.  Neat to see again.

The little touches that add so much!

Thank you for a most enjoyable review! 
I’m looking forward to your next one. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

All good things must come to an end so it’s time to wrap this live review up.  Sure there are more pics and experiences to share but if I keep going it will turn into a memory review.  Thank you for sharing this adventure with me.  This was an enjoyable first review and because of you, the encouragement, the thanks, and the enjoyment you showed, it would be very hard not to do it again. Reviews can be a challenge but y’all made it worth it.

There are many reasons why we follow Cruise Critics.  The main reason we love to cruise.  I, like many, have been here trying to figure out, is it time to get back.  I am still there with vacationing over seas.  My main concern was if I book a cruise will it get canceled again.  I believe those concerns are over for cruising out of the states.  All things can change as SW pointed out to me again, but in life we need to be able to take at least some chance to enjoy the things we love including cruising.

Some concern is safety and I understand.  We have all had different experiences.  Living through this in a rural area of Arkansas is different than the big cities.  I have learned to respect other people concerns. This is my thought, take it for what it’s worth.  If you are feeling comfortable walking into Home Depot, Walmart, or other public places you will be comfortable on a ship.  If you’re still not sure, try some land vacations and build up your confidence for a cruise.

Thanks again. It was so fun.  I just thought of a fun riddle to end with.  I will post the answer with a picture after some have a chance to guess.

Thank you for a fantastic review with fabulous photos.

I definitely enjoyed following along.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Mimi,    Your remark just reminded me of my friends sister-in-law trying to get out of an anti-gravity chair this past Summer.  She is short, and was having trouble getting out of the chair.  After a while, she looked at her Apple(?) watch, and saw that it had asked if she had fallen and needed help.  LOL!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

Here’s a suggestion,  roll of the lounger and hit the sand.  They will run over to see if you are ok.  Then they will help you up.  🤣 You may be sandy but they have showers around.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Mimi,    Your remark just reminded me of my friends sister-in-law trying to get out of an anti-gravity chair this past Summer.  She is short, and was having trouble getting out of the chair.  After a while, she looked at her Apple(?) watch, and saw that it had asked if she had fallen and needed help.  LOL!!

We are still driving home but almost there!  Sharon’s brother is giving us a ride.  To pass the time, Sharon has been entertaining her brother telling him stories of me falling here and there.  Reminiscing! 😂

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I once made the mistake of sitting in one during my last cruise.  When it was time to get up I knew I was in trouble.  I sat there, and gave myself a pep talk.  After a few tries I finally got up, luckily keeping the lounger intact.  When I'm with Jack, no issue.  He takes my hands and hoists me up like the big strong guy he is.  The word hoist is not used lightly!

🤣💪 

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Too funny.  Technology at its best...or not best.

Are anti-gravity chairs the ones that sort of swing every time you move?

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 1

I see you’ve already answered the riddle. I was going to say elevator, so I was close but not quite there. 

Having thoroughly enjoyed this review, I’m hoping you will decide to do another. No pressure, 😃 but I’ll be watching and following along if you do decide to do one! 🛳

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

The beep is a great guess but I did not have my hearing aids in when boarding and leaving. 😂

You will see it.  And when you do the first day it will lift you up but the last day it will let you down. 

We need a few more guess. 

delete - I answered riddle with elevator but now see it has already been answered. 

Thank you again John and Sharon for sharing your trip with us.   Happy trails and hope to meet both of you on a cruise someday soon.😍

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Here’s a suggestion,  roll of the lounger and hit the sand.  They will run over to see if you are ok.  Then they will help you up.  🤣 You may be sandy but they have showers around.

Believe me, I thought of that the last time I tried getting out of one. It was on a pool deck and I couldn’t make myself roll out onto concrete. I thought about hitting my 911 app and getting a couple of hunky paramedics to haul me to my feet. 
I don’t care if I embarrass myself any more. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

48 minutes ago, perfect match said:

I see you’ve already answered the riddle. I was going to say elevator, so I was close but not quite there. 

Having thoroughly enjoyed this review, I’m hoping you will decide to do another. No pressure, 😃 but I’ll be watching and following along if you do decide to do one! 🛳

The was more fun than I expected.  The gang got to where they would not take a bite of food until I snapped a pic.  We are booked for Hawaii in April so that’s a long time to keep an eye 👁 out.  I am very tempted to squeeze one in before so we will see.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I once made the mistake of sitting in one during my last cruise.  When it was time to get up I knew I was in trouble.  I sat there, and gave myself a pep talk.  After a few tries I finally got up, luckily keeping the lounger intact.  When I'm with Jack, no issue.  He takes my hands and hoists me up like the big strong guy he is.  The word hoist is not used lightly!

🤣💪 

Too funny.  Technology at its best...or not best.

Are anti-gravity chairs the ones that sort of swing every time you move?

No, Bonnie.  You sit down and when you push yourself back, the front of the chair lifts up (picture a recliner).  We had two of them.  We hated them and got rid of them.